• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Nice Jogging Holster

http://www.pistolwear.com/pt-2-concealment-holster/

Been using it for a couple of months with a G26. I figured if it can handle the weight of a G26 without jumping around on my waist than it is good to go for me with a Shield or BG380, which are more likely to join me on a run in warmer months.

I don't wear it Kangaroo style like in most of the pics, but wear it on my right side. Feels more comfortable there and doesn't print as much. I also added two cell phone pouches (one for phone and one for slim wallet/LTC) which I wear on my left side. Feels like I'm putting on a Bat utility belt, but the neoprene material is very comfortable and it doesn't move on my waist while running.

Overall, it is an awesome option for running if you do that kind of thing.

Any thoughts on how it would fit a small (5') woman? My wife runs a lot and would probably like to have the option on her longer runs.

What is the lowdown on this feature?

Perspiration barrier.

I sweat like a pig in a hot attic in the summer. And this is in the winter, In the summer I really sweat. I try to run at least 5 times a week so it's gonna get wet.

That's a good question. I too sweat heavily when running in the summer. The material seems like it would soak right through, but I have yet to see a drop of sweat on my firearm after a run. Granted, there have only been a couple of days where it was warm enough to really work up a sweat, but dry is dry for now. I'll try to follow up once the summer hits and I get a real chance to test it. I use kydex pocket holsters inside as a way of covering the trigger better, so that gives me a bit more protection from sweat, but even that hasn't gotten wet. With my setup, the top of the G26 and Shield are flush with the top of the holster and I think that sweat dripping down from my arm pit could potentially hit the rear plate area, based on the way I carry on my side.

Any thoughts on how it would fit a small (5') woman? My wife runs a lot and would probably like to have the option on her longer runs.

These types of things usually do better with women, as long as they adjust down small enough, because women's more pronounced waist and hips help it stay in place.

I'm intrigued. Running is about the only time I don't carry because I haven't figured out a way to do so comfortably and securely. Even cycling, I stick a pistol right on my strong side in my cycling shorts. Oh yeah. And swimming, I don't carry when I'm swimming. Ha.

Don

My holster for running, biking, or any athletic activity is my standard everyday IWB holster. I put on the skivvies, put on the belt and holster rig over the skivvies, and then put on sweat pants over the holster. You have to remember to place the waistband in the correct position and then tighten the drawstring. Sometimes I tuck a
tee shirt into the waistband of the sweats before tightening the string for additional concealment piece of mind. It works perfectly. The draw is a little less smooth than normal but with a few practice draws it's no problem. You'd be surprised to see how little jeans or any regular pants actually do to help support the gun. I use this all the time and not just for running or workouts. It's really comfortable on long car rides and etc. If you don't run or workout.....but can relate to the moniker "Captain Sweatpants"....You're welcome.

I was recently doing some research on a holster or system I can use for running. I, honestly, came up empty handed again. I did see this Pistolwear PT-2 and I also found the video that dcmdon linked in post #10. She says the holster sticks out about 1" and that's WITHOUT a gun in it. I was planning on carrying my Shield or my P238. Most of my running shirts are not loose, they are fitted or semi-fitted and I don't necessarily want a whole new wardrobe. The other issue I have with this holster is that it looks very tall. It nearly covers her entire abdomen. I'm concerned that it would be way too bulky and take up too much real estate on my body.

Interesting.

Are you saying that your belt just hangs on you? You don't run it through any loops . Over the underwear and under the sweats or if its summer, athletic shorts?

Thanks,

Don

Yes....exactly. It's nothing special either. I use a Blackhawk rigger's belt that was 15.00 online, IWB holster that came in a kit from Old Faithful holsters for 35.00, and the gun is a G19. I don't think there's a better carry rig in existence for 50 bucks....

Hmm. I'll have to play with that. I already own all those items. Thanks.

Don

p.s. the issue with me may be shorts. Even in this weather, I typically wear shorts rather than sweats.

Exactly. You see these threads all the time with this holster trial and error stuff. Look to what you already own and like and make it work. I know a lot of people with the "dead holster drawer" and this stuff isn't cheap. As a frugal tightwad I'm always looking to work with what I already have on hand. Also, I like carrying the same gun in the same spot on my body all the time. If and or when SHTF I don't want to be trying to remember which gun I have today and where it is. I use this method with shorts also but the elastic waist band isn't good. You need the draw string. Cargo shorts with belt loops are also an alternative....

I am 100% with you on your two main points.

1) I'm cheap, and I generally don't make holster mistakes anymore. But back when I was younger. . . well. That was then. Either way, my crossbreed supertuck will probably work great.

2) I like to think that I'm not very good or very smart. So I like to keep things as simple as possible.

Thanks,

Don

These look pretty good. I'll give it a try. My daughter who just got her ltc likes the look of them too. Op thanks for posting this also read and enjoyed both books

Has anyone seen or use this one before? If I had to buy one right now, I'd probably get this one., I think.

Can Can Concealment Sport Belt Micro

SMB1_grande.jpg

Here's a video to 'offset' the picture above if it's not to your liking [laugh]

Last edited by a moderator:
My holster for running, biking, or any athletic activity is my standard everyday IWB holster. I put on the skivvies, put on the belt and holster rig over the skivvies, and then put on sweat pants over the holster. You have to remember to place the waistband in the correct position and then tighten the drawstring. Sometimes I tuck a
tee shirt into the waistband of the sweats before tightening the string for additional concealment piece of mind. It works perfectly. The draw is a little less smooth than normal but with a few practice draws it's no problem. You'd be surprised to see how little jeans or any regular pants actually do to help support the gun. I use this all the time and not just for running or workouts. It's really comfortable on long car rides and etc. If you don't run or workout.....but can relate to the moniker "Captain Sweatpants"....You're welcome.

I got a chance to play with this on a short 3 mile run today.

I put my 1 1/4 inch Wilderness Tactical frequent flyer belt (very light) on over my boxer briefs, then I put my crossbreed supertuck holster inside the belt with a G43 inside. Then I put my running shorts over that.

It was perfect. There is no need to have the gun belt going through any loops. I doubled up on the boxer briefs to serve as a cushion against the holster, but I think that that precaution was unnecessary.

I actually tucked my shirt in so the gun was exposed, but then put my jacket over it. It worked flawlessly and could have worked without a jacket. It was very very comfortable with no bouncing.

CCW - thank you. This is a GREAT idea that happens to leverage stuff I already have.

Don

p.s. my wife saw me writing this and then corrected me that it was a 5 mile run. Then she asked "you were carrying??". Yup. Whatever, she said. Ha.

Last edited:
I gave up and started wearing a bra when running. Best holster ever. This is MA, so it has the added advantage that people just get out of your way for fear of committing a hate crime.

I am kidding.

I just use my SmartCarry holster when running, but I tend to wear it a bit higher than normal, and just off to one side so it doesn't bounce "where it counts." The SmartCarry is a really great deep concealment holster normally worn around the hips, but it works just fine as a running holster if it's pulled up a bit. It's a much smaller profile than the original post.

I put my 1 1/4 inch Wilderness Tactical frequent flyer belt (very light) on over my boxer briefs, then I put my crossbreed supertuck holster inside the belt with a G43 inside. Then I put my running shorts over that.

It was perfect. There is no need to have the gun belt going through any loops. I doubled up on the boxer briefs to serve as a cushion against the holster, but I think that that precaution was unnecessary.

I actually tucked my shirt in so the gun was exposed, but then put my jacket over it. It worked flawlessly and could have worked without a jacket. It was very very comfortable with no bouncing.

CCW - thank you. This is a GREAT idea that happens to leverage stuff I already have.

Don

p.s. my wife saw me writing this and then corrected me that it was a 5 mile run. Then she asked "you were carrying??". Yup. Whatever, she said. Ha.

NP! I'm glad to hear you like it

By the way. The method suggested by CCW and tried by me does NOT bounce at all. It really is perfectly comfortable. In fact the belt and holster are more comfortable when worn this way than when worn with the belt attached to pants.

Since I originally posted this during cooler months, I wanted to offer an update now that I've had a few months of warmer weather to try it out.

The holster is still awesome! I was worried that sweat dripping down onto the rear plate area of the gun would be an issue, since I carry it on my strong side and not like a kangaroo pouch, but I have not had any problems with this.

Also running in t-shirts, it doesn't feel like it prints much. In fact carrying my wallet and phone in pouches on my left side sticks out more than the holster side.

Overall, very happy with this purchase.

Totally agree and meant to post an update myself. I hike a lot and use this holster often. My wife didn't believe me the first time I told her I was carrying with it (had athletic shorts and a tshirt on). It's great. Thanks for the recommendation!

It was perfect. There is no need to have the gun belt going through any loops.

I actually I've utucked my shirt in so the gun was exposed, but then put my jacket over it. It worked flawlessly and could have worked without a jacket. It was very very comfortable with no bouncing.

Don

Here's my update. This has also worked perfectly all summer and for me it was free, since I already had a good belt and IWB holster.

I've used it with the waistband of athletic shorts over the butt of the gun and no shirt. So it conceals really well that way. If I'm wearing a T shirt, I leave the upper part of the gun exposed like in a standard IWB scenario.

I was recently doing some research on a holster or system I can use for running. I, honestly, came up empty handed again. I did see this Pistolwear PT-2 and I also found the video that dcmdon linked in post #10. She says the holster sticks out about 1" and that's WITHOUT a gun in it. I was planning on carrying my Shield or my P238. Most of my running shirts are not loose, they are fitted or semi-fitted and I don't necessarily want a whole new wardrobe. The other issue I have with this holster is that it looks very tall. It nearly covers her entire abdomen. I'm concerned that it would be way too bulky and take up too much real estate on my body.

Since you are so short, it probably would come down to your kneecaps. [devil] [rofl]

---------------

On a more serious note. The height of that holster on the video makes her look like she's got a beer belly instead of a gun, so most likely nobody would question what it was. Also if someone had reasonably large breasts that weren't tied down by the sports bra, that extra 2.25" sticking out probably wouldn't be very noticeable.

Back
Top Bottom