• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Nice CCW moment

I had to have a car towed from my house to a garage in Portland to get some repair work done on it, and rode with the tow driver to the auto shop so I could grab a loaner car for Mrz Jamz.

We got to talking about stuff, he mentioned that the local bank was robbed this morning, and he tells me that he usually carries a gun, in part because he repos cars. He said that for some reason, he didn't put it on this morning, no idea why.

I said, "Don't worry, I've got mine!" [grin] and patted my pocket. He laughed, and I set him straight on a few erronous CCW laws he thought he knew.

Nice to run across someone else who carries, I guess.

Good to hear there are still some sane gun-owners in Portland.

When Chitwood confiscated that Man's open-carry gun back in the early 90s and wasn't forced to resign, I thought Portland had sold its soul to become "Bean-Town-Lite"

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

I once had a client, otherwise a good, er, person, who was disapprovingly aware of my usual status. Then one night we had to attend a public "hearing" to which a whole flock of whackos were attracted. The convening authority, however, had forgotten to arrange for some detail guys for security. Jane sat down right next to me and passed a note: "I'll never say another negative word about you-know-what." And she never did.

I had to have a car towed from my house to a garage in Portland to get some repair work done on it, and rode with the tow driver to the auto shop so I could grab a loaner car for Mrz Jamz.

We got to talking about stuff, he mentioned that the local bank was robbed this morning, and he tells me that he usually carries a gun, in part because he repos cars. He said that for some reason, he didn't put it on this morning, no idea why.

I said, "Don't worry, I've got mine!" [grin] and patted my pocket. He laughed, and I set him straight on a few erronous CCW laws he thought he knew.

Nice to run across someone else who carries, I guess.

Jamz, what is your understanding about CCW in a bar?

I posted a question and listed the Maine Statute but nobody gave me their opinion on it.

Fee

Back
Top Bottom