NH woman charged after Quincy police find drugs, rifle in car

Agreed if she's a non resident or has less than 60 days residency.

Except that it is a large capacity weapon and large capacity ammunition feeding device.There is no exemption to the LTC requirement which is applicable to large capacity weapons and large capacity ammunition feeding devices. The exemption that was referred to (mgl c. 140 s. 129C(h)) relates to the FID requirement (i.e. with respect to non-large capacity rifles and shotguns). See Commonwealth v. Clint A. Cornelius (78 Mass App Court 413). Also, note that the 60-day new resident exemption only applies within the home (Commonwealth v. Kenneth T. Wood, 398 MASS 135).

Except that it is a large capacity weapon and large capacity ammunition feeding device.There is no exemption to the LTC requirement which is applicable to large capacity weapons and large capacity ammunition feeding devices. The exemption that was referred to (mgl c. 140 s. 129C(h)) relates to the FID requirement (i.e. with respect to non-large capacity rifles and shotguns). See Commonwealth v. Clint A. Cornelius (78 Mass App Court 413). Also, note that the 60-day new resident exemption only applies within the home (Commonwealth v. Kenneth T. Wood, 398 MASS 135).
Correct. We were all speculating prior to seeing any picture of the items.

Correct but we were having a discussion on the basic issue of legality of a non resident possession of a non large capacity rifle without a license of any type.

So, where is he/she being held? Quincy police station jail cell, Dedham HOC, Cedar Junction or is he/she back out on the streets after posting $2,500 cash bail, and did he/she get the rifle back and a slap on the wrist by the judge in Quincy district court?

Who remembers when all major roads into the state had the huge sign notifying all motorists of the MA gun laws?

Maybe someone held a Cutting Out Down Party one night.

Any idea when they took them down? Serious question.

Maybe when they replaced the turkey with the chickadee
(or vice versa?).

P&R licenses still exist, however the "permit to carry" in NH for the last year or so has been a shall-issue one known as "a pulse".

I'd love to know if she said "I have a license to carry it's just not here right now..." or something like a yes when asked if she CAN carry in NH.

(Mr. Strange is going to love this one...)

Wouldn't it be a hoot if a Granite Stater responded to
"do you have a license for that gun"
by pulling out one of those fake parchment Bills of Rights
(you know, from the "Congrefs of the United States")
that you can buy at gift shops near Revolutionary War historical sites?

Wouldn't it be a hoot if a Granite Stater responded to
"do you have a license for that gun"
by pulling out one of those fake parchment Bills of Rights
(you know, from the "Congrefs of the United States")
that you can buy at gift shops near Revolutionary War historical sites?
I do have a copy of the Bill of Rights, card sized, in steel... from the days when people were getting irate that you had to empty your pockets, take off your shoes, etc., at airports. You know, before TSA made it worse and we began, like the frogs of legend, to yearn for the cooler water of yesterday.

The 4th is highlighted on it... but it is a complete BoR, so I guess it'd do today.

The idea, I guess, was something like this:

*BEEP*

"Anything in your pockets?"

"Just this..." *CLANK* "Guess I don't need it anymore..."​

I do have a copy of the Bill of Rights, card sized, in steel...

Sort of like the eternal (i.e., no date) [junior] high school hall pass
I fabbed in galvanized plate and had my metal shop teacher
scribe his signature upon;
writ large, as it were.

(Larry Lathe was the bomb -
he let a classmate spend a semester
fabbing a flintlock from band iron and bar stock).

Back
Top Bottom