• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH woman charged after Quincy police find drugs, rifle in car

AHM

NES Member
NH woman charged after Quincy police find drugs, rifle in car

Highlights:

QUINCY – An 18-year-old New Hampshire woman was arraigned on numerous drug and weapons charges after police say she was dealing drugs out of her car on Tuesday while carrying an illegally possessed rifle.

Gillian Connors, 18, of Derry, New Hampshire, was given $2,500 cash bail following her arraignment in Quincy District Court on Wednesday. ...

Police searched the car, where they found a .22-caliber round in the rear pocket of the passenger seat.

Connors told police she had a permit in New Hampshire and admitted that she had a rifle in the trunk. Inside the trunk, police found a .22-caliber Marlin Model 70 rifle, a clear plastic magazine that was loaded with 11 .22-caliber rounds and a box of .22-caliber ammunition. The rifle was unloaded, but there was no trigger lock or lock for the case to secure it. ...

A check of New Hampshire gun permits revealed Connors does not have a license or a permit to carry a firearm in New Hampshire as she had told police.

Connors was charged with two counts of possession of cocaine and oxycodone with intent to distribute, possession of fentanyl with intent to distribute, unlawful possession of a firearm, illegal possession of ammunition, and improper storage of a firearm. ...

AR-180717505.jpg

Too bad she wasn't caught with a Henry Golden Boy.

Then we could call her "Chuck".
HomelyTestyImperatorangel-size_restricted.gif

That’s pure crazy right there.
Tough to tell if its "crazy" or "ohshitireallyf*ckedup" or a little of both.

$2500 is pretty steep considering. If she had a Spanish last name and was in Springfield instead of Quincy, she might have been kicked loose on $500 or personal recognizance if she managed to cry in front of the judge.

Quote...A check of New Hampshire gun permits revealed Connors does not have a license or a permit to carry a firearm in New Hampshire as she had told police.

They must have forgot about constitutional carry.
On purpose!

Not familiar with the Marlin 70, but if low-capacity and if she isn't already a PP, MGL allows possession of a low-capacity long gun and ammo with no permits required.

That said, possession of firearms while committing a felony (selling drugs) is a crime.

No need for a trigger lock or locked case if it was in a "locked trunk".

Of course they can charge her with anything they like. It'll be up to her (likely ignorant of Mass gun laws) public defender to refute the BS charges.

Sorry but she looks like a guy to me. Trim back the hair and she has man features.

On purpose!

Not familiar with the Marlin 70, but if low-capacity and if she isn't already a PP, MGL allows possession of a low-capacity long gun and ammo with no permits required.

That said, possession of firearms while committing a felony (selling drugs) is a crime.

No need for a trigger lock or locked case if it was in a "locked trunk".

Of course they can charge her with anything they like. It'll be up to her (likely ignorant of Mass gun laws) public defender to refute the BS charges.

Sorry but she looks like a guy to me. Trim back the hair and she has man features.

The Marlin Model 70 typically shipped with low capacity magazines. I own a 70P, which is the Papoose (takedown) model, that was factory equipped with a 7 round detachable magazine. The stock low capacity magazines for Marlin rifles are metal. Marlin offered a see-through plastic high capacity magazine as an accessory. (There are several other companies which have made aftermarket magazines for Marlin rifles, including large capacity magazines which are made of clear plastic) The model 70HC shipped from the factory with the high capacity magazine and is identified by model designation on the large capacity roster.

The article reports that she had a clear plastic magazine loaded with 11 rounds. If that is accurate, then it reads to me like the rifle should be considered a large capacity weapon based on copossession of a large capacity ammunition feeding device in conjunction with the rifle, even if it was originally shipped with a non-large capacity feeding device. There is no exemption which allows an individual to possess a large capacity weapon or feeding device without an LTC.

marlin model 60 (i previously wrote 70) is tube fed. not magazine. IIRC the model 795 was a mag fed version but factory mags are only 10. regardless this is all minutia. the unfortunate reality is that .gov loves our stupid drug laws. the courts would be a ghost town if we just legalized all this crap. never gonna happen.

Last edited:
marlin model 70 is tube fed. not magazine. IIRC the model 795 was a mag fed version but factory mags are only 10. regardless this is all minutia. the unfortunate reality is that .gov loves our stupid drug laws. the courts would be a ghost town if we just legalized all this crap. never gonna happen.

The Marlin 70 is mag fed (60 is tube) but you're right this was all about the drug bust - the firearms found in the search were just gravy for the cops and "OMG GUNZ" for the press.

Anyhow, the license/no license in NH is not relevant, since her right to possess a rifle in NH never was related to a license to carry, nor changed by our recent con carry shift. It wasn't loaded, so not even RSA changes to possession of a loaded long arm in a vehicle were in play. No idea why she'd say she had a carry license in NH - maybe the police asked if she had a license and she said she's legal in NH and that was their spin, or interpretation, or ignorance. Finally, even it's not a "large capacity" rifle, that magazine still is, so charging her on that will stick (if they don't just use the pile of charges as a bargaining chip).

marlin model 70 is tube fed. not magazine. IIRC the model 795 was a mag fed version but factory mags are only 10. regardless this is all minutia. the unfortunate reality is that .gov loves our stupid drug laws. the courts would be a ghost town if we just legalized all this crap. never gonna happen.

The Marlin 60 is tube-fed.

The Marlin 70 is a previous magazine fed model which preceded the 795. Though most Marlin model 70 rifles shipped with 7 round magazines, some were shipped with high capacity magazines from the factory (Marlin 70HC). Marlin used to sell a Marlin branded high capacity magazine as an accessory. Several other companies have marketed a variety of different large capacity magazines for Marlin rifles as well.

The Marlin 60 is tube-fed.

The Marlin 70 is a previous magazine fed model which preceded the 795. Though most Marlin model 70 rifles shipped with 7 round magazines, some were shipped with high capacity magazines from the factory (Marlin 70HC). Marlin used to sell a Marlin branded high capacity magazine as an accessory. Several other companies have marketed a variety of different large capacity magazines for Marlin rifles as well.

ah yes. i forgot the model 70 ever exists. the model 60 is a gem. tube fed great rifle! will update my post thx

Quote...A check of New Hampshire gun permits revealed Connors does not have a license or a permit to carry a firearm in New Hampshire as she had told police.

They must have forgot about constitutional carry.
My very first thought.

Who remembers when all major roads into the state had the huge sign notifying all motorists of the MA gun laws? Any idea when they took them down? Serious question.

The Marlin Model 70 typically shipped with low capacity magazines. I own a 70P, which is the Papoose (takedown) model, that was factory equipped with a 7 round detachable magazine. The stock low capacity magazines for Marlin rifles are metal. Marlin offered a see-through plastic high capacity magazine as an accessory. (There are several other companies which have made aftermarket magazines for Marlin rifles, including large capacity magazines which are made of clear plastic) The model 70HC shipped from the factory with the high capacity magazine and is identified by model designation on the large capacity roster.

The article reports that she had a clear plastic magazine loaded with 11 rounds. If that is accurate, then it reads to me like the rifle should be considered a large capacity weapon based on copossession of a large capacity ammunition feeding device in conjunction with the rifle, even if it was originally shipped with a non-large capacity feeding device. There is no exemption which allows an individual to possess a large capacity weapon or feeding device without an LTC.
You are correct on all points.

More confusion below wrt what gun it might have been. I read this thread but not the article so if there was a picture I didn't see it.

The fentanyl is more deadly than the rife. Mandatory death sentence for the buyer by choice, and seller not by choice!
Domestic terrorism charges should be imposed on all sellers of fentanyl.

She might be some sort of vile, crazed crack whore, who subscribes to maplethorpe.com (if such a thing exists, just so you know how your tax dollars are not well spent), and might have been a success bending over the wood stove in Cork, or bending over anything, but a Marlin Model 70??????? I give her a pass for having a papoose, or any other .22 rifle as her main gat to defend her turf. Get out of jail free!

And, for the record, if I had a nip or 2, or 7, I'd find her quite desirable!

A check of New Hampshire gun permits revealed Connors does not have a license or a permit to carry a firearm in New Hampshire as she had told police.

P&R licenses still exist, however the "permit to carry" in NH for the last year or so has been a shall-issue one known as "a pulse".

I'd love to know if she said "I have a license to carry it's just not here right now..." or something like a yes when asked if she CAN carry in NH.

Back
Top Bottom