NH woman arrested for having gun in car with child - More info and GoFundMe Link

The TLDR is that a single mother was arrested for having a handgun in the glove compartment next to a minor. She was abused by her ex in the past and has a gun for protection (from the ex and well because Manchganistan).

But she pissed off "the law" because an officer in an unmarked cruiser tried to get her to pull over without using his lights. I wouldn't pull over for someone waving at me, I can only imagine the fear she initially felt.

She was arrested and charged with Child Endangerment. As a result of the arrest she was fired from her job.

Here is the statute she was charged under.

I. A person is guilty of endangering the welfare of a child or incompetent if he knowingly endangers the welfare of a child under 18 years of age or of an incompetent person by purposely violating a duty of care, protection or support he owes to such child or incompetent, or by inducing such child or incompetent to engage in conduct that endangers his health or safety.

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/LXII/639/639-3.htm

Rick Olson, a prominent member of the NH firearms community has created a fundraiser so she can hire an attorney. This is already at 60% can NES get it to 100%?

https://gogetfunding.com/dont-let-this-injustice-stand/

On Monday, it was reported that a Manchester woman was arrested for “endangering the welfare of a child” because she had a loaded firearm in the glove box and a child was sitting in the front seat of her vehicle. 31-year-old Alycia Neely was pulled over for failing to use a turn signal and the story gets a little strange from there.

According to WHDH, Neely told the officer her registration was “in the glove box next to her handgun” and

Officers found a loaded .380 handgun inside the glove box. Police say it was not secured in a holster and was within reach of the seven-year-old front seat passenger.

New Hampshire Law

There is no law requiring anyone holster a loaded firearm in their glove box or lock it if a minor child is in the front seat of the vehicle. There is no law in the State of New Hampshire that says a person cannot have a firearm within a certain distance of a child.

Political Buzz decided to reach out to Ms. Neely and get her side of the story since other media outlets only painted a portrait of what they were told by the Manchester Police Department. The story is hardly what has been put out there and should make anyone question the behavior of the police officer and the violation of the rights of a law-abiding citizen.

According to Neely, she was following another cheer coach to a meet when she lost sight of the vehicle. She was putting the address into her GPS (not hand held but on the dash) when a man pulled up next to her, rolled down his window and asked her what she was doing.

Neely thought the man was someone trying to harass her so she didn’t engage and kept going on her way because she had kids in the car. The man was driving an unmarked vehicle and happened to be Officer Andre Smith of the Manchester Police Department.

This is a bit ironic after two cases of young women being pulled over in Rochester by men claiming to be police officers, Londondery News reported police advising to “slow down, tap on the brakes or turn on blinkers to signal to the officer and drive to a place where you feel comfortable, or if close enough you can continue to drive to the nearest police station parking lot. At the same time if you have a cell phone with you, do contact the police department themselves. Call 911 to find out if you are being legitimately pulled over.”

After Neely ignored the man’s question, he continued driving next to her and demanded she pull over. That’s when she realized he was a police officer and not just some random jerk.

Neely was driving in the right-hand lane on her way to I-293 when she was pulled over. Officer Smith was to her left. When Smith asked her for her license and registration, Neely told the officer that her registration was in her glove box next to her handgun.

Another officer showed up and took the firearm from her glove box. Neely was told they were running the serial number on the firearm. She was waiting for almost 15 minutes while they did this and then told her she was under arrest

What about her rights?

Not only was Neely not read her rights but she begged Smith to wait to handcuff her until another adult came to pick up the children. Officer Smith refused. The officers also spoke to the children without her consent, claiming they were “victims.”

Neely was told that she “endangered” the kids because she had a loaded firearm in close proximity to one of them.

Neely was released on her own personal recognizance and is due in court on November 28th. She was told by the Manchester Police Department that she wasn’t allowed to get a copy of the police report and had to send her attorney to retrieve it.

Again, there is no law that states where a firearm can be in relation to a child. People take their children to the range all the time. Neely’s children have been taught firearm safety. Neely herself is trained in firearms.

http://nhpoliticalbuzz.org/was-manchester-mom-wrongfully-arrested-for-daring-to-protect-her-family/

Last edited:
The other thread doesn't have the GoGetFunding link. Maybe keep this thread and re-title it so it doesn't keep getting "dupe" posts.

Regardless of how this chick looks in her arrest pics she is going to need some help.

If all the info posted is accurate it was a bad arrest. She pissed off a cop in an unmarked and was smart not to reach into her glove box to get her registration or she might have ended up shot. It will probably get tossed out but she will be stuck with a bunch of bills and problems because of it.
I'm in for a few bucks.

Another sob story that we need more facts about to draw proper, informed conclusions. Some of you neanderthals are easy marks for such stories, just because gunz. It works both way ways, hotshots.

The original story didn't have as much info as this one does- especially about her history of dealing with DV and the unmarked no light car intially trying to stop her.

I agree her charge is more "contempt of cop"- though an unidentified cop.

This is messed up, the article makes a compelling case the cop went overboard and the supposed crime doesn't fit the laws. Can't the DA decline to press charges? They'd be smart to. If so, I think the former employer better prepare for a lawsuit.

Another sob story that we need more facts about to draw proper, informed conclusions. Some of you neanderthals are easy marks for such stories, just because gunz. It works both way ways, hotshots.
I guess we know your screen name now Officer Andre Smith, you are quite the douche aren't you?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Little hostile from the start here don't you think? We're all neanderthals and hotshots because...why?

Donated. Many police officers in NH seem to be good folks who understand their role in society, but there are some of them who are *******s.

I hate *******s in uniform.

Clearly she doesn’t deserve to have children, a drivers license or a dog (it must be a pit bull)

for not immediately pulling over for an unmarked. They are extra special.

a failure to stop for an officer would have sufficed.

I just saw an article in the last day or so about some asshat pulling over women using a 'fake' cop car....I think it was in the same area. The article was warning people NOT to stop for an UNMARKED police car. I hope her atty. has seen this and uses it to his/her advantage.

I've told my wife and kid to not ever pull over for an unmarked.
Head right to the nearest PD or fire station.
If they want to follow you there , then they are legit.
There is absolutely no need whatsoever to be using unmarked for routine traffic stuff.

Sounds like we have another Detective Nurse harasser.
Hope it works out the same for him.
Pretty sure you can't just make up laws on the side of the road, Well maybe in Ma., but I think it's not going to fly in NH.

There is absolutely no need whatsoever to be using unmarked for routine traffic stuff.

Pretty sure you can't just make up laws on the side of the road, Well maybe in Ma., but I think it's not going to fly in NH.

I sure hope not. Otherwise where will we escape to?

What the hell is wrong with your cops? Single woman with kid in the car, unmarked car? There were 2 shootings within a mile of my station last night, you think I'm stopping for an unmarked in downtown New Orleans? Yeah, buddy.

Now, carrying a pistol in the glove compartment without a holster is just plain stupid. Hit the brakes hard enough (or accident) and something gets into the trigger guard and you are talking a recipe for disaster.

These statements are based on what I read and I withhold the option to edit or wholesale change my opinion at a later date.

Personally, I'd use a holster and keep it within arms reach...

Now, carrying a pistol in the glove compartment without a holster is just plain stupid. Hit the brakes hard enough (or accident) and something gets into the trigger guard and you are talking a recipe for disaster.
In her defense, followup article stated her gun was a semi-auto, no round in the chamber, safety on.

She won't get convicted, but that doesn't make up for being handcuffed at the side of the road, losing her job, etc.

Can you cite a single instance anywhere ever in which a firearm stored in a glovebox discharged after an accident or someone braking hard or anything similar?

In her defense, followup article stated her gun was a semi-auto, no round in the chamber, safety on.

She won't get convicted, but that doesn't make up for being handcuffed at the side of the road, losing her job, etc.

Irrelevant. Either she can or cannot legally own a firearm. If she can, absent the child literally playing with it, the charges were always bullshit. There is NOTHING in NH law that prohibits anything she is even accused of.

It won't be an expensive lesson. The term "lesson" implies MPD will actually learn from it.

Should read: "...gonna be a slightly tighter MPD budget in the fiscal year following settlement."

Last edited:
I just saw an article in the last day or so about some asshat pulling over women using a 'fake' cop car....I think it was in the same area. The article was warning people NOT to stop for an UNMARKED police car. I hope her atty. has seen this and uses it to his/her advantage.

Her attorney is one of the best in NH regarding gun Rights... thanks to the donations made.

Sounds like a BS charge, but why the F would you keep a gun in the same compartment as documents you will have to hand to a cop? Clip the registration to your visor.

By the way, does this mean if I am wearing a sidearm, I can't legally hug my kids because the gun would be "in reach" of a child?

Last edited:
Sounds like a BS charge, but why the F would you keep a gun in the same compartment as documents you will have to hand to a cop? Clip the registration to your visor.

By the way, does this mean if I am wearing a sidearm, I can't legally hug my kids because the gun would be "in reach" of a child?

Answer to your first part - it isn't illegal to be dumb, and if you're not planning on getting pulled over, it's a good storage spot. (yes, my registration is on the visor, so the cop can't "notice" something in my glove box)

This thread answered your second question already. If it's holstered, it's fine to be near a kid, since kids can't operate holsters. If you Mexican carry, then you're putting the kid in danger by hugging - unless you keister carry, then there's no hope for you.

This does prove once again that cops are thugs looking to validate their existence. Still waiting for the dreamy Manchester dipsh!ts to explain this crap. Just another day for those bozos.

Back
Top Bottom