• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH Voters: Dr. Levenson for Congeress 2nd District.(beware)

Bt74

NES Member
Stewart Levenson is running a campaign for Congress, against Fat Annie Kuster, the douchebag. He runs ads claiming to be pro 2a, poses with a shotgun etc, says all the "right" pro 2a phrases, BUT, He has stated publicly " he is pro-Second Amendment but is open to the possibility of additional restrictions on gun ownership." (WMUR) Hmmmmm, sound like Mittens Romney and Scott Brown? I questioned this on his FB page, and was promptly blocked! Just a heads up.

Just watched the FB vid, ok, he has got a OU, in a wooded (non water) area, with a bird dog, a duck flies up from off the ground, he quickly loads 1 shell and closes it, takes way to long sighting/following it , and finally pulls the trigger. Of course this was staged. But come on, a duck in the woods? So he is hunting with an unloaded gun?

There needs to be more info and nra rating on this guy. Bill Clinton posed for a picture in hunting apparel and a shotgun.

NHFC gives him a C.

Justin ODonnell gets an A based on the survey.

I was thinking Negron, but he didn’t answer NHFCs survey.

Granite Grok is following this race closely and it is one of the few races in which they have endorsed a candidate, Steve Negron.

They also have write ups on other candidates in this and other races.

GraniteGrok

This website is the inside baseball on NH politics bar none.

Keep searching on Negron, he earned a very poor rating from NHFC from an email they sent me, I been meaning to contact NHFC and ask why?
Negron didn’t answer their survey, hence poor grade.

ODonnell gets an A based on survey response but no voting record to back it up, so it could be smoke.

Granite Grok is following this race closely and it is one of the few races in which they have endorsed a candidate, Steve Negron.

They also have write ups on other candidates in this and other races.

GraniteGrok

This website is the inside baseball on NH politics bar none.
Interesting that Grok trashes Andy Sanborn, as well (bottom of the 10 paragraph on Bob Burns) and advocates for Negron.

Negron didn't answer the survey. Negron's voting record Is exactly like JR Hoel's voting record in regards to 2A, and JR is the secretary for NHFC. I know Steve personally and professionally. I help him out from time to time with security clearance issues (we both have the same DSS rep). He was my son's scout master when he first crossed over, and I was one of his assistants until he stepped down (both of his boys were out of the program by then). He is worth your time. He is very pro-2A.

If I had to vote today, Bleckenbeker/Burns toss up, followed by the other, Negron in third. Concerned that he will not fill out a survey. IMHO, not a good sign when running for higher office.

NHFC restored Burns' rating to "A*S", and Alan Rice emailed: "Mr. Burns has expounded his position and we are comfortable that he does not support gun confiscation.But rather, he used a poor choice of words to describe his position. Mr. Burns lost a family member to violence, and he, probably more than others, understands that it is not the tool that is being abused but rather the criminal who abused the tool who needs to be controlled. After several emails and phone conversations, I am comfortable restoring Mr. Burns' grade of A*S."

FWIW, regarding Guns, Burns is the clear winner. Regarding Blankenbecker, she has a slight advantage in CD2 in the general, and the general is the election where we need to beat Kuster and return Kuster to private employment back home.

As Burns said in a joke. "He likes Kuster so much, he wants to bring her back home".... ;)

This is what makes this vote hard. The best gun vote or the best chance at winning the general. For me it is a toss up. If Bob was not so good on firearms, Lynne would win hands down.

I listened to that, the key word was when he said, "absolutely" , was the icing on the cake.
I think his words were, "Absolutely, we should have that discussion" (or something similar.

Sure: talk about it all you want, just don't support it or pass it.

I still haven't picked a candidate, but Burns and LB look like the finalists. I don't care for strategic voting, but strategically speaking, a woman veteran to replace another woman probably has a better shot.

FWIW, regarding Guns, Burns is the clear winner. Regarding Blankenbecker, she has a slight advantage in CD2 in the general, and the general is the election where we need to beat Kuster and return Kuster to private employment back home.

As Burns said in a joke. "He likes Kuster so much, he wants to bring her back home".... ;)

This is what makes this vote hard. The best gun vote or the best chance at winning the general. For me it is a toss up. If Bob was not so good on firearms, Lynne would win hands down.

Lynne has a D grade from NHFC same as Annie. Your endorsement (even as second choice) is surprising.

Please note who signed the letter and then look at the donation record. Two of the three of those are/were lobbyists working for companies against the rights of the gun owners.

Attachments

• Clegg donates to MFC.JPG
    Clegg donates to MFC.JPG
    130.4 KB · Views: 11
I just spend six days at the Lancaster Fair working the Coös County Republican booth (Upper Grafton was right beside us). Negron, Levenson, and Blankenbeker all attended.

Lynne spent the most time, and was by far the most personable and willing to talk with voters, instead of just speechifying at them.

Levenson stopped at Village Gun Store in Whitefield on his way up and bought an M-1 Garand (not his first purchase there), and his campaign (manager?) bought a revolver as well. He's bought a gun of some kind every time he stops there, so that's a plus. Problem is, he's dry as wheat toast. On issues, he comes across as a policy wonk.

I missed Negron, but he didn't impress my friends. Their concern was that if he's the nominee, Kuster will look like an abused victim the first time he responds strongly.

Consensus up here is that Lynne will tear Annie apart in a debate, but can't be accused of sexism just because she wins.

I watched the WMUR debate last night (streaming) and think Burns was the most articulate across the board and had the best answer on 2A. Blankenbecker said the only change she'd make to existing gun laws is national reciprocity. Although that would be a large step in the right direction the answer was not that strong.

Although I understand the woman on woman strategy I didn't see LB as a strong debate performer.

As a side note, I had to search for the full debate video and it was around the 15th result. WMUR should have all the debates prominently linked on their home page.

Back
Top Bottom