• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH Two Bird Units

Anyone else astounded at the amount of pressure the southern NH units are seeing this year? I have 2 flocks I watch with not a single male (jake or tom) left, and one that's cruising around with a single jake. Normally, these birds are huntable into the middle of the month.

I have a few "off the beaten path" spots I reserve for later in the season, but I'll be heading to them sooner than usual I guess.

Anyone else astounded at the amount of pressure the southern NH units are seeing this year? I have 2 flocks I watch with not a single male (jake or tom) left, and one that's cruising around with a single jake. Normally, these birds are huntable into the middle of the month.

I have a few "off the beaten path" spots I reserve for later in the season, but I'll be heading to them sooner than usual I guess.
Any luck for you? Birds in mass are still in the mood.....this morning I took the dogs for a walk and heard lots of gobbling and yelping.

Any luck for you? Birds in mass are still in the mood.....this morning I took the dogs for a walk and heard lots of gobbling and yelping.
I had gotten one opening day. 9" beard and 15/16" spurs. Thought he was going to go 19-20lbs looking at him down the barrel, but only weighed in at 15lbs. Either way, the breast meat, thighs, and legs will all be good eating.

Haven't been out hunting myself much since then. My best friend finally took hunter safety and got a license this year, so I promised to put him on a bird. He ended up getting one Sunday, and my wife and I are in Key West until next thursday. I'm hoping that by the time we get back, the hens will be on eggs and the toms will be eager to respond to calls, thinking they are late hens to breed.

I had gotten one opening day. 9" beard and 15/16" spurs. Thought he was going to go 19-20lbs looking at him down the barrel, but only weighed in at 15lbs. Either way, the breast meat, thighs, and legs will all be good eating.

Haven't been out hunting myself much since then. My best friend finally took hunter safety and got a license this year, so I promised to put him on a bird. He ended up getting one Sunday, and my wife and I are in Key West until next thursday. I'm hoping that by the time we get back, the hens will be on eggs and the toms will be eager to respond to calls, thinking they are late hens to breed.
I struck out today. Saw 3 separate flocks but couldn't budge em. Just one of those days

Back
Top Bottom