• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH: The Senator Woodburn semi-auto ban…

The Woodburn semi-auto ban…
by NHFC, Inc. on January 3, 2018

Back in October we told you that certain anti-gun legislators were working overtime to ban semi-autos under the guise of banning so called “bump stocks” and other benign firearms accessories. Senator Woodburn (D-1) kept that promise and has introduced SB 492. We have reviewed SB 492 and it is every bit as anti-gun as we predicted. SB 492 has been co-sponsored by some of the most aggressive anti-gun activists to ever walk the halls of the statehouse and defeating it is a top priority of the NHFC Board and our partners at Gun Owners of America.

As written, SB 492 will ban the manufacture, sale, ownership and use of:
” A manual or power-driven trigger activating device constructed and designed so that when attached to a semiautomatic firearm it increases the rate of fire of that firearm.“

So what is this? Well, first of all you need to know that a semi-automatic firearm only fires one cartridge for a single pull of the trigger. The trigger must be released and pressed again to discharge another cartridge. Unlike machineguns, semi-automatic firearms do NOT have a stated cyclic rate. That is, they do not have a rounds per minute specification. The speed with which a so called “bump stock” equipped firearm can be fired will differ between different shooters who have different skill levels. This is precisely because the firearm is only discharging one cartridge per single pull of the trigger. This is the textbook definition of a SEMI-automatic. These firearms hating legislators are focusing on banning something, anything, especially in an election year. We are counting on you, the grassroots gun owner to help us stop them!

[more]

Not going to pass, but I think we all can see the writing on the wall with autoloaders/semi automatic legality in the United States in the future.

I think the target is going to be semi auto centerfire rifles. Pistols not so much, but AR's, AK's, Mini-14's, and so on are in the crosshairs and I hope that the ATF does not try to assume the authority to change the legal definition of semi auto. Congress we know won't, so long as Republicans control the house.

How does this $#&*-tard, Constitution-hating Commie get elected in Free Hampshire?
It's really simple. Leftism is a disease. Diseases know no borders and as real estate is more affordable in NH vs. Suckachusetts, the infected carriers of that disease tend to move north and thus spread the disease. Now that they are in the nice new world of NH they go about making it like their old home town in MA by getting elected to local positions and leaching their way into other influence wielding positions. Sooner or later the Leftists will complete their take over or the good people of NH will fight back to retain the character of their state. Unfortunately, the latter solution appears to be unlikely.

Assuming that you comrades got your numbers, this POS needs to be run out of state and exposed for the treasonous demonrat that he is. If you don't stomp these rats out it emboldens the others. I don't know who voted for this thing to be elected, but may be a campaign to make sure that it doesn't get elected again is in order. Pols touching firearms regulation should be toxic that not one of them should touch.

It's Viewtaxonia. Plenty of cutie-pies From Away with bucks move there to look at the mountains. (Don't have bucks nor could credibly be described as a cutie-pie, but I'm moving there, too.)

It's Viewtaxonia. Plenty of cutie-pies From Away with bucks move there to look at the mountains. (Don't have bucks nor could credibly be described as a cutie-pie, but I'm moving there, too.)

:emoji_100:

That's vacation country, lots of rich liberal MA influence up there. It's a real shame too, I absolutely love it there.

I'm surprised nobody updated Sen. Woodburn.
This story could have a happy ending.

Yeah, and it'll probably get swept under the carpet, like with Ol' Grimace there. Charges didn't keep her out of office/have her removed.

So what happened to David Starr, from what little I could glean, he seemed okay?
Erin Hennessey just swept him out. Either one is better than Woodburn.
How do we shake out Edith Tucker?
Starr was okay, but he was more surprised by winning than Woodburn was at losing. Happy timing. Erin had been in the House for some time, and has much better experience.

John Greer came close to knocking out Tucker. She really needs to go.

I'm surprised nobody updated Sen. Woodburn.
This story could have a happy ending.

It’s always the ones who need their right infringed wo want to infringe on the rights of others.

I hear this wail from gun confiscation advocates all the time, “you could just kill anyone any time!!!11!” Which really means, “I would probably kill someone because I have too little self control and too many anger issues; therefore you would, and do, too.”

Back
Top Bottom