NH: States' rights bills aim to protect from sales tax, other states

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of this week's legislative proposal summaries in New Hampshire...read like partial declarations of independence from the other states.

"Prohibiting the state from entering into or enforcing agreements concerning sales tax collection with other states (HB114)"
"Protections against other states imposing the collection of sales taxes on NH businesses (HB698)"
- Home - New Hampshire Liberty Alliance

Of course, if we had full independence (http://NHexit.com), maybe we wouldn't have to deal with with bills like the following, from the collaborationist faction:

"Making the departments of transportation and safety share vehicle registration information with other states so those states can collect tolls here (SB240)"

You can find hearing dates and contact the relevant committees at the link below, though your opinion may not count much if you don't live here.

Bill Hearings for Week of 2019-02-04 - New Hampshire Liberty Alliance

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
"Protections against other states imposing the collection of sales taxes on NH businesses (HB698)"
I thought a law like this was already passed years ago in the wake of the Town Fair Tire case ???

N.H. governor to sign tax bill affecting Town Fair Tire

CONCORD, N.H. (June 4, 2009) — New Hampshire Gov. John Lynch plans to sign into law a bill recently approved by the state legislature aimed at protecting New Hampshire businesses from having to collect sales taxes on behalf of Massachusetts and other states.

The bill is a response to a legal battle in neighboring Massachusetts between Town Fair Tire Centers Inc. and the Massachusetts Department of Revenue which claims Town Fair's stores in New Hampshire should be collecting the Massachusetts 5-percent sales tax—known as a use tax—from customers identified as Massachusetts residents.

“New Hampshire has chosen not to have a sales tax and we will not allow other states to force New Hampshire businesses to collect their sales taxes,” Gov. Lynch said. “This legislation will protect our businesses and strengthen our state's economy. I am pleased to see this bill received strong legislative support and I look forward to signing it into law.”

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmmm I don't know... I did hear someone saying this bill is not needed or that protections already exist, but I don't know if that is the case.

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
hmmm I don't know... I did hear someone saying this bill is not needed or that protections already exist, but I don't know if that is the case.
Not necessary? Sure......Mass cant force retailers in NH to do anything.....period

But the STATE of NH telling mAss to go f*** itself tells these retailers that they do not need to concern themselves with baseless threats/intimidation from mAss bureaucrats and concerns about having to lawyer up

Top Bottom