1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

NH: States' rights bills aim to protect from sales tax, other states

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DadaOrwell, Feb 5, 2019.

1. DadaOrwell

DadaOrwell

Some of this week's legislative proposal summaries in New Hampshire...read like partial declarations of independence from the other states.

"Prohibiting the state from entering into or enforcing agreements concerning sales tax collection with other states (HB114)"
    "Protections against other states imposing the collection of sales taxes on NH businesses (HB698)"
    - Home - New Hampshire Liberty Alliance

Of course, if we had full independence (http://NHexit.com), maybe we wouldn't have to deal with with bills like the following, from the collaborationist faction:

"Making the departments of transportation and safety share vehicle registration information with other states so those states can collect tolls here (SB240)"

You can find hearing dates and contact the relevant committees at the link below, though your opinion may not count much if you don't live here.

Bill Hearings for Week of 2019-02-04 - New Hampshire Liberty Alliance

MachineHead likes this.

2. Zappa

Zappa Road Warrior NES Member

I thought a law like this was already passed years ago in the wake of the Town Fair Tire case ???

N.H. governor to sign tax bill affecting Town Fair Tire

bgoum likes this.
  3. DadaOrwell

DadaOrwell

hmmm I don't know... I did hear someone saying this bill is not needed or that protections already exist, but I don't know if that is the case.

4. jpk

jpk

Not necessary? Sure......Mass cant force retailers in NH to do anything.....period

But the STATE of NH telling mAss to go f*** itself tells these retailers that they do not need to concern themselves with baseless threats/intimidation from mAss bureaucrats and concerns about having to lawyer up

bgoum likes this.