• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH State Shoot Preliminary Day

lazypengu1n

NES Member
I did much better this year at the NH State Preliminary Day shoot.

Singled - 90
Handicap - 97 Tied for 1st - Had a shoot off and won
Doubles - 85

Really short 2nd year as I didn't get back into shooting with all the COVID stuff happening until the N. Leominster shoot where I shot a 100 in Singles.

Going back tomorrow for Handicap Championship. Hoping to do just as well as I did on Friday.

ShootOff.jpg

PreliminaryDayResults.jpg

One of these days, ill have to try one of these shoots .. just needs to get more consistent and comfortable with having to switch shooting from right to lefty due to a right eye issue..

I'm a member at Pelham if you ever want to go and shot a few rounds, PM me and we'll figure something out.

Thanks, I'm a member of PIONEER Valley, I shoot there 3 times a week. Maybe I wasn't clear, I've made the transition to lefty, but have never shot a registered shoot. I feel like I need to get my average up to be competitive..

Oh, my mistake. Where is Pioneer? Never heard of it. I think if you get into the high 80s and Low 90s is a good start. The Lewis groups scores together and divides them based on the number of entries and sometimes you get lucky and get a prize.

Thats kewl, I'm probably between 80-90 now.. at 16. Pioneer Valley Sportsman Club, we're located in West Springfield,MA. We shoot 10am on Sunday, 1pm Saturday and 5pm Wednesdays. We have a really good trap range.. Birds fly over a ravine... it can be an adventure.. shot 23, 24 yesterday, will probably shòot 4 rounds today, see if I can stay focused, ADHD Doesn't help...

Thanks, I'm getting there.. actually, not too bad considering I had to switch from being a right handed shooter to shooting lefty now since I developed a macular hole in my rt eye retina.. I may just stay a lefty for shooting trap even if my right eye gets better.. been shooting lefty about a month since surgery and about 2 months before surgery, hardest part is getting the body to react properly along with ... of course, staying focused :cool:

My nephew shot the match... shot two 25s in the morning, but the 20 and 22s didn't help his score!
He's looking forward to the rescheduled Mass State's in September.

Turbo: Just go. Enjoy the shoot.

I've spent may hours and $, all to not win, mostly because my kid is a better shot than I, and I was Chauffeur with Shotgun, and regret not a minute or cent. Awesome memories. Also, we won Parent and Kid two years (and I have NO problem riding on his coattails! [laugh]), and I claimed those trophies.

Couple pieces of advice:
Shoot one bird, not for a score. Just the bird. Repeat
Relax.
Play the Lewis

Back
Top Bottom