NH Senate Leadership is VERY anti-gun

All,
Please see the link below and alert others to what is going on.
design

https://www.nhfc-ontarget.org/2018/12/news/senate-leadership-up-to-no-good/

Latest News from NHFC
Senate leadership up to no good…
by NHFC, Inc. on December 14, 2018

I ‘ll be blunt: Things are going from bad to worse and I need your help.

The new anti-gun majority has begun to flex it’s muscles by naming committees. Historically, the Senate Judiciary Committee has had jurisdiction over firearms related bills and the new anti-gun majority has placed some of the most extreme anti-gun Senators in charge of that committee.

Anti-gun ideologue, Senator Martha Hennessey was named Chairman. In the previous legislative session Senator Hennessey sponsored a amendment to SB 357 that would have made our schools criminal safe, gun free killing fields. Senator Shannon Chandley, who campaigned for office on a gun control platform has been named Vice Chairman. Senator Melanie Levesque is also a member of the Judiciary Committee. As a State Representative, Senator Levesque never saw an anti-gun bill she didn’t like. Sadly, the Committee also includes Senator Sharon Carson who led the fight to defeat HB 1313 which would have extended Constitutional Carry to snowmobiles and ATVs. Senator Carson is so close to the new anti-gun majority that she was the only Republican to be given a committee chairmanship; Senator Carson will now chair the Senate Executive Departments and Administration Committee. The final member of the Judiciary Committee is Senator Harold French who did an about face and voted to kill HB 1313 even though he was an original co-sponsor of snowmobile carry.

Here is what I need you to do. Please click here to send an email to Senators Hennessey, Chandley and Levesque and let them know you do not agree with their gun ban agenda and you will use every tool at your disposal to stop gun control. Then, please click here to send a separate email to Senators Carson and French and urge them to stand strong for the Second Amendment; just like their party platform says they should do.

Finally, it would help if you used this webpage to send an email to Govenor Sununu and let him know that you are deeply troubled by the makeup of the Senate Judiciary Committee and that you are counting on him to veto any gun control bill. Please remind Governor Sununu that he is the last line of defense against New Hampshire becoming just another anti-gun Northeastern state.

PRE WRITTEN NOTE TO GOVERNOR SUNUNU:

Dear Governor,

I am counting on you to be the last line of defense against gun control. The New Hampshire Firearms Coalition told me that the Senate Judiciary Committee is packed with anti-gun ideologues and we need to do everything we can to halt their anti-gun agenda. New Hampshire is consistently ranked on of the safest places on earth. We don’t need any more gun laws. I hope you will veto any gun control bill that reaches your desk.

Thank you!

Please remember to be polite but firm when you contact these elected officials.

Thanks for your support!

In liberty,

Alan M. Rice
President – NHFC, Inc.
Our rights are at ris

Last edited:
Done, and I'll be calling his office on Monday to see if I can meet with him in person. Just 15 minutes to express my concerns. I may be a nobody but it shows that there are people out there willing to go beyond just an email and call. I highly recommend meeting face to face with you Rep and Senator, and the Governor. Put a face to the voters. Even if they are the opposition, they need to see that their elected position can and will be taken from them.

Then we'll expect you to show up at senate/house bill hearings this year
Been there, done that. Meet with my Reps as well. Deep down I know, when I'm speaking, they could give a rats azz what I'm saying. I must be insane because for over 40 years of doing that, and over thousands of dollars in donations, I keep doing it expecting a different result.

Put your House, Senate members cell phones on your speed dial list and call them often. Have the main line to the governor on speed dial as well.

Initial post updated, the links were not working, so I have updated. Please let me know if you have issues with the emails.

Trouble is, MORE people DID vote the other way than you, and THEY are starting to do the shaming.

So then what?

Back
Top Bottom