• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH Senate Judiciary CMTE, Votes to kill two good gun bills, and may kill Con Carry

updates...

From the inside,
HB334 is dead, therefore: you may not carry on campus, you may not protect yourself, you will need to leave any tool you carry in your car off campus to be stolen by perps, you may walk the extra distance to campus or you may check your firearm with campus security and make sure your life insurance is paid in full. FWIW there was a stabbing on one of the NH campuses on Saturday and a armed robbery on another. Gee these weapon policies work so well. Last time I looked criminals don't obey the laws...

HB194 is being considered but is unlikely to pass. If it does pass, it will likely be useless. Leave your long guns at home, because you can get arrested if you carry them loaded in your car. (arrested for what, a poaching statute???) RSA 207:7

HB536 is getting waterdown and passed. They want to add age restrictions, mental capability (Like the person walking around will have a judges order in their pocket???), and other junk.. The bill will be useless when they are done.

It seems the Senate is made up of invertebrates...

Call you senators and ask them to pass the bills as the bills were sent over from the house.

If you are interested in helping get these bills passed. send me a email at jrATjrhoell.com

We are looking at starting a PAC to help fund senate candidates who are willing to vote for good firearm legislation.

From the inside,
HB334 is dead, therefore: you may not carry on campus, you may not protect yourself, you will need to leave any tool you carry in your car off campus to be stolen by perps, you may walk the extra distance to campus or you may check your firearm with campus security and make sure your life insurance is paid in full. FWIW there was a stabbing on one of the NH campuses on Saturday and a armed robbery on another. Gee these weapon policies work so well. Last time I looked criminals don't obey the laws...

HB194 is being considered but is unlikely to pass. If it does pass, it will likely be useless. Leave your long guns at home, because you can get arrested if you carry them loaded in your car. (arrested for what, a poaching statute???) RSA 207:7

HB536 is getting waterdown and passed. They want to add age restrictions, mental capability (Like the person walking around will have a judges order in their pocket???), and other junk.. The bill will be useless when they are done.

Call you senators and ask them to pass the bills as the bills were sent over from the house.

If you are interested in helping get these bills passed. send me a email at jrATjrhoell.com

We are looking at starting a PAC to help fund senate candidates who are willing to vote for good firearm legislation.

At least the issue HB334 would have addressed is in the court system now.

From the inside,

I never heard anything back from any member of the judiciary committee or any of my reps that I sent letters. Since when did the NH .gov turn into the federal .gov? Too many people with big heads that think if they appease everyone they'll be the next governor or senator...

Any of my reps that votes against these bills will be considered useless and my donations and voting will reflect such.

NH Senate votes to kill all remaining gun bills, less HB536

According to this weeks calendar:

http://gencourt.state.nh.us/scaljourns/calendars/2012/sc 6.pdf

The Senate is going to kill all of the other gun bills.
While that makes sense for the ones where either the language has already been passed: for example: HB210, or there is another bill in play: HB330, this does not make sense for HB194 or HB334:

This is what happens where there is a Democrat as the Chair of the CMTE...

Call your Senators to ask them to support HB194, HB334, HB536 as passed by the house!

-Design
---
JUDICIARY
HB 145, permitting the audio and video recording of a law enforcement officer while in the course of his or
her official duties.
Ought to Pass with Amendment, Vote 2-1.
Senator Groen for the committee.
HB 194, relative to the prohibition on having or carrying a loaded crossbow, rifle, or shotgun in or on a vehicle.
Interim Study, Vote 4-0.
Senator Carson for the committee.

HB 210-FN, relative to the use of deadly force to protect oneself.
Interim Study, Vote 4-0.
HB 225-FN, relative to the return of personal property confiscated by law enforcement agencies from a person
charged with a crime.
HB 330-FN, relative to carrying firearms.
Interim Study, Vote 4-0.
Senator Luther for the committee.
HB 334, relative to the state’s authority to prohibit or regulate firearms, firearms components, ammunition,
firearms supplies, and knives.
Interim Study, Vote 4-0.
Senator Houde for the committee.

HB 378-FN, inserting an exception to the criminal threatening statute, relative to the minimum mandatory
sentence for a felony conviction involving the possession, use, or attempted use of a firearm, and relative to
the definition of “non-deadly” force.
Interim Study, Vote 4-0.

And the response from the NRA is....

Representative Hoell

The official position of the National Rifle Association on two of these pending bills is well-known to our membership and the New Hampshire General Court. In fact, these positions are even posted online:‬
‪ ‬
‪HB 334:
www.nraila.org/legislation/state-le...n-passes-in-state-house.aspx?s=&st=10493&ps=‬
‪ ‬
‪HB 536:
www.nraila.org/legislation/state-le...slation-needs-your-help.aspx?s=&st=10493&ps=‬
‪ ‬
HB 194: Neutral Position
NRA has taken a neutral position on this legislation because of "hunter safety" implications.
‪ ‬
We do not urge our members to take action on legislation for which we take no position. Also for future reference, the NRA communicates position statements on legislation directly to your colleagues as well as our membership.

Yet all of the state Gun groups have been fighting to get HB194 (repeal RSA 207:7) passed in the state. If you are target shooting in your back yard from the bed of your pickup, you are in violation of this statute, If you travel home from the range and leave your loaded magazine in your AR-15, (no round in chamber even) you have violated this statute.
-Design

wtf, vote these pricks out, this crap is ridiculous, where is the outrage? I've called and e-mailed everyone involved in that committee and all my reps and had NO response from any of them. This crap is ridiculous.

All gun bills die in the Seante except one, HB536

Today the Senate voted to kill all remaining gun bills in their chamber other than Con Carry. If this bothers you, it may be worth a phone call.
They want to water down Constitutional Carry by amending it to be a "catch and release" type system. That way they have a reason to let the police check you out.
For me, I'm not found of a "papers please" type government.

-Disappointed

Today the Senate voted to kill all remaining gun bills in their chamber other than Con Carry. If this bothers you, it may be worth a phone call.
They want to water down Constitutional Carry by amending it to be a "catch and release" type system. That way they have a reason to let the police check you out.
For me, I'm not found of a "papers please" type government.

-Disappointed

Do you know what the catch and release language is that they are proposing?

According to this weeks calendar:

http://gencourt.state.nh.us/scaljourns/calendars/2012/sc 6.pdf

The Senate is going to kill all of the other gun bills.
While that makes sense for the ones where either the language has already been passed: for example: HB210, or there is another bill in play: HB330, this does not make sense for HB194 or HB334:

This is what happens where there is a Democrat as the Chair of the CMTE...

Call your Senators to ask them to support HB194, HB334, HB536 as passed by the house!

-Design
---
JUDICIARY
HB 145, permitting the audio and video recording of a law enforcement officer while in the course of his or
her official duties.
HB 194, relative to the prohibition on having or carrying a loaded crossbow, rifle, or shotgun in or on a vehicle.
Interim Study, Vote 4-0.
Senator Carson for the committee.

HB 210-FN, relative to the use of deadly force to protect oneself.
Interim Study, Vote 4-0.
HB 225-FN, relative to the return of personal property confiscated by law enforcement agencies from a person
charged with a crime.
HB 330-FN, relative to carrying firearms.
Interim Study, Vote 4-0.
Senator Luther for the committee.
HB 334, relative to the state’s authority to prohibit or regulate firearms, firearms components, ammunition,
firearms supplies, and knives.
Interim Study, Vote 4-0.

HB 378-FN, inserting an exception to the criminal threatening statute, relative to the minimum mandatory
sentence for a felony conviction involving the possession, use, or attempted use of a firearm, and relative to
the definition of “non-deadly” force.
Interim Study, Vote 4-0.

Not to sound dumb and I am sure I will get atleast one "if you have to ask that you have no business bothering with polotics" remark, but what does 4-0 interim study mean?

It means our "reps" are crashing and burning the bill, aka killing it.

Yep. Interim study means that they can claim they didn't vote against it, but wanted to study the issue further... but there is no timetable or process set up to actually study an issue... so the bills expire at the end of the current session...

Interim Study (IS) means that they want the bill to die quietly with no record of their cowardliness.
The current plan is to add sufficient clauses to HB536, (Age, Citizenship, etc.) that the police will have sufficient justification to detain you if you print.
They want age restrictions giving the LEOs a chance to ask for a drivers license to run a background check.

They want to create a "catch and release" system for those that carry without a license.

-Not happy!!!

Back
Top Bottom