NH SB677/HB1660 'Eldercare Gun Confiscation"

The AP is reporting that SB677 has the Governors support:
-----
by KATHY MCCORMACK, Associated PressWednesday, January 29th 2020

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — A New Hampshire lawmaker submitted a revised bill Tuesday aimed at protecting vulnerable adults from abuse, exploitation and neglect, but opponents expressed concern that it still infringes on the Second Amendment rights of those who are accused.
The Legislature passed a bill last year creating a new type of protective order to allow victims to stop such abuse while a criminal case goes forward. But Republican Gov. Chris Sununu vetoed it over concerns that protections available to domestic violence victims would be reduced.
He said that some victims might apply for the new order instead of the existing domestic violence restraining order, which includes additional protections, such as awarding custody of children.

Sununu supports a bill sponsored this year by Sen. Jeb Bradley, a Republican from Wolfeboro, that clarifies the new protective order isn't intended for people in a relationship who are victims of domestic violence.

Bradley, testifying at a hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee, described the bill as a broader “immediate enforcement mechanism" to come to the aid of someone who, for example, is disabled, neglected, physically abused or financially exploited.
The bill has the support of groups like the New Hampshire Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence, which had proposed the language last year. A similar version is in the House.
The new bill also removes a provision from the vetoed one that would have allowed police to confiscate guns and other deadly weapons from those accused of abuse, exploitation or neglect. An amendment offered by Bradley includes an acknowledgement from victims that they may be prevented from getting additional safety protections, “including the right to ask the court to order the defendant to hand over their firearms or deadly weapons."

Gun rights representatives said that provision doesn't go far enough to protect the accused and violates the federal and state constitutions.
JR Hoell of the New Hampshire Firearms Coalition said the bill would allow the seizure of someone's personal property [firearms] without a crime being a committed, a criminal investigation, or a trial.
'"I do not see how the amendment solves the issue," he said.

Most people who testified at the hearing supported the bill.
Ryan Donnelly, of Granite State Independent Living, has a disability. He said he values his independence but relies on others for his personal day-to-day care. He was once abused by a caregiver, he said. His case has been resolved, but he wishes that more could have been done earlier.
He said the bill broadens the definition of abuse and will help “to protect those individuals that cannot protect themselves."

------
All: We need to double down and stop these bills.

Time to start fighting back, like our forefathers did against the British. When the cops come to invade your home and confiscate firearms, shoot the pigs! Only solution! So what! I die but believe me I will kill a couple of the pigs before I go down. I am teaching my daughters headshots for a reason. Better get ready!

Another back door....Most of the scum that prey on the elderly don't need a gun to do their work. This could be a mess for two siblings who don't get along because of what is in their parent's will....

Time to start fighting back, like our forefathers did against the British. When the cops come to invade your home and confiscate firearms, shoot the pigs! Only solution! So what! I die but believe me I will kill a couple of the pigs before I go down. I am teaching my daughters headshots for a reason. Better get ready!
In that case, head shots with buckshot. Jack.

1. I thought we liked Sununununu.

2. This doesn't happen in Free New Hampster.

3. THIS FIGHT IS EVERYWHERE. (This is for you NH folks thinking all of your problems are MA-made.)

I'm beginning to sense the need for a fishing license here.

Phone calls to 603-271-2121 or maybe even the NHGOP at 603-225-9341 . This is being pushed by republicans.

how about if we just shoot them? that would send a distinct message!

As posted to the NHFC FB page:

under the guise of 'protecting elders' The bill does the following:
• Removes your right to face and cross examine your accuser regarding any alleged actions in a court room
• Removes the "beyond a reasonable doubt standard" and replaces it with “preponderance of the evidence”, a much lower burden of proof
• Removes your right to examine witnesses who have made claims against you
• Allows for Hearsay evidence to be used in court
• Eliminates traditional rules regarding evidence in a court hearing
• Eliminates your right to attend a hearing before a court order is issued and before your personal property is taken. i.e. you need to spend money to get your property and reputation back, [guilty until proven innocent]
• Removes the statute of limitations on when this 'abuse or neglect' occurred. For example, yelling at your father over Thanksgiving 10 years ago is now grounds for taking your firearms and other personal property
• Removes your right to an appeal in a higher court
• Attempts to stop a crime BEFORE it actually occurs. i.e thought police.
• Does away with a crime actually being committed first and allows for the meaning of Abuse to become a “showing” of an immediate and present danger of harsh words (nothing has happened yet) which could result in a protective order and a loss of your firearms.

All of this was in HB696 which was vetoed by the Governor, but they are bringing it back and it needs to be stopped.

Rumor is the committe will make a recommendation on this bill on Tuesday. I have no inside senate sources, this is through a member who works in the Capitol. We need to start calling the Senators on the committee and asking them to stop this.

In that case, head shots with buckshot. Jack.
Jack, my older daughter is also learning the vital points of the human body. A M193 ball that blows out the femur and severs the femerol artery will work against the bodybunker crowd. Put the round where it will do the most damage under the circumstances.

davidstarr.jpg

Republican Party logo
Republican

NH Senate District 01

phone icon
603-271-7875 (Statehouse)

phone icon
603-823-5319 (home)

We need to double down on our efforts to stop this bill. Call your Senator, call the Governor, or write a LTE about gun confiscation.

Back
Top Bottom