BILL KILLED 3/5/20 NH-SB469 "An Act relative to shooting ranges" (2020 Sen. Jeanne Dietsch range protection repeal bill)

Good luck, stay safe, and stay warm, guys!

@Boris Crutches?! Good luck. Those things suckkk. I have child sized crutches that the hospital gave me after they surgically repaired my hamstring a couple years ago. I used them again recently when I broke my foot running. Crutches will mess your body up.

pirate leg actually works pretty well but pain to take off/on often and you can't sit with it. The leg comes without pink pants.

rental-iwalk-crutch-400.jpg

Parking is indeed a nightmare, and there's not much consideration for one-legged folks.

@Boris, if you find an off-site parking spot along Loudon Road or somewhere near, I'd be honored to pick you up. I have that cherished Storrs Street legislative parking pass. I'll be arriving in Concord about 9. PM me here with your phone number, and we'll hook up.

anti-hunting, anti-gun agenda

About a month or so ago I parked at my local hiking spot's trail-head in my NY plated rental car and there was a guy in camo holding a muzzle loader that was about to head off into the woods. I signaled him to talk for a second and I could see him sigh and brace himself for what was surely going to be an anti-hunting, anti-gun rant. He was pleasantly surprised when I merely inquired about where he hunts and what precautions I should take while hiking there with my son and dog so we can all enjoy the woods without any issues. He made a big, positive impression on my son who keeps mentioning "the hunter" whenever we go hiking or hear distant gun shots.

Well, the progressive Sen. Dietsch pulled a switcheroo on everyone overnight. There were about 150 people massed outside the hearing room to find copies of an AMENDED version of the bill. The amendment deleted the entire bill including the name, and substituted "AN ACT establishing a commission to study shooting range best practices." It details the composition of a commission which will study "safety, noise-reduction, environmental stewardship, and community relations." The commission is required to file a report by September 30, 2020.

This change made my testimony regarding the original bill, and that of everyone else, moot for today. There is nothing in the process that prevents re-introducing the original bill as an amendment or a newly numbered bill at any point, so keep a sharp eye for any changes.

What I think she's doing is a tactic to wear us down by creating a number of false alarms which will push people to come to Concord for a day, until free time and energy run scarce so that they won't have enormous crowds of citizens opposed to the bill in the room.

Well, the progressive Sen. Dietsch pulled a switcheroo on everyone overnight. There were about 150 people massed outside the hearing room to find copies of an AMENDED version of the bill. The amendment deleted the entire bill including the name, and substituted "AN ACT establishing a commission to study shooting range best practices." It details the composition of a commission which will study "safety, noise-reduction, environmental stewardship, and community relations." The commission is required to file a report by September 30, 2020.

This change made my testimony regarding the original bill, and that of everyone else, moot for today. There is nothing in the process that prevents re-introducing the original bill as an amendment or a newly numbered bill at any point, so keep a sharp eye for any changes.

What I think she's doing is a tactic to wear us down by creating a number of false alarms which will push people to come to Concord for a day, until free time and energy run scarce so that they won't have enormous crowds of citizens opposed to the bill in the room.
That isn't some sort of rules violation?

Kudos to Sen's French and Carson for their support in opposing this bill/asking great questions/raising serious concerns about the bill

Sen Carson was very effective and raised great issues.

Its great to have her support after she sponsored HB696 Red Flag bill last year.
French is my senator and a good man. I'll be sure to email him personally and thank him.

A long time ago a member here did enough research to conclude the MA residents moving to NH were conservatives. The purpling of NH was found to be due to the anti-hunting, anti-gun agenda being taught through our school system. Which is why I used to remind people to de-program their kids by staying involved and asking what the teachers were discussing in class. If anyone isn't asking questions, you're not involved enough.

hallelujahthankyoujesus.gif

This lady is not stupid. She doesn't have any common sense, but like many of the over-educated "elite" she has a high IQ. She does subscribe to an evil organization, and is wholly devoted to her party.

I am quite angry that the committee did not move the hearing to a larger room and that I was prevented from witnessing the hearing. I will be writing to the committee chairman to make that point.

The new bill is not innocuous. I have both the original and the amended texts on my desk here. The amended bill has a provision to repeal RSA 159-B:9 as of September 30. This is confusing and may be a typo, as there is no part 9 in the existing RSA 159-B. Was this error discussed in the hearing? I will point out the error in my written testimony on the amendment. I would guess that she means to repeal all of the existing law as of September 30, which leaves clubs and ranges completely unprotected. As I see it, the amended bill is no less evil than the original. I will submit by mail my testimony on both the original bill and this amended one.

How does that expression go again......its "Hanlons Razor"

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Stupidity or malice, she will yank your chain until you relax your sphincter and boom, NH will turn Vermont 2.0. I speak this as a Vermonter.

well, this f***ing circus was a sad show of grown men and women, arguing that 2+2=4 from variety of perspectives. Then there was an amendment that challenged (2+2)*1 may not be 4 so we need a comittee to investigate. We had business people, club presidents and officers, attorneys, military and LEOs proving that 2+2=4 while that old sumka Diet-Schlong didn't even have the courtesy to even sit for a few hours to listen to 3 min testimonies. Half of the time she was out, the other half of the time she was surfing Bernie pr0n on her Mac.

Besides 2a, the bill sucks so badly that it would have catastrophic impact on NH, lawsuits galore, deeds, this would unleash all kinds of Khutulu-level mayham economically and legally.

I'm not good with names, but there were few arguments I liked:

Tall dude in a white dress shirt with short red beard, basically shaming the f***ers for wasting time and filing bullshit bills, which this one isn't the first. That actually resonated with little critters as you can see their little rat faces contort in displeasure. That's a good point, albeit emotional, like I said, Diet-Schlong will keep filing this nonsense like any other mental patient and you'll have to show up every time filing arguments, taking time off and enduring all kinds of hardship.

Short Jewish guy with thick glasses, for spelling out the white whale in the room, that this bill is gun control in a country where police has no duty to protect its citizens. Short and simple wins the day. Nobel peace prize goes to you!

And special props goes to the guy who "I don't quiet know how to say this ... live free or die!" ... well, that's basically it, you don't need to be a rocket scientist spending close to three hours proving that 2+2=4, that's the essence of this circus. I know it, he knows it, most people in the room know it.

Also the younger attorney guy, who spoke around 12:30 or so. A lot of the legal shit that he said probably went over people's heads, but he painted enough of a picture of upcoming legal clusterf*** for not just range owners, but every municipality that it felt like the death itself walked into the room. Death to coffers of every town.

On few other notes, it would be nice to have more people to double tag this hearing, because past noon people were leaving and trying to yield their time. So huge crowd initially dwindled. This should have been marathon with steady stream of people and plenty of discontents who didn't have their voice heard, because by 1 it seems like every one spoke. I get that people repeat the same arguments, but we are proving that 2+2=4, so it's a show, substance matters less than emotion and showmanship.

I think that there was a Sig rep who spoke, even an NRA lady. That was cool to see that little people are not completely abandoned.

Yeah, Concord parking was nuts. Two garages were full. I parked on a street, but no signs where the f*** you need to pay. Then I found a pay station a street over and it prints a piece of paper that you need to display on your windshield. By the time I walked back, the time probably expired. That sounds like NH goverment needs to downsize, lol, lets file a bill for that.

p.s. One of the last dudes to speak: "I just moved to NH a year ago to get away from this "garbage"" ... [rofl]I really wanted to crack a joke about "come back to MA to freedom: but he seemed genuinely pissed off. Good. A third grader could have written a better bill, with more thought, but here we are arguing with a bunch of people whose intelligence clearly devolved later in their lives, so "garbage" is perfectly succinct for this situation.

This lady is not stupid. She doesn't have any common sense, but like many of the over-educated "elite" she has a high IQ. She does subscribe to an evil organization, and is wholly devoted to her party.

I don't think that she is stupid, but I doubt high IQ. I've known a person (certified) in the top of the top range and I pity the poor bastards who have to live in our stupid world. I'm pretty dumb, but I won't make it in politics without daily medication from sheer insanity and boredom. From just a cursory research, she seems to float collecting accolades, being somewhat lucky but I'm not seeing a whole lot of substance in her intelligence.

When time comes, I think it's realistic to mount a challenge to her seat. She is making ammo against herself. Properly used and communicated, a good prospect can beat her. I hope that diabolical geniuses of NES can organize it. It's not that she is anti 2a, but she is a typical democrat, who are like flies: "they eat shit and bother people."

Thanks, I'll write the letter to Sen. Clark. I know it won't matter, but it helps to get on record.

A thought came to me: Sen. Dietsch is from Peterborough, and I think her real motivation with this bill is to stick a fork in Monadnock R&GC. So in fact she is using the institution of our state government for her personal benefit. According to Adam Schiff, this is an impeachable offense. I need to find some media outlets to send this one to.

A thought came to me: Sen. Dietsch is from Peterborough, and I think her real motivation with this bill is to stick a fork in Monadnock R&GC. So in fact she is using the institution of our state government for her personal benefit.
Yes, that's what it was always about. Affecting other ranges in the state was just a bonus.

Thanks to everyone who showed up today. I'm sorry I didn't get to meet many folks. I waited until the staffer made the standard "fire code" announcement, and Rep. John Burt made one simple statement: "Representative's Hall is open. I was just up there."

And then the staffer went on for two or three minutes chiding him to "Please respect the Senate's process and rules!" Over and over again, as if anyone was arguing with her. Apparently providing information is disrespectful to the Senate.

Tall guy in a white shirt with short red beard could have been @design.

I saw Dietsch come through the Hall of Flags, and she paused and her eyes got big when she saw the size of the crowd. I think even she wasn't expecting the turnout, so thanks again to everyone who showed up.

I didn't even try to get in. I'd rather unelected people be there to speak up. I went over to the LOB for the bill banning the state from using facial recognition technology (strong support for that), then the news conference and hearing legalizing home-grown recreational cannabis. I even made the UL for that (I didn't speak, but just showed up in support).

(White beard, for those of you who don't know me.)

Yes, that's what it was always about. Affecting other ranges in the state was just a bonus.

Thanks to everyone who showed up today. I'm sorry I didn't get to meet many folks. I waited until the staffer made the standard "fire code" announcement, and Rep. John Burt made one simple statement: "Representative's Hall is open. I was just up there."

And then the staffer went on for two or three minutes chiding him to "Please respect the Senate's process and rules!" Over and over again, as if anyone was arguing with her. Apparently providing information is disrespectful to the Senate.

Tall guy in a white shirt with short red beard could have been @design.

I saw Dietsch come through the Hall of Flags, and she paused and her eyes got big when she saw the size of the crowd. I think even she wasn't expecting the turnout, so thanks again to everyone who showed up.

I didn't even try to get in. I'd rather unelected people be there to speak up. I went over to the LOB for the bill banning the state from using facial recognition technology (strong support for that), then the news conference and hearing legalizing home-grown recreational cannabis. I even made the UL for that (I didn't speak, but just showed up in support).

(White beard, for those of you who don't know me.)

This time I was in a blue shirt giving out orange stickers...

This time I was in a blue shirt giving out orange stickers...
I got my orange sticker from someone else.

These are about a specific bill. I'd love to see the VCDL "Guns Save Lives!" stickers on everyone and everything. I'll try contacting PVC to see if we can get some from their source, since they buy them by the truckload.

I’ve been trying not to post.
“Move north” is all I’ve heard for years...

perhaps you should move to MA... we hold a nes machine gun shoot 5 times a year.

in MA money is freedom..... no homesteading though....state can’t let a country boy survive..

I’ll be filing a permit from root cellar this week1579849196494.png

I’ve been trying not to post.
“Move north” is all I’ve heard for years...

perhaps you should move to MA... we hold a nes machine gun shoot 5 times a year.

in MA money is freedom..... no homesteading though....state can’t let a country boy survive..

I’ll be filing a permit from root cellar this weekView attachment 326785

If this is all you have to offer, start a new thread blowing yourself about your MG collection.

Now that VCDL's stickers have national exposure, I'd like to see them become part of the 2A movement's brand. Having done several Lobby Days in Richmond, I can tell you the effect of seeing the vast majority of people in the hearing wearing stickers is powerful to both the legislators and the media.

🤷‍♂️were will all the criminals shoot there illegal firearms. Oohhhh wait they don't give a shit. The feds are just slowly destroying the second amendment.

In NH when the gun owners come to Concord and stand together The committees stop the bills. [Note needs approval by full Senate, but that is likely]
Senate cmte report yesterday on this bill is ITL....its not dead yet.....

Back
Top Bottom