NH road rage shooting

In the end if this goes to trial I'm sure he'll be found guilty and subjected Time served. Cuz that's what they (judge/prostitutor)
wanted from the beginning.

I went to a Skip Barber two day advanced driving class. All serious drivers, lot of track time, and some serious hardware: my WRX was the cheapest car there.

We probably spent an hour trying to work through how to deal with tailgaters. One guy suggested using your flashers: but to ricers that means “It’s on.” Another keeps his foot on the gas but brushes the brake pedal with his left foot at irregular intervals. I try to take a deep breath and pull over. There’s just no good way out when someone wants to be a dick.

We have BlackVue high res cameras front/rear in both cars.
Old post, sorry for commenting (though the more I read of this thread, I realize it is still open). I have a minivan, so when someone tailgates at highway speeds I put on my rear window wiper; it gets all over their windshield (because they are tailgating). That being said I increasingly avoid the left lane as that usually attracts the craziest drivers.

Last edited:
In the meantime there's no right to a speedy trial and his life has been ruined by the delay tactics of the state
We all drive and everyone has noticed how horribly aggressive and stupid people on roads have gotten in recent years. This story right here is an unfortunate cautionary tale for all of us who carry. Great reminder of how easy a momentary heated decision could hem somebody up for years. I know I had a quick fuse when it came to stupid idiots on the roads but I painstakingly make sure to avoid all this stuff completely now, as hard as it can be at times

They're not necessarily crazy until someone's camping out in the left lane

View attachment 514771
You say that, but I know one kid (who drives a BMW, of course) who seriously believes that the left hand land of the Southeast Expressway should be a passing lane only, even in bumper to bumper traffic. Most tailgaters are not doing it because someone is camping out in the left lane. They are doing it because they are sociopathic a**h***s who don't care about other people.

I had a few likes pop up from my last post in this thread years ago..

I just happen to drive 3+ hours home from NYC today. .......I have nothing further your honor.......

The only time in my entire life where I really gave a tailgater their comeuppance was maybe 15 years ago. Someone was tailgating me on the ramp from 93 South to 95 South, in Dedham, maybe? Anyway the ramp has a subtle double left curve. It's a sharpish curve to the right initially, followed by a left curve that jukes a little immediately before the 95 straightaway. If you look left there you will always see tire tracks in the mud where cars have spun out because they skid because they were going too fast, overcorrected, and went off the road. Anyway this asshat was tailgating me in the left lane (the offramp has two lanes) at speed, so I said, okay, let's see how good a driver you are. I sped up to maybe 60, when you should never do more than 45. Of course the asshat was still up my ass. While I made the turn, he did not, overcorrected, and went off the road left. Good times!!!

The only time in my entire life where I really gave a tailgater their comeuppance was maybe 15 years ago. Someone was tailgating me on the ramp from 93 South to 95 South, in Dedham, maybe? Anyway the ramp has a subtle double left curve. It's a sharpish curve to the right initially, followed by a left curve that jukes a little immediately before the 95 straightaway. If you look left there you will always see tire tracks in the mud where cars have spun out because they skid because they were going too fast, overcorrected, and went off the road. Anyway this asshat was tailgating me in the left lane (the offramp has two lanes) at speed, so I said, okay, let's see how good a driver you are. I sped up to maybe 60, when you should never do more than 45. Of course the asshat was still up my ass. While I made the turn, he did not, overcorrected, and went off the road left. Good times!!!

I'm hoping that means you aren't allowed to drive anywhere, for any reason, ever again. You was out looking for trouble, again and again, putting other people and their families in grave danger.

I'm hoping that means you aren't allowed to drive anywhere, for any reason, ever again. You was out looking for trouble, again and again, putting other people and their families in grave danger.
I didn't do anything, the guy tailgating me couldn't handle the speed he was driving at. Your friend, on the other hand, aggressively tailgated other people, then pulled in front of them, and jammed on his brakes, at least eight times in a relatively short period of time. Probably many more times. He has forfeited his privilege to drive again.

I didn't do anything, the guy tailgating me couldn't handle the speed he was driving at. Your friend, on the other hand, aggressively tailgated other people, then pulled in front of them, and jammed on his brakes, at least eight times in a relatively short period of time. Probably many more times. He has forfeited his privilege to drive again.
You know that to the same degree that I know about your driving record... except your info is second or third-hand, while you admit that you baited someone into wrecking.

You know that to the same degree that I know about your driving record... except your info is second or third-hand, while you admit that you baited someone into wrecking.
They were just driving beyond their ability, and tailgating. Had nothing to do with me. Tailgating at highway speeds leaves no margin for error, and is incredibly dangerous. I have read a news article (or two) linked in this thread that indicate your friend did exactly what I wrote, and worse. You can keep posting if you'd like but I'm not sure how your friends driving can be defensed.

You can only blame yourself if you drive off the ramp after tailgating.
Leave room for Jesus, kids.
Yaknow, this is sort of the (contrapositive?) of some unsolicited advise I got from
some JHS friends' mother's boyfriend:

When you're hurtling towards the end of the acceleration ramp
behind other cars,
don't even whip a glance over your shoulder to see how to time the merge.

Because the douche in front of you
may come to a screaming stop at the end of the ramp.
If you speed up without keeping your eyes on him,
you could rear-end the idiot.
So don't do that.

That's not a story about passive-aggressive payback
for tailgaters.

That's a story about plain old defensive driving.

It's hard to argue with plain old defensive driving.

I guess that advice has saved my bacon at least once.

I purposely wait further back on the ramp if someone’s being brain dead at the top or bottom of one. Time it out with them finally moving and then sail past them if I can.
Does it piss off the people behind me? Yeah probably. But better than being stuck behind the zombie at a stop.

Last edited:
I purposely wait further back on the ramp if someone’s being brain dead at the top or bottom of one. Time it out with them finally moving and then has it past them if I can.
Does it piss off the people behind me? Yeah probably. But better than being stuck behind the zombie at a stop.
[thumbsup]
Just keep saying to yourself,
"<F> those guys behind me;
imagine if I didn't see some dolt
parked at the end of the ramp".

If he were an off duty officer, the only question would be if the other driver got an appearance ticker or was placed under guard pending transfer to jail after being treated for the gunshot wound.

You mean you were "increasing your speed to put a safe distance between you car and the tailgater?". :)

Maine does a nice job of posting common sense on the highways — “Keep right, except to pass”

If all drivers could understand and execute this simple concept, the world would be a better place.
Some states have laws requiring people leading parades of five or more cars to pull over: don’t think any in the Northeast though.

Back
Top Bottom