• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH road rage shooting

I'm not even going to say it.

NH road rage incident leads to shooting

"GRAFTON, N.H. (WCAX) A road rage incident ended in a shooting in Grafton, New Hampshire, Monday afternoon.

grafton+shooting.jpg

It happened on Route 4 near Lower Meadow Road.

Police say Joseph Brown, 38, and a 46-year-old driver were both headed north when the confrontation began. Then the cars hit each other and both drivers pulled over."

The video even shows a passing section, rigtt there. Use it. Or not.... An accident is unlikely there if you pass on a double yellow.

His wife must be pissed....

joseph-brown.jpg

His wife died five years ago, from cancer.

Joe Brown is a friend of mine. I obviously haven't been in contact with him, but he's very much someone who would avoid a confrontation if possible.

The wife of the other driver has given the only first-hand reports, and even in that she hints that her husband was the road-rager.

He did pass. Then jammed on the brakes...

Never a good idea, to try to "punish" the other driver for going "too slow" or whatever the alleged offense is. After passing, keep on going. If I realize I'm the slow driver, I'll even pull to the side when safe to do so and let them pass. I have no pride.

Break checkers are scum.

THIS

I was towing my 20ft toy hauler with my yukon....with 5 quads in it. Had my kids and my son's buddy. I was cresting a hill at about the 55MPH speed limit on a rainy 2 lane road and a dickbag in a prius pulled in front of me.....and then slammed on it's brakes to make a left turn. Locked the trailer brakes AND anti-locks on the truck. I was so pissed I almost let off so I'd hit it harder, but went half off the road and (barely) around it. flat spotted my trailer tires. If it happened and the accident didn't kill them I would have wanted to beat the shit out of them.

Never a good idea, to try to "punish" the other driver for going "too slow" or whatever the alleged offense is. After passing, keep on going. If I realize I'm the slow driver, I'll even pull to the side when safe to do so and let them pass. I have no pride.

The pissed off road rager passed and then slammed on brakes causing both the accident and the altercation that put a bullet in his gut. Someone who causes an accident like this is not going to be all chill after the fact. Not suprised at all he got shot.

I will agree though backing off and giving these road retards all the space they need is the best course of action. I have no doubt the shooter found himself backed into a corner and now will pay the price...

I gotta get a dash cam.

Good idea. It's your only hope if encountering a brake check idiot, since the one who does the rear ending is always considered at fault.

Which reminds me, I need to buy another.. My new used car doesn't have one and it is too much of a pain to move my old one between cars.

So, Joe's being held without bail. The prosecutor railed, "You don't bring a gun to a fistfight and gut-shoot someone!", and "He shot him in the stomach... he gut-shot him!"

Having known Joe for over a dozen years, and knowing him to be extremely non-aggressive, I'll go out on a limb and say that he didn't know he was in a fight until the other driver punched him in the face. (Which is deadly force, BTW, and warrants deadly force in response.) Joe's a small guy, maybe 5'5". He had all three of his kids in the car with him. If it had been anything other than a "wow, just had an accident, let's pull over" in his mind, I believe he would have sped away from an aggressor.

I could be wrong, of course. But it wouldn't be the Joe that I know to do anything else except use force only in response to an unexpected attack. This is someone who was among the first five guests in my NH home after we moved, delivered our first load of bio-logs, and has stayed in our travel trailer. He's had full access to our house any time he came to visit.

Unless he's made a change (something he doesn't do easily), I can even tell you that he was carrying an HK squeeze-cocker (I forget which variant) in a black leather thumb-break holster at 3:00.

Also: just in case this comes up later, Joe and his late wife were polyamorous. I mention this only because an early version of the Valley News report apparently said the other driver's wife first called in that "My boyfriend shot my husband." That version wasn't archived, but a mutual friend quoted it on FB. That shouldn't change any legitimacy to the use of force. Joe's poly nature actually reinforces my opinion that he wasn't the aggressor, because mutual consent was part of his core nature.

From what I can gather the shooter was the one who brake checked the other guy. Earlier comments made it seem like someone brake checked the shooter and then attacked him when he pulled over so he popped him. Seems to me the shooter was the aggressor who caused the accident. Not to sure who put hands on who first once they pulled over, wasn't there obvisouly, but if the guy wasn't an idiot and slammed on his brakes risking his families life and the other guys family in the first place the situation would have never happend.

the first report i read didn’t make it clear who did what.... other than who the shooter was, etc.

"
Marandos’s wife, Heidi, told police she recalled her husband getting agitated at the behavior of the other motorist, who was allegedly Brown, as they traveled in the same direction along Route 4. Jason Marandos then slammed on the brakes, and the two vehicles collided, according to a newly released court affidavit.

The men exited the vehicles and confronted one another and the altercation turned physical, the affidavit states.

Heidi Marandos told police that she urged the men to stop fighting and they did, but then Brown “pulled out a gun and shot (Jason) Marandos in the abdomen,” according to the affidavit. "
Court documents identify victim in Grafton ‘road rage’ shooting
https://www.vnews.com/dispute-leads-to-shooting-on-route-4-25208840

If in fact this is how it played out, Marandos did cause this conflict. However, if the fist fight did end and Brown then drew his firearm and shot Marandos after the threat was over, Brown is screwed. KBCraig, he maybe your friend, but he was wrong IF this is how it all occurred.

So, Joe's being held without bail. The prosecutor railed, "You don't bring a gun to a fistfight and gut-shoot someone!", and "He shot him in the stomach... he gut-shot him!"

Having known Joe for over a dozen years, and knowing him to be extremely non-aggressive, I'll go out on a limb and say that he didn't know he was in a fight until the other driver punched him in the face. (Which is deadly force, BTW, and warrants deadly force in response.) Joe's a small guy, maybe 5'5". He had all three of his kids in the car with him. If it had been anything other than a "wow, just had an accident, let's pull over" in his mind, I believe he would have sped away from an aggressor.

I could be wrong, of course. But it wouldn't be the Joe that I know to do anything else except use force only in response to an unexpected attack. This is someone who was among the first five guests in my NH home after we moved, delivered our first load of bio-logs, and has stayed in our travel trailer. He's had full access to our house any time he came to visit.

Unless he's made a change (something he doesn't do easily), I can even tell you that he was carrying an HK squeeze-cocker (I forget which variant) in a black leather thumb-break holster at 3:00.

Also: just in case this comes up later, Joe and his late wife were polyamorous. I mention this only because an early version of the Valley News report apparently said the other driver's wife first called in that "My boyfriend shot my husband." That version wasn't archived, but a mutual friend quoted it on FB. That shouldn't change any legitimacy to the use of force. Joe's poly nature actually reinforces my opinion that he wasn't the aggressor, because mutual consent was part of his core nature.
He has no prior record?

"
Marandos’s wife, Heidi, told police she recalled her husband getting agitated at the behavior of the other motorist, who was allegedly Brown, as they traveled in the same direction along Route 4. Jason Marandos then slammed on the brakes, and the two vehicles collided, according to a newly released court affidavit.

The men exited the vehicles and confronted one another and the altercation turned physical, the affidavit states.

Heidi Marandos told police that she urged the men to stop fighting and they did, but then Brown “pulled out a gun and shot (Jason) Marandos in the abdomen,” according to the affidavit. "
Court documents identify victim in Grafton ‘road rage’ shooting

If in fact this is how it played out, Marandos did cause this conflict. However, if the fist fight did end and Brown then drew his firearm and shot Marandos after the threat was over, Brown is screwed. KBCraig, he maybe your friend, but he was wrong IF this is how it all occurred.

Clear as mud:

Grafton man apologized after shooting driver in the abdomen during road rage clash

The incident unfolded just after 3 p.m. Monday. According to police, Marandos was driving west in a 2011 Ford Escape with his wife, Heidi, and their son when he observed Brown in a 2011 Ford Flex, driving aggressively behind him.

Prosecutors told Judge MacLeod that Brown had been tailgating Marandos before passing him and then stopping abruptly, causing a collision. Public defender Jamie Brooks denied that assertion, telling the court that Brown would dispute the state’s account of events leading up to the shooting.

Heidi Marandos recalled hearing her husband remark that “This guy’s being an a------” just before Jason Marandos slammed on his brakes and rear-ended Brown.

Last edited:
Dash Cams people .... dash cams (don't get angry, cause no reason to get angry = when you've got everything, including all the stupid, on camera)

Back
Top Bottom