Nh resident without ma ltc transport to ma. range?

there are a couple of ways to do it

does he have a NH CCW?

If so pick him up in NH and assume control of the gun when you cross the border

If he doesn't have a NH CCW make sure it is unloaded and not concealed on your person and head to MA, the minute you cross the border it is under your control.

If you have the 20 dollar non resident NH CCW then you can do as you please.

Just make sure it does not have illegal magazines since while in MA it needs to conform to MA regulations, as crappy as they may be

there are a couple of ways to do it

does he have a NH CCW?

If so pick him up in NH and assume control of the gun when you cross the border

If he doesn't have a NH CCW make sure it is unloaded and not concealed on your person and head to MA, the minute you cross the border it is under your control.

If you have the 20 dollar non resident NH CCW then you can do as you please.

Just make sure it does not have illegal magazines since while in MA it needs to conform to MA regulations, as crappy as they may be

Thanks for the info, he doesn't have a ltc so I will do as u recommended. Thanks again.

Similar question:

Current MA Resident w/ LTCA

About to join gun club at place of work, to shoot during evenings.

Potential move to RI within the year.

Do I have to go through the Non-res permitting process once I move to RI to be able to continue shooting at the gun club in MA?

Do I have to go through the Non-res permitting process once I move to RI to be able to continue shooting at the gun club in MA?

Strictly, no. Practically, yes.

As a non-resident without an LTC, you can bring in non-large capacity rifles and shotguns, or non-large capacity handguns for a competition.

Similar question:

Current MA Resident w/ LTCA

About to join gun club at place of work, to shoot during evenings.

Potential move to RI within the year.

there is some provision in the law that allows transport across state lines for bona fide competitions, but I wouldn't want to rely on it to save my bacon if I got in a car accident and the cops showed up and found the guns while searching the car (common practice when a car is being ordered towed) and you are getting hauled off to a hospital by ambulance.

Wait till you see what a non resident LTC costs... 100 a year plus the hoops they make you jump through.

Strictly, no. Practically, yes.

As a non-resident without an LTC, you can bring in non-large capacity rifles and shotguns, or non-large capacity handguns for a competition.

Just be sure to have a flyer or other written confirmation on your person stating you are in the competition.

While it's been repeated several time, you need to be clear on this point. The exemption is for competitions, not for practice, plinking or anything else. It doesn't have to be an official NRA or similar competition as in the case of NY, but it has to be a competition of some sort. We run a competition as part of all our NE Shooters classes to allow out-of-state shooters to bring their guns with them. Make sure you have a printed announcement of the "competition" with you, specifying the date and location to cover your self.

Ken

FYI, for the competition thing to work, the person must have a permit from any state. See MGL Chapter 140 Section 131G.

Non large capacity rifles and shotguns can be possessed while traveling and at a range or organized gathering of collectors and while hunting in season with a valid non-resident hunting license. They have to be unloaded and in a case while traveling. See MGL Chapter 140 Section 129C clauses f, g, h, and i.

And further note that no large capacity anything (handgun or long gun) can be brought in for any reason, competition or otherwise, without a non-resident LTC (per C. 269 § 10).

So to be clear, a non-resident needs a Mass LTC in order to go to a shooting range for practice, yes?

So to be clear, a non-resident needs a Mass LTC in order to go to a shooting range for practice, yes?

As jdubois posted just above you (3 years ago), no handguns and no large-capacity anything w/o a MA LTC. Low-capacity long guns are OK w/o a MA NR LTC.

Back
Top Bottom