NH resident shooting at Ma range

Former MA resident now in NH. Received a non-resident license restrictions: none.

I think it’s pretty clear that I cannot bring an AR15 to a shooting range in MA that I’m still a member of. But can I bring a new gen5 glock to shoot at the range?

can I not use the 17rd mag? Can I shoot it with a 10rd mag?

The laws are still a bit of a minefield and the non-resident LTC process was a real PITA.

Post-ban (9/13/1994) large capacity mags are illegal in MA except for active LEOs.

ARs that are pre-ban are legal in MA with a MA LTC.

If you believe in the MA AG BS, post-ban Massified ARs are illegal in MA even if you legally owned it in MA before you moved out. Personally, I don't buy it but many do.

Thank you!

so to confirm even a 10rd, post ban, glock magazine would be illegal to bring into MA for the purpose of shooting at a range?

Thank you!

so to confirm even a 10rd, post ban, glock magazine would be illegal to bring into MA for the purpose of shooting at a range?
The "list" is also completely irrelevant to you. I shoot my "non-compliant" pistols with 10 round and/or preban mags all the time.

The list of purchasable firearms is just that - a list of what firearms can be SOLD to a civilian by an FFL.

There's no prohibition on OWNING a Glock, just on buying it from an FFL.
So, you can take your Glock into Mass.

Mass has laws against "high capacity" non-pre-ban magazines. 10 round mag is not "high capacity".
Your 17 round mag, (assuming it's not pre-ban), has to stay at home.

Make sure you lock it up, it might jump up and hurt someone.
Yeah, so that last sentence isn't valid - the rest is.

Thank you!

Only a problem if it can hold more than 10 rounds. The date only matters for mags with more than a 10 round capacity.

Here's the bottom, very very simple line.

If you have a non-res MA LTC. You are bound by the same restrictions as far as what you can bring into MA as a resident is bound by what they can own in MA.

Nothing more Nothing less.

Its so super simple, the mods should just close the thread. All this self flagellation is ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom