NH (resident) P/R License submit to receive times

more of this bullshit? you're a little late to the "NH is better than MA" train.....

It's not 'bullshit' when there's such a stark contrast in what it takes to get a carry license, how long it takes to obtain it, and what the cost is. Well, it's a bit of bullshit if you try for a MA (resident) LTC... Non-resident LTC's for those of us in NH is even more BS. At least the NH non-resident process is reasonable, and fast.

It's not 'bullshit' when there's such a stark contrast in what it takes to get a carry license, how long it takes to obtain it, and what the cost is. Well, it's a bit of bullshit if you try for a MA (resident) LTC... Non-resident LTC's for those of us in NH is even more BS. At least the NH non-resident process is reasonable, and fast.

And good for what, 4 years? We have to go to the ghetto in Chelsea every year and pay $100 for permission. And that's IF you're lucky enough to get an unrestricted LTC, which I have not in the last 2 years. Hopefully this year is different. The way I see it, us out of staters have it tougher to get than in staters.

The last thing I would want is ​them at my house!

Except for the fact that THE LAW specifies "delivery". If the cops bring it to your house that's usually a good thing. It means that they actually read the law.

-Mike

Yeah, but the only reason you mentioned it was to troll. [laugh]

-Mike

Except for the fact that THE LAW specifies "delivery". If the cops bring it to your house that's usually a good thing. It means that they actually read the law.

-Mike

Considering the law was written in 1923 when most police departments were very small and probably didn't have a bunch of vehicles and gas around, I don't think the intent of the law would've been to have the chief of police drive around in a squad car dropping off carry permits. "...shall be delivered" usually means "you have to give something to someone in a prescribed manner by a certain amount of time", rather than door to door delivery.

[FONT=&quot]The original shall be delivered to the licensee and the duplicate shall be preserved by the people issuing the same for 4 years. When required, license renewal shall take place within the month of the fourth anniversary of the license holder's date of birth following the date of issuance. The license shall be issued within 14 days after application, and, if such application is denied, the reason for such denial shall be stated in writing, the original of which such writing shall be delivered to the applicant, and a copy kept in the office of the person to whom the application was made.[/FONT]

I suspect towns photocopying DLs could be building a private dossier

That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Don't they have access to that anyway? Wouldn't they just want to get it out of the system when they go in to verify anyway? NH is great with their turn around but some of their requests/requirements puzzle me.
Many NH residents opt out of having their Driver's License picture stored in the state database (and shared with other agencies), so a query brings up the same text as your DL, but not your photo.

Considering the law was written in 1923 when most police departments were very small and probably didn't have a bunch of vehicles and gas around, I don't think the intent of the law would've been to have the chief of police drive around in a squad car dropping off carry permits. "...shall be delivered" usually means "you have to give something to someone in a prescribed manner by a certain amount of time", rather than door to door delivery.

Whether there were horses and buggies or cars is irrelevant; the spirit and intent of the law is pretty obvious; the burden is on the PD to make sure you got your license.

My wife's sent regular mail - 23 days
Mine sent registered mail, return receipt requested - 12 days

Newton NH
CoP is a knowing violator as previously determined by the Rockingham County Superior Court.

Wait! Did I just say that the court determined that he knew or should have known he was violating the law and he is still an accredited police officer?

Unpossible!

My wife's sent regular mail - 23 days
Mine sent registered mail, return receipt requested - 12 days

Newton NH
CoP is a knowing violator as previously determined by the Rockingham County Superior Court.

Wait! Did I just say that the court determined that he knew or should have known he was violating the law and he is still an accredited police officer?

Unpossible!

I just moved to Newton NH. I'm putting in my p&r application Monday.

Lancaster, initial issue: dropped off late Wednesday afternoon, along with daughter's application. Daughter got a call Thursday morning to clarify her name change. Got another call late Thursday to say they were ready; picked them up Friday morning.

Send it registered mail, return receipt requested.

The CoP maxed out his pension in the People's Republic so he moved less than 100 yds. into NH but thinks MA ways are so superior that he just can't bring himself to obey NH laws. It's pretty disgusting.

I just moved to NH, from MA, never applied for my MA LTC. How common are new Hampshire denials? What are the normal grounds?

I have a couple arrests for defending myself 10 years ago, and the families were friends with the local police. I got a felony arrest for a&b with a dangerous weapon, that was dismissed and shows as a NON-CONVICTION, on my Cori , and a misdemeanor a&b that was also dismissed as a cwof, and shows as a non-conviction, given I have no convictions on my record, I should be okay right?

These were dismissed in court. Thanks for the info, and sorry about the thread hijack.

I've never done drugs, so no illegal use, and I've never had a domestic or something scummy like that.

The Newton CoP will deny you IMHO. Since the statute gives the CoP's discretion they can and do use it. And it seems like more chiefs may be using it due to pressure from the state and the Chiefs association.

Since you have arrests that were violent, even though you were never charged, I will bet money that the Newton Chief will still deny you. He is a massive dick from what I have heard.

Before you submit your application, where were the arrests made? Are you able to have the courts clear your arrest record? If so do that first before applying. It will save you time, aggravation, and money.

If you are denied, Seth Hipple is a good attorney to use.

http://nhlegalservices.com/contact/

13 days in Hampton NH. It was formally as hostile of a town as your could get. They told me when i dropped it off to pick it up in 14 but the 14th would have been a saturday and they aren't open.

13 days in Hampton NH. It was formally as hostile of a town as your could get. They told me when i dropped it off to pick it up in 14 but the 14th would have been a saturday and they aren't open.

The police department isn't open on Saturday? Ahh...isn't that supposed to be like the Fire Department and 7-11, i.e. we never close?

Dropped off: 12/8 (5PM)
Approved: 12/9
Printed: 12/12

In hand: 12/28. Apparently, attempts were made to reach me but failed.

Epping

Was told on drop off that It would take 2 weeks.

Dropped off on a Friday. Picked up the following Tuesday AM. Minus the weekend when they don't deal with these things I guess you could call it 3 workday turnaround. Still not sure why I was told 2 weeks up front though?

Epping

Was told on drop off that It would take 2 weeks.

Dropped off on a Friday. Picked up the following Tuesday AM. Minus the weekend when they don't deal with these things I guess you could call it 3 workday turnaround. Still not sure why I was told 2 weeks up front though?

Scotty Syndrome : If they tell you 14 days (legal limit) and they come in early, you're happily surprised. If they tell you 3 days, you show up on day 4 all pissy looking for the PRL.

5 days...dropped it off after work on a Monday...got a call the following Friday that it was ready. Which reminds me, mine is due for renewal this year.

Dropped mine off on a Monday evening and got a call around noon on Tuesday to come pick it up. That was this June in Milford.

Curious to see how long it's taken for other members to get their [resident] NH Pistol/Revolver License (to carry concealed).

I dropped mine off on Tuesday, 6/21 in Pelham, after 5pm. Had a call at 5:13pm Wednesday 6/22 that it was ready for pickup. Figuring the person doing the licenses didn't get my application until the morning of the 22nd, that's less than one day turnaround. Even from drop-off to being informed it was ready was just under 24 hours.

So, post up how long it took to get your NH P&R license. Or from when you dropped it off until it was ready for pickup.

MA residents: Don't be bitter about the fast turnaround times posted. [rofl2]

Dropped the Application off Friday for my wife and I in Hampton and picked both up the following Monday afternoon. Both of us were licensed in MA already.

Last edited:
First issue as new residents in Lancaster: dropped mine and my daughter's off on Wednesday afternoon. Thursday they called her to verify her legal name change; Friday morning they called that they were ready to pick up.

Unpossible!

The mere fact the Laurie list exists is evidence the state doesn't really ​care about dirty cops.

Back
Top Bottom