NH Resident looking for Non-Res LTC

I would like to apply for my non-resident Class A LTC. What reasons should I put for the "all-lawful purposes". I do some business with a metal salvage yard in Haverhill, and often carry significant amounts of cash. Is that along the lines of what they want, or do I not need to be that specific? What kind of things do people usually put down?

I would like to apply for my non-resident Class A LTC. What reasons should I put for the "all-lawful purposes". I do some business with a metal salvage yard in Haverhill, and often carry significant amounts of cash. Is that along the lines of what they want, or do I not need to be that specific? What kind of things do people usually put down?

"My job entails frequent travel in MA after normal business hours, visiting poorly lit, seldom patrolled industrial areas, and I often carry large amounts of cash and expensive electronic equipment."

If that honestly describes your situation, that has always worked for me.

I've never added exact details. Fill the form correctly and completely, pass the background check, enclose all the required items, and you should do fine, assuming you are not disqualified for any reason listet - no offence intended - it's just that small stuff in your past can be problems in MA, even if not elsewhere. If you think you MIGHT be disqualified, don't apply until you check with a lawyer (references can be had on this forum), as a denial in MA can block permits elsewhere.

You will also need a MA State Police basic firearm safety course certificate issued by a MA certified instructor. An NRA certificate alone is not acceptable.

You'll find more info on MA non-resident licensing here.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help. Regarding any offenses, I was arrested once for having an open alcohol container while visiting a friend at the UNH college campus. This is not a criminal offense, and I was charged with a violation of a “town ordinance”, and paid a small fine (200 dollars I believe). That is the only issue I have ever had, I have never even been inside a courtroom. Should that be a problem worth worrying about?

As a reason for carry on my non-resident LTC I wrote Simply: Often travels through high crime areas with valuables, All Lawful Purposes/ No Restrictions/ Protection of Life and Property.

About 2 months later I believe my Mass Non Resident LTC (A ALP) arrived. Horray for me.

Back
Top Bottom