NH resident license no references

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this subject has been beat to death here. However, with the RSA changing last year to allow constitutional carry, I have a question. My wife went to renew her license. We left the references blank, as we always have. The Fremont PD called her today and said the state PD says no go without references? I read the RSA and do not see ANY language even mentioning this. The only thing I can find is something on the state PD's web site saying the application has to be complete.

Am I missing something here or are they wrong?

I can't speak to the RSA, but I've always filled out the references portion to make the form complete. No one has ever contacted my references.

I can't speak to the RSA, but I've always filled out the references portion to make the form complete. No one has ever contacted my references.
Agreed -- don't leave the references blank, but don't give anything not required by law (phone numbers for references)

My first go-around, a week in, local PD called me and said they were having trouble contacting one of my references, the only published phone number for him was answered by a fax machine. I said "Well, have you tried sending a fax?"

Agreed -- don't leave the references blank, but don't give anything not required by law (phone numbers for references)

My first go-around, a week in, local PD called me and said they were having trouble contacting one of my references, the only published phone number for him was answered by a fax machine. I said "Well, have you tried sending a fax?"
I like that. A lot. Jack.

I am not worried about them contacting them. My point is, if the RSA doesn't require references, then why should we fill that out. And from what I can tell, the RSA does not require it.

I am not worried about them contacting them. My point is, if the RSA doesn't require references, then why should we fill that out. And from what I can tell, the RSA does not require it.

The RSA does require it. It outlines that you are to use only the approved official form (no substitutions), with no additional forms added to the process and that it must be filled out completely. You DID NOT complete the form. So stop bitching, submit a complete form (as required) and be done with it.

I am not " bitching " but thanks for your .2 cents. If this was bitching you must live a very sheltered life. It's called being informed.

It's a simple question. If the RSA doesn't require it, and from what I can see it doesn't, then they don't need it. Is this just an example of PD's over stepping.

Please show me where the RSA states that. Here I will link it for you, it doesn't.

Section 159:6 License to Carry.

I am not " bitching " but thanks for your .2 cents. If this was bitching you must live a very sheltered life. It's called being informed.

It's a simple question. If the RSA doesn't require it, and from what I can see it doesn't, then they don't need it. Is this just an example of PD's over stepping.

Please show me where the RSA states that. Here I will link it for you, it doesn't.

Let the PD know they are not required. They have x amount of days to either approve or deny the application.

Hire a lawyer if needed.

It's a simple question. If the RSA doesn't require it, and from what I can see it doesn't, then they don't need it. Is this just an example of PD's over stepping.Please show me where the RSA states that. Here I will link it for you, it doesn't.

It's right there at your link:
The form shall require no more information than was required on the state of New Hampshire application for pistol/revolver license, form DSSP 85, as revised in December 2009
DSSP 85 required references as of 12/2009, so the form can require references.

Am I stupid (entirely possible) or reading this wrong (also, entirely possible)? The RSA says (paraphrased) "only this Form can be used, and nothing can be added to it," you refuse to fill out the form, and you're claiming "no one said I have to fill out the form?" Really? That's the argument? Do you also assume you can leave your name and address off, as well?

Am I stupid (entirely possible) or reading this wrong (also, entirely possible)? The RSA says (paraphrased) "only this Form can be used, and nothing can be added to it," you refuse to fill out the form, and you're claiming "no one said I have to fill out the form?" Really? That's the argument? Do you also assume you can leave your name and address off, as well?

You do realize the state PD made the form, right? It's not stated in RSA what has to be on the form. The RSA is the actual LAW, not the form the state PD made.

It's right there at your link:
The form shall require no more information than was required on the state of New Hampshire application for pistol/revolver license, form DSSP 85, as revised in December 2009
DSSP 85 required references as of 12/2009, so the form can require references.

I renewed mine last year, and did not include references. Which is why I asked.

You do realize the state PD made the form, right? It's not stated in RSA what has to be on the form. The RSA is the actual LAW, not the form the state PD made.

No...the law specifically references and requires the "Form DSSP 85, as revised in December 2009." The law requires you (and the cognizant LE Agency) to use that form. That specific form has spots for references. The fact someone overlooked your practice in the past doesn't somehow give your idea weight.

200.gif

I renewed mine last year, and did not include references. Which is why I asked.
DSSP85 says "An incomplete application will be returned" with the only fields marked as "optional" being phone and SSN. Your PD "overlooked" the missing fields, could've refused to process the application (not denial, just "returned") due to incompletness, and been within the law.

DSSP85 says "An incomplete application will be returned" with the only fields marked as "optional" being phone and SSN. Your PD "overlooked" the missing fields, could've refused to process the application (not denial, just "returned") due to incompletness, and been within the law.

Thank you. This is all I was asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom