• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH ranked as state most likely to survive an outbreak.

I don't know about nh. Would see that all the line would flee out of NYC and Boston right to New Hampshire. Millions of them then followed by their need for lattes, soda bans, and rainbow flags. I would think that some place like Hawaii would be better. Isolated and hard to get to. Of course the rainbow flag is already flying there. Maybe Alaska but I don't think that place has enough food and might starve its self out. Myself if the world is ending i will head out to Vegas and go out drink happy and broke

After three weeks I'd have to resort to powdered milk to make lattes

ftow0k.png

The ranking is based primarily on public health education, labs and related resources, vaccination ubiquity, etc. That's why some of the western states are low in the rankings.
I don't know about nh. Would see that all the line would flee out of NYC and Boston right to New Hampshire. Millions of them then followed by their need for lattes, soda bans, and rainbow flags.
I don't think that's what the ranking is about. And some of the best prepared folk I know own rainbow flags, while few New Yorkers have the stamina or resources to make it north of Manchester, CT in a true crisis.
I would think that some place like Hawaii would be better. Isolated and hard to get to. Of course the rainbow flag is already flying there. Maybe Alaska but I don't think that place has enough food and might starve its self out.
Hawaii's only real defense against disease is isolation (that's why no rabies in Hawaii). OTOH, looking at the graph, HI is one of the better ranked states, but once the quarantine is broken, the state will be lost.

The northern states have thousands of towns where people could easily go three weeks without contacting a stranger and think nothing of it. Give disease time to burn out in the cities while we sit it out like an extended blizzard.

Isolated, no natural resources, everything has to be imported in. Yeah, you'd be warm & safe maybe, but you'd be starving in relatively short time I would think.

The big island has one of the largest cattle ranches in the world. Lots of Kona coffee to keep awake, and pineapples and macadamia nuts. Add in fish and I don't think you'd be too hungry. Whales also go between the islands if you're looking for lamp oil.

I have all my preps in order. Two Latter Day Saints families in the neighborhood with 1yr stocks of food.

A handgun with three mags of ammo will do the trick nicely... [wink]

Back
Top Bottom