• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH Question

I'm staying overnight in Chelmsford Ma and heading to NH next Sat for the day. I would like to carry my firearm. When I leave the hotel in Ma do I have to lock it up to head into NH, I've read different things. Thanks for the info!

Do you have a non-resident NH P&R license?
If Yes: Just carry like you normally would
If No: In New Hampshire, without a P&R you cannot carry a loaded firearm concealed on your person, or within a motor vehicle. While in the car, it needs to be unloaded, but you can keep it on your person if you want. If you want to carry while in NH, you can open carry when you're not in the car. You could also carry concealed and unloaded, but keep a magazine on your person. Finally, you could just lock it up in the car.

A Non-res P&R is very easy to obtain. If you're going into NH on any sort of regular basis, I highly recommend getting one.

Do you have a non-resident NH P&R license?
If Yes: Just carry like you normally would
If No: In New Hampshire, without a P&R you cannot carry a loaded firearm concealed on your person, or within a motor vehicle. While in the car, it needs to be unloaded, but you can keep it on your person if you want. If you want to carry while in NH, you can open carry when you're not in the car. You could also carry concealed and unloaded, but keep a magazine on your person. Finally, you could just lock it up in the car.

A Non-res P&R is very easy to obtain. If you're going into NH on any sort of regular basis, I highly recommend getting one.

this

I knew I can't carry concealed. Just wanted to know if I can keep it in a locked container unloaded and the loaded magazine separate, like on me or in the glove box. I don't have a non resident P&R but will be getting one soon.

I knew I can't carry concealed. Just wanted to know if I can keep it in a locked container unloaded and the loaded magazine separate, like on me or in the glove box. I don't have a non resident P&R but will be getting one soon.

Yes you can. Just know it doesn't need to be locked at all. It can be on the seat next to you with the loaded mag right next to it as long as the mag is not inserted.

Back
Top Bottom