NH: Public Hearing to REMOVE the right to self-defense (01/22/13)

Was there too, I couldn't believe half the reps on that commitee. note to self though if wearing a suit in concord when temp is freezing, bring jacket gloves and hat... I wished I had spoken though since 2 out of 3 clergy who spoke were for it. Could've even the odds.

I do not want them to roll back this Natural Right, but if they do, I will still stand my ground and deal with it latter. Im getting sick of mans laws that were put in place to restrict people who work for a living and just want to make sure they get home at the end of the day. I hate politicians and how they think they rule over us. Plus the people that vote and put them into office with the express intent to rule over us. I pray the day never comes but if ti does. Its going to be ugly.

My first post. I am a proud NH gun owner... a single dad with primary custody of a wonderful 13yo daughter (who i drag to Riley's and other spots probably too often). I have a career (16 yrs at same firm)/college degree, homeowner, and am a law-abiding citizen...and like a lot of other good law-abiding citizens... is struggling with mortgage and food and gas and heating bills in order to stay afloat. I would just like to say "thank you" on behalf of myself to everyone who was able to attend today and be heard or whose presence was felt thru numbers. Sincerely, Thank You. Chris

My first post. I am a proud NH gun owner... a single dad with primary custody of a wonderful 13yo daughter (who i drag to Riley's and other spots probably too often). I have a career (16 yrs at same firm)/college degree, homeowner, and am a law-abiding citizen...and like a lot of other good law-abiding citizens... is struggling with mortgage and food and gas and heating bills in order to stay afloat. I would just like to say "thank you" on behalf of myself to everyone who was able to attend today and be heard or whose presence was felt thru numbers. Sincerely, Thank You. Chris

Welcome Chris and hopefully you stick around.

First welcome to the forum. I feel that you can't really appreciate it unless your a green member. I'll make your first year payment. Give me a few and I'll send it through.

First welcome to the forum. I feel that you can't really appreciate it unless your a green member. I'll make your first year payment. Give me a few and I'll send it through.

Thank you. I am more than happy to do my share. Pls direct me thru pm or email and I will gladly support our cause w/payment. I am an extremely frustrated American at this point. Seeing the CH9 piece put things in perspective in regards to those who took the time out of their day to attend and stand in line (or write as I did), and I am grateful. Like others here, I followed this thread at work today in between meetings, lunch engagements, client obligations, and work interruptions (and a 6pm ballet class for my kid). Pls point me in the correct direction to help. Chris

I shld have added..When I click this link it does not bring me anywhere (the page just refreshes)... Maybe a Macintosh thing? Yup a proud multi-gun and Macintosh user for going on 30 years. Pls LMK...

1. [*=left]If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES MembershipThe benefits pay for the membership many times over.

jabbers...welcome to the forum! Great bunch of people here! Here's the link to the membership section...hopefully it'll take you where you need to go:

Memberships

The topmost stickey should help you with the information you need...

I could make use of those specific passages if you'd be so kind to post them. In battle with a Facebook fanatic...

Sent from my chimney using smoke signals.

I'll have to dig them up. A friend gave me them a little while back and IDK whether or not I saved the link.

if you believe in Jesus then you must believe in his last act before being crucified. His last act was to reattach a roman soldiers ear that was cut off by one of his deciples who carried a sword. So Jesus's personal body gaurds carried weapons to protect themselves so he couldn't have been that against it. Both books give the go ahead to defend yourself the Torrah is very clear about the use of force to protect yourself and others.

I didn't have the links but my friend still has them:
Self-Defense is Biblical
Highlands Reformed Church | The Bible and Self-Defense

Exodus 22:2-3 2 "If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed. 3 "If the sun has risen on him, there shall be guilt for his bloodshed.

Psalm 18:34 He teaches my hands to make war, So that my arms can bend a bow of bronze
Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:

Luke 22:35-39 And He said to them, "When I sent you without money bag, knapsack, and sandals, did you lack anything?" So they said, "Nothing." 36 Then He said to them, "But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one. 37 "For I say to you that this which is written must still be accomplished in Me: 'And He was numbered with the transgressors.' For the things concerning Me have an end." 38 So they said, "Lord, look, here are two swords." And He said to them, "It is enough." 39 Coming out, He went to the Mount of Olives, as He was accustomed, and His disciples also followed Him.

I don't need a book to give me a go ahead.

For those of us who do believe, sometimes there is a misconception that the Bible does not allow for self defense.

One argument that may have some traction is that removing the right to self defense will increase incidence of rape. We saw a very strong reaction to the issue of coverage for birth control pills. I think rape prevention may see a similar sort of support.

So here's one way to present it. These graphs are from John Lott's book More Guns Less Crime, third edition. They're pretty much self explanatory. Now there's some room for discussion on how this data was compiled. But this is just a quick presentation of this sort of argument. If you were going to present it to legislators or women's groups, you'd want to be more thorough. That said...

3819.jpg

3820.jpg

3822.jpg

3821.jpg

So these graphs show nice and cleanly that allowing civilians to carry concealed firearms reduces crime. We know that.

Now, one argument is that when you break it down a little further, violent crimes against women go down even more sharply than violent crimes against men. And some of that is explained by the difference in fighting ability between the average man and the average women. A gun increases a woman's ability to resist more, so crime against women goes down more than for men.

Now here's the kicker. Allowing civilians to carry concealed has a vaccination effect against crime. Not every woman has to carry a firearm. If some women are known to carry firearms, then all women benefit, because rapists don't know which ones are carrying.

So this is what may make the argument so effective. Even if a woman doesn't want to carry a gun, she is less likely to be raped because some other women do carry guns, and are legally allowed to use them against assailants.

Another aspect to the argument which may or may not have any traction is that the people who do carry guns bear all of the financial cost of providing this benefit to society, in training and licensing fees, the cost of the firearm and ammunition, and the time cost for training/licensing/practice. So if a woman doesn't like guns, she doesn't have to buy one, she incurs no cost or tax, and she benefits from reduced chance of rape.

Last edited:
I understand. I will also add that I've seen people point to the scripture to make equally compelling arguments on both sides of the debate.

So, to many of us, it seems that using the scripture to support an argument for or against self-defense, only convinces those who already happen to believe in that piece of the scripture and that side of the argument.

Not, trying to argue which piece of the scripture I do or don't believe. Just trying to point out that I've always found that using scripture to argue an opinion usually amounts to preaching to the choir for me.

I liken it to a moonbat and the constitution: They only care about certain parts when it favors them and their message and ignore the parts that go against their big government view. Likewise, preachers who believe in pacifism leave out the verses that are contrary to their personal beliefs: Using force to defend yourself or another from physical harm.

Nothing Like a Meltdown During a Committee Hearing

by Rick Olson

“Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame.” —Benjamin Franklin

Meltdown!

Meltdowns. Most people find them offensive and off-putting while I find myself amused by them. Admittedly, I am sometimes surprised…but mostly amused. Such was the case today, With House Criminal Justice and Safety Chair, Laura Pantelakos.

Rep David Murotake (R) Nashua completed his testimony opposing House Bill 135 when the rather large crowd broke into applause, despite two prior warnings of the Chair not to do so. Representative Pantelakos began feverishly hammering the podium with the gavel, and yelling for the applause to cease. Then she said those magic words:

“Show some respect for the members of this committee. We are forced to sit here and suffer through this…I am not going to tolerate this!”

Naturally, there was a reaction from the crowd…some boos’s and some groans…and laughter. Laughter because she demanded respect from the crowd all the while standing up there with her shrill piercing voice…like nails on a chalk board, yelling at us all like a bunch of naughty school children. Some might call it disrespectful..me? not so much…She is just another liberal who does not care a fig what the people have to say and committee hearings such as these are just an exercise to be suffered through. Naturally, after other testimony, some folks again began to applaud. (being in the back, I applauded loudly so as to egg on others).

Rep. Dan Itse (R) Fremont so very eloquently approached the microphone and reminded Rep Pantelakos of the constitutional duties of the house. (I wished I had recorded it). Nevertheless, it left me with a most-lasting favorable impression…

Yes, it was funny….Funny, Indeed. But it also served as a teachable moment. We witnessed the very heart of the mindset and attitude of the chair when she viscerally popped off at us all. I would even go so far as to suggest that next time a bill of such great import comes into the fore, we all fill out red cards, asking for 5 minutes to speak…if for no other reason, than to see that hilarious melt-down. Let the people be heard!

Nothing Like a Meltdown During a Committee Hearing ? GraniteGrok

Yea when the chair made that comment they was a stir around the room. She was very out of line for suggesting it a chore to "deal" with us. If she no longer wants to deal with this chore then I recommend stop taking our money for your services obviously not being rendered to us as you clearly have a biased agenda to fill and will not let the will of the people to get in the way.

- - - Updated - - -

I liken it to a moonbat and the constitution: They only care about certain parts when it favors them and their message and ignore the parts that go against their big government view. Likewise, preachers who believe in pacifism leave out the verses that are contrary to their personal beliefs: Using force to defend yourself or another from physical harm.

It is up to the strong and the able to stand up for the weak and disabled- A passage from the book of the Glockstones.

Sent this to her this am, I held back

Dear Representative Pantelakos
I am sorry to hear that you feel forced to sit through and suffer listening to the people, you know the people that elected you and asked you to represent them if that job is too much I might suggest you step down or at a minimum not run for the position next time.

Anybody got a link to Representative Pantelakos? I'd like to send her an email letter her know what I think of her being "forced to sit here and suffer through this"
[email protected]

"We are forced to sit here and suffer through this" PLEASE tell me someone got it on video.
I would love to see video

Back
Top Bottom