NH-Poll Question: Should Politicians and Activist groups oppose legislation that seeks to violate 4A, 5A and other rights?

Should Politicians and Activist groups oppose leg that violates 4A, 5A and besides 2A?

• Yes, the constitution and Bill of Rights/NH Constitution must be defended as written

Votes: 66 95.7%
  • No, politicians should be permitted to violate their oath at will

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
NH-Poll Question: Should Politicians and Activist groups oppose legislation that seeks to violate 4A, 5A and other rights?

Long and the short of it is that all of our rights are under attack and we see politicians and activist groups opposing bad gun bills but failing to oppose bills that violate 4A, 5A, due process and a raft of other procedural BS that comes around and is subsequently used to violate RKBA once these other violations are "normalized"

A perfect example of this is some of the red flag bills in the NH Senate and House currently.

Specifically SB677 and HB1660 both of which various groups are trying to enguage in mental gymnastics to show its not a gun bill (when it is) and is also chock full of due process, 4A/5A violations, private property violations and various violations of the NH constitution.

Should politicians and activist groups support/defend 4A,5A, Due Process and other constitutionally guaranteed rights and limitations of gov or not?

It's really a no brainer... you either abide by your solemn oath or you are labeled an oath breaker and run out of town (or worse). There is no grey area in the oath they swore to uphold.

...activist groups opposing bad gun bills but failing to oppose bills that violate 4A, 5A, due process...

Should politicians and activist groups support/defend 4A,5A, Due Process and other constitutionally guaranteed rights and limitations of gov or not?

Pro-gun activist groups are effective because they are single-issue, if they muddy the waters with unrelated advocacy around 4th, 5th, etc that is a distraction from their mission.

Who’s the three a**h***s??
A stupid poll deserves a stupid response. Do you really think ANY of the 3 really believe their response???? You remind me of the folks that shit their panties over Babylon Bee stories.

A stupid poll deserves a stupid response. Do you really think ANY of the 3 really believe their response???? You remind me of the folks that shit their panties over Babylon Bee stories.
A bit harsh IMHO, I think the question has merit considering the poll question

FWIW, I see this as a "push poll" and like all such, declined to answer.
Pro-gun activist groups are effective because they are single-issue, if they muddy the waters with unrelated advocacy around 4th, 5th, etc that is a distraction from their mission.
Here's the quandry

By not opposing all sorts of other constitutional and due process violations we allow those precidents to be used against us down the road
I agree, and feel 100% that politicians and individuals need to oppose these bills, especially the gross violations of 4A, 5A, 14A.

That said, when I give $$ to GONH, I expect 100% of that money to go towards their stated mission, not to other causes and lobbying against other bills that aren't immediately relevant to the cause. There are plenty of other groups to donate to to for their work in support of general constitutional/civil rights causes.

Last edited:
As one of the Evil Three, I would love to see the other two out themselves, and explain their vote. Me, I thought the poll was silly....c'mon folks, who really believes that "politicians should be permitted to violate their oath at will" ???????? Geez, don't you folks know when someone is yanking your chain? New Poll: Should Gunz be outlawed?

Bt74,
Unfortunately way too many politicians are willing to trample constitutional protections to further their own stay in office.
Bottom line is SB574, HB677, HB687, HB1509 and HB1660 all deserve to by killed as their are clear violations of the Consitution, but political hacks from both parties are sponsoring these bills.

FWIW, I see this as a "push poll" and like all such, declined to answer.
It's more of a ridiculous one - like the ones both side send out with the box to check "enclosed is my contribution to cover the cost of this poll you probably won't even tabulate and means nothing even if you do".

A push poll is more like "Are you aware that candidate Phogarty masturbates in front of his female dog?".

Back
Top Bottom