NH Police Seek Armored SWAT Vehicle to Combat Peaceful Libertarians

Yeah, those SWAT guys from out near Keene BLUE-U complained about the Free Staters seeking to exercise their rights to the "extreme letter of the law". As they knew what was the correct way to exercise freedom. Porcupines are a dangerous threat...

Turning more and more into a Soviet style Police State. When I went to Panama in 1985 for J training we got a day off and went into PC and there were La Guardia cops on every street corner and wheeled APC's patrolling the streets in many parts of the city. This was under Noriega's rule. Was a pretty sketchy experience. Never thought I would be seeing the same thing happening here.

Keene needs one to stop the rebels who put money in parking meters. If it saves just one child....

What thickness of mild steel plate will .30-06 M2 AP penetrate? - THR

I'm pretty sure a Bearcat doesn't have 3/4" armor - so the answer to your question is probably : "yes".

BTW: Just about anybody can afford a .50 upper - go check out the Tactilite group buy thread. You'll just have to wait - for quite a while - to get it.

- - - Updated - - -

Garands are much more portable - and a hell of a lot cheaper - than a Solothurn.

According to the wiki article, there is conflicting info. The side panel of the wiki states .5" to 1.5" armor. The description states .5" armor with .50 cal resistant glass.

"The .5 inch thick mil spec steel armored bodywork is completed with .50 caliber rated ballistic glass capable of multi-hits, blast-resistant floors, specially designed gunports, roof hatches/turret and agency specific equipment and/or modifications such as lights/sirens/battering ram/winches/thermal cameras and spot lights."

To the person who talked about rpg's. The Bear cat has FLAT ARMOR. Plus, it is thin. Even if you assume the 1.5" value from the wiki, that is only 38mm (the .5" value is only a mere 12.7mm thick). Combined with the fact that most of the armor is FLAT, an RPG will penetrate that like a hot knife through butter.

The occupants have to breathe... Air comes in somewhere. And, they have to see out in order to operate it.

WOW!! Keene NH already has one! Oddly enough they are made by a Ma company and Ma doesn't have any.

Lenco BearCat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Scroll to the bottom of the page and read all the places in the US that have them already. LA has 9 yes that's NINE The sheriffs have 5 and the LAPD has 4...

Not true. Berkshire County has one, it's parked inside of GD much like the previous version that looked more like an armored ambulance.

From what I understand that when Keene was getting thiers, That there were already nine of those things in the state now!!!
How are the "peaceful libertarians" going to counter them if it comes to that? Homemade panzerfaust? Those things are rated to stop .50 BMG rounds!

The occupants have to breathe... Air comes in somewhere. And, they have to see out in order to operate it.

Valid point...I wonder what kind of defenses it mounts to remove oil based paint from the windows? Windshield wipers would smear it, and I'm doubtful the wiper fluid would cut through it enough to restore visibility...

Valid point...I wonder what kind of defenses it mounts to remove oil based paint from the windows? Windshield wipers would smear it, and I'm doubtful the wiper fluid would cut through it enough to restore visibility...

Kinda hard to see if the glass is all smashed up from multiple projectiles or similar.

How are the "peaceful libertarians" going to counter them if it comes to that? Homemade panzerfaust? Those things are rated to stop .50 BMG rounds!
They gotta dismount at some point. A bag of black paint mixed with honey, ashes and sand on the front window, and then smoke the guy who "volunteers" to get out to clean the mess. Rinse and repeat. There's no need to pop them all. Only to discourage and scare them. Guerrilla, if done right, is a nasty thing to fight.

As a prospective NH resident this really pisses me off. Looks like too many of our moonbats have flown north already.

The police state is NATIONAL. AZ has the biggest liberty infringer policeman there is: Sherrif Appraipo.

If you think NH is immune to the police state we now live in, I've got a nice bridge to sell you on some prime oceanfront real estate in Wyoming...

The people are pretty much with us. Basically, we are building a buzz and it is working

(not all people are with us. Here's an excerpt from a field report from someone collecting sigs that some might get a kick out of)

A SWAT team member of this 20-town unit approached me and told me how upset he was that we would do such a thing as this. We had a conversation. I focused on the fact that they have one at the State Police. He said that was a much larger vehicle. I said I thought that would be a good thing, as they could rescue more people in it. He brought up Boston, and said that you saw all those armored vehicles down there, we couldn't use that big BEAR down there. I said my impression of the situation there was different than his. What I had seen was a lot of military type security theater and absolutely zero results, reminding him it wasn't until the martial law had been lifted that an ordinary citizen found that single young man in a boat. The bearcats did nothing! I told him that a marine testified at that hearing that he was in a war zone and didn't have these. He got very angry and shouted to the now-assembled crowd that "I'm on the SWAT Team! I want this equipment! We need this! We need it for our safety! We put out lives on the line!" To which I shouted back, "And the garbage collector is more likely to be hurt of killed in the course of his job than a police officer is, and that's a statistical fact according to the Federal Government!" He stormed into the store.

A minute later a man from the store came outside and said to make sure we weren't too close to the doors, that make sure people have an aisle to move through, that we could stay right where we were and to carry on!

BearCat Petition Drive

Saturday, August 31, 2013, 10:00am - 4:00pm.
(Organizers will be arriving at 9am so feel free to show up early and get a head start or hang out and grab some breakfast.)

downstairs at Tandy's Top Shelf
1 Eagle Square, Concord, NH

We will provide the materials, all you will need to do is show up.

The person to collect the most Concord signatures at this event wins 2 Walking Liberty rounds. Second place prize is to be announced soon. Every volunteer will receive a Lindt Excellence chocolate bar!

To qualify for these prizes, all petitions signed on 8/31 must be turned in by 6pm on 8/31. Return them to volunteer organizer at Tandy's.

Even more prizes! If you don't win anything today, you still have a chance to win a prize because we have an overall competition running from 8/24-9/7.

These are grand prizes for the most signatures gathered by Saturday, September 7, at 7:00 p.m. The number you collect today will count in your grand total. Grand Prizes (at present) are:
1) Two tickets to 2014 Liberty Forum (over a $200 value)
2) Five ounces of silver
3) Two ounces of silver

For more information or to sign the online petition (Concord residents only) visit: No More BEARCATS | No more Ballistic Engineered Armored Response Counter Attack Trucks

BearCat Petition Drive

Saturday, August 31, 2013, 10:00am - 4:00pm.
(Organizers will be arriving at 9am so feel free to show up early and get a head start or hang out and grab some breakfast.)

downstairs at Tandy's Top Shelf
1 Eagle Square, Concord, NH

We will provide the materials, all you will need to do is show up.

The person to collect the most Concord signatures at this event wins 2 Walking Liberty rounds. Second place prize is to be announced soon. Every volunteer will receive a Lindt Excellence chocolate bar!

To qualify for these prizes, all petitions signed on 8/31 must be turned in by 6pm on 8/31. Return them to volunteer organizer at Tandy's.

Even more prizes! If you don't win anything today, you still have a chance to win a prize because we have an overall competition running from 8/24-9/7.

These are grand prizes for the most signatures gathered by Saturday, September 7, at 7:00 p.m. The number you collect today will count in your grand total. Grand Prizes (at present) are:
1) Two tickets to 2014 Liberty Forum (over a $200 value)
2) Five ounces of silver
3) Two ounces of silver

For more information or to sign the online petition (Concord residents only) visit: No More BEARCATS | No more Ballistic Engineered Armored Response Counter Attack Trucks

PROSPECTIVE WINNER TIP: Stand in front of Whole Foods with "It's 4 The Children" banner and rant about GMOs and Free Trade. Instant signatures, no questions asked.

Ok. None of the crap those guys (cops/SWAT) are asking for would have ever stopped Timothy Mcveigh, 911, and the marathon bombings. Not any of it. So, how is this for "our safety"?

What strikes me as odd, in every instance of terrorism noted above, the government had some knowledge of what was going to happen but did nothing to stop it. How does having war material trump knowledge of an act that may take place? These nuts just want to play war on soil that no war is being waged, and go home at the end of the day safe and feeling good because they could dress up like rambow and scare the pants off all the sheeple. Man it's sickening really.

StevensMarksman

To those looking to disable large moving objects similar to Bearcats,, a little "out of the box" thinking is needed here, ALL military type vehicles have tow hooks, which can be used to secure said vehicle from moving. Do we need a picture here??

Back
Top Bottom