• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH permit renewal

I mailed my non-resident renewal in the middle of December and no permit yet. Anyone else?
I just talked to them. She said any time now? We`ll see. It expires tomorrow.

Last edited:
I mailed mine on Dec 12 for a Feb 9 expiration date, and just called on Tuesday (about 3:00PM). She said "It should be in the mail shortly."
I just looked, and my check hasn't been cashed yet, either.

Last edited:
Two people I know recently applied, one got his back in just over a month, and the other has been waiting just over a month.

I mailed mine on Dec 12 for a Feb 9 expiration date, and just called on Tuesday (about 3:00PM). She said "It should be in the mail shortly."
I just looked, and my check hasn't been cashed yet, either.
My bank statement now says the check was cashed on Feb 3.
The same day that I called the licensing office.
Gee, what a coincidence!

My bank statement now says the check was cashed on Feb 3.
The same day that I called the licensing office.
Gee, what a coincidence!

Usually they cash it afterward. When I was in MA and got my NH permit I thought for a month I'd have the permit for free, but then they cashed it.

Arrived today, good for the 5 mos until my next birthday and 4 full yrs after that.

Yup, it's at least 4 years and no more than 5 years, until your birthday. NH residents are hard to get the 'full' 5 years. Residents who get their license on their birthday or a few days after are the 'longest'

Stooooooooopid question?????????? Do they send a notice or is it up to us to renew?????? Also my original took about 5 weeks. The date on it was the same date they cashed the check.....

NH sends a notice ~2 months before expiration. IIRC, I sent my renewal (2007) in the day after I received the notice and it took almost all of that 2 months.

Mass has leaped (leapt?) lurched to the forefront of fiscal responsibility once again in its commitment to save the taxpayer billions of dollars by discontinuing the wasteful practice of notifying residents of upcoming driver's license expirations. (It has nothing to do with making a killing in fines for driving on an expired license.)
I'm assuming other states will follow suit by eliminating the mailing of renewal notices for any type of license.

I mailed mine out on Dec. 4th. I have called and she stated they are about 7 months behind! They still have not cashed my check yet. Mine is going on 8 weeks and I'm getting a little pissed.

Back
Top Bottom