NH Outdoor Learning Center - Whitetail Deer Class

MaverickNH

NES Member
NH Outdoor Learning Center – Excellence In Outdoor Education

I just completed Hunter Safety at Nashua Fish & Game and got my NH Hunting License this year. While I hunted birds in the cornfields of Iowa growing up in the 70’s I’ve not hunted since.

NH Outdoor Learning Center has been around a few years and consists of a school owner and a collection of instructors. I took a Whitetail Deer Class from Steve, the owner, who ran a very nice day course out of a converted home in Wolfeboro, NH and nearby woodlands. The class was a great introduction to deer hunting for a novice like me, and we had a few folks who have hunted but lacked good mentors along too. He had plenty of hands on demo gear and recommendations. The class site will become a “lodge” for classes and clients for his guide service.

The class was a workbook/slide presentation and discussion 830am-230pm, with a delicious home cooked lunch of Elk red sauce on pasta from Steve’s wife, and a 3hr tramp through the woods. Steve grew up local to Wolfeboro so could teach from topo maps, Google Satellite maps and his 40yr experience and that of friends and family to illustrate hunting methods based on weather, terrain, winds, etc. He’s also a NH Guide and guides hunts for all sorts of game.

Have a look at the diversity of class offerings - it looks like I’ll be going back for more!

Back
Top Bottom