NH Opens 1000+ Miles Of New Interconnected ATV Trails 6/15

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Get ready for the ATV riding experience of a lifetime with the Grand Opening on Saturday, June 15, of Ride the Wilds, Coos County, the new 1,000-mile+ interconnected ATV trail system across Coos County that will deliver a riding experience that you have only just long imagined.
The noon to 3 p.m. event at Coleman State Park in Stewartstown is the kick-off to a summer and fall of exciting ATV riding that will allow riders to access more than 1,000 miles of interconnected trails, from Berlin, Gorham, Milan and Errol on the eastern side of the county, through Millsfield and Dixville in the middle, to the Connecticut River towns of Pittsburg, Stewartstown, Colebrook, Stratford, Groveton and Lancaster on the west, all without trailering their rigs from one location to another.

The Grand Opening will feature a traditional ribbon cutting, several keynote speakers, lunch, and guided trail tours. ATV dealers will be on hand showcasing their products and services. “ATV riders are going to love the ‘connectivity’ of the trails – and will be able to head out for a day or more, with opportunities to stop and stay along the way,” says Harry Brown, President of the North Country OHRV Coalition.
NH Grand : Ride The Wilds

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
another reason to love nh, ma requires you to register a quad, which nobody i know bothers, becuase there are only 5 places you can ride, and non of them are in central ma. i may have to go check this out!

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
another reason to love nh, ma requires you to register a quad, which nobody i know bothers, becuase there are only 5 places you can ride, and non of them are in central ma. i may have to go check this out!
So does NH.
A non-resident sticker is $73 a year (unless they raised the price again) and good from 7/1 - 6/30.
I'll finally get to ride my quad again next week, but then I'll have to re-register it when I go back up in July.

Is it just ATVs or are dirtbikes welcome too? I've been contemplating picking up a dirtbike.
Yes, so are 3-wheelers, 6 wheelers and side-by-sides, as long as they aren't too wide for the trails.

PatMcD

NES Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
After riding in Coos County, jump over to the Maine side and enjoy another 6000 miles of ATV trails.

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
One thing the article doesn't mention is if membership in an ATV/Snowmobile club is required.
I know some of the other trails systems are run this way.

caboose84

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has been a long effort for Coos- once the land of paper and lumber mills. The economy has taken a beating over the past twenty years. I wish them well.

They saw the benefits of snowmobiles- and worked to extend it for the summer season- the aim is not yahoo's tearing up the place- but families and couples riding around. Regular folks enjoying themselves- not speed racer.

Towns have lined up roads to allow atv access so you can get to restaurants, gas stations, convenience stores, motels, campgrounds etc... hop on your machine and do a 1k loop without having to trailer anywhere in between.

Jericho State Park (northwest of Berlin) is dedicated to ATV'ers and snow machines in the winter. You can be a little crazier in there.

Yes you have to register- but at least in NH the state has riding areas.

[smile]

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Is there anybody doing ATV rentals up there? Have to admit - an ATV is something I've actually never been on. Never had the need for one or use for one. Sold the dirt bikes years ago too. Told the wife about this and she was actually up for possibly trying it out, but we'd have to rent something.

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Is there anybody doing ATV rentals up there? Have to admit - an ATV is something I've actually never been on. Never had the need for one or use for one. Sold the dirt bikes years ago too. Told the wife about this and she was actually up for possibly trying it out, but we'd have to rent something.
atv rentals,side by sides,prowler

But the rates are staggering! [shocked]

Greg

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Last edited:
Top Bottom