• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH opening morning success

bdb

NES Member
We got in when it was just light enough to see and slid up the right side of some roosted gobblers just going nuts. We got setup and guessed them to be about 100+ yards away. We heard them fly down at 5:30 which I thought was very early. This guy came in like he was on a string with my buddy setup 40 yards behind me doing the calling.

At 20 yards it was bang flop and my NH season was over 30 minutes into legal shooting. I guess it does happen occasionally.

21#, 10" beard and both spurs were 1". My best bird to date.

Attachments

• 2018 spring turkey.jpg
    2018 spring turkey.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 84
Nice bird! I can’t believe the number of birds around now. Not like when I was younger and I am only 35.

I don’t want to hijack your thread but if there is a PAID member looking for a spot in southern Worcester Co. pm me. I gave up turkey hunting cause it doesn’t do anything for me but have a ton or birds on my property and wouldn’t mind seeing a couple popped. I wouldn’t have a problem with 1-3 responsible hunters if you were working in a group calling/shooting. There is plenty of room to set up and really only one neighbor within sight.

congratulations, nice bird.
I can’t believe the number of birds around now.
right. i was going to Harvard yesterday and saw 5 road kills on 495 south and heading home saw 3 on the north bound side. never saw it like this before.

Brian, I’d be happy to pop one for you :) I hadn’t planned on hunting MA as I didn’t have a solid place!

Tail legs and beard now in borax getting ready for fan mount :)

Attachments

• E3BB3C4F-27B8-44C9-B8E5-DBDB1D84843A.jpeg
    E3BB3C4F-27B8-44C9-B8E5-DBDB1D84843A.jpeg
    139.8 KB · Views: 17
Thinking of going down Sunday morning to try for some schoolies but will be around in the afternoon if you wanted to stop by and take a walk. Or I am usually home by 4:30 lately. Can’t do anything tomorrow though.

Back
Top Bottom