• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH open carry?

deerdad

NES Member
Is open carry alright in NH? My daughter and myself were at the beach and saw a guy walking along down the sidewalk with a sidearm strapped on. It was more of a "huh, look at that" more than anything. We were expecting someone to freak about it but we didnt hear anything. I could only imagine if that was in our state.

Greg

Wait, so I can get me a chrome 1911 now and stroll down Hampton beach with it?

f*** yeah.
Or your AR pistol... Oh, wait, you're from the PRM... :D

Even before we had Con Carry in NH, people gave less shits about open carry. In all the times I open carried (before getting my P&R) I never had anyone act scared (or hear about it later). No cops were called, no dog were shot, etc... No F's were given. ;)

But does anyone ever give people shit for it? Like in stores or restaurants?
IME, nope...

I lived in Nashua, NH for 20 years. Maybe I just never noticed it, but I never saw anyone open carrying there, or in nearby towns = ever.

I now live more so in the sticks (of southern NH), and I've seen (noticed) a few random guys, on rare occasion, open carrying at gas stations, market basket, etc...

No one blinks an eye.

Went by the two places that had the legionnaires and held our breathes. LOL. Nice day at the beach though. Be back up for deep sea fishing in a few weeks. Have to hit KTP while up here then.

Greg

I'm seeing it more lately. I've probably seen 5 or 6 in the last two months. Wally World, the gas station, Lowe's, couple other places. No one's ever said anything (that I've heard). In fact, my guess is hardly any one noticed. People are mostly drifting along in their own worlds.

Wait, so I can get me a chrome 1911 now and stroll down Hampton beach with it?

f*** yeah.

Now? Open carry in NH is not a recent development. Legal for decades .Not sure how many decades, but certainly not a new thing.

I would not suggest open carrying in Epping. Otherwise ..only state I've been comfy open carrying in was NH.

Too many moonbats in Cumberland county to chance it in ME. North of Hanover and I think you'd be good to go .

I would not suggest open carrying in Epping. Otherwise ..only state I've been comfy open carrying in was NH.

Epping, NH???

I'll be sure to OC the next time I am there. Also, years back, like probably 6 now, I open carryed into the Irving on 125 to buy a drink. At night. Either the clerks didn't notice, or they didn't care and nothing was said. I also don't dress like a gangbanger so that likely had something to do with it... [smile]

Too many moonbats in Cumberland county to chance it in ME. North of Hanover and I think you'd be good to go .

You can’t get in trouble for NOT breaking the law.

I saw an older guy in the Salem BJs OC last year. Small pocket size gun so doubt anyone else noticed.

While traveling in VT a few years ago I saw some guy carrying an empty holster. Strange. I’ve never noticed anyone in NH, except for the one time I did it. No one cared.

Are there a lot of businesses that ban firearms in NH?

There a few posted signs at just a few very rare establishments.

For example, Cowgirlup and I are headed out the door now to the Hopkinton Fair. They started posting no firearm permitted signage several years back (or at least I stated noticing them several years back).

Back
Top Bottom