NH nonresident purchase

Can I, as a Florida resident purachase a shotgun in New Hampshire?????Is there a waiting period?????Thanks

Yes and no.

It must be purchased from an FFL and they do the 4473 form + NICS and you're on your way.

NH has no idea what a waiting period is! [laugh]

Welcome to the forum.

I lived there for a time and found the best way would be to call your local gun shop and see if they'll do an FFL transfer. Should be Legal as can be.

Not sure where you're going with this, but there is no need for him to transfer it to a FL FFL if that is what you were saying.

I (MA subject) have purchased long guns in NH from an FFL before, walked out with them and drove home. [Since it is MA, I had to do an FA-10 to the state, but that is irrelevant to the OP's questions.]

Not sure where you're going with this, but there is no need for him to transfer it to a FL FFL if that is what you were saying.

I (MA subject) have purchased long guns in NH from an FFL before, walked out with them and drove home. [Since it is MA, I had to do an FA-10 to the state, but that is irrelevant to the OP's questions.]

So what the advantage of having non-resident LTC in NH for a MA resident with LTC-A?? I can buy ammo in NH without problems.
I have been contemplating applying for NH non-resident as I spend some time in summers with family in NH, but can't see what I gain with such a thing.

Last edited:
Please let me clarify-Can I, as a Fl. Resident, walk into a N.H. gun store , Buy and walk out with a shotgun????Thanks

Please let me clarify-Can I, as a Fl. Resident, walk into a N.H. gun store , Buy and walk out with a shotgun????Thanks

I have always been asked for my (MA) gun permit and identification when purchasing long guns, ammo or reloading components in NH. So I do not think it is as easy as walking in and walking out with a gun.

It might also raise a few eyebrows too... I know if I was working in the gun store I might be curious as to why a FL resident is purchasing a gun in NH.

You should also be aware of individual state laws that pertain to the transport of firearms over state lines... FL is a long way from NH.

Try using more question marks. That gets the point across much better.

This was already answered by Len above.

Yes, you can walk in to a gun store, purchase a shotgun, fill out the 4473 and wait for your NICS, and walk out with said shotgun, assuming you pass the NICS.

I was in the walmart in N conway a few days ago. On one of the rifle cases they have a map of the states that is color coded as to who they can sell long guns to. It had, I think, three or four states that they will not sell to.

Knowing Wal-Mart's dumb-ass legal department and "instructions" to their employees, I'll bet MA was one of those "red" (forbidden) states.

Handgun Purchase from NH

Hello everyone... I have a couple of questions: Can I purchase a revolver in NH with my FL LTC and walk out with it ? If not, can I do it with a NH non-resident LTC ?

Last edited:
Listen to Len.

Put it another way: if you can legally purchase a long arm in your state of residence, then you can purchase one like it in NH.

You can only purchase a handgun in your state of residence.

Thanks Duece... How about a NH non-resident LTC ?

Let's try this a different way . . .

Federal LAW prohibits purchase/transfer of any handguns except between residents of the same state or from an FFL in the State of residence of the NEW OWNER!

Doesn't matter what permits you hold, you'd be looking at serious time in a Federal Penitentiary for buying out of state.

Back
Top Bottom