• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH non resident permit?

Mailed: 7/11
Check Cashed: 7/24
Received Permit: 7/28

Less than 3 weeks from mailing the application off to getting the license in hand. Not bad!

So I understand this correctly, and living in MA I still cant wrap my head around it. But from what i understand while I'm waiting for my nonres NH permit to come in I can legally open carry in the state of NH with NO license at all while on foot?

So.... it would be legal to carry while walking around the Pheasant Lane Mall open carrying. I mean I'm all for gun rights, I just know that will get me into a situation. I think i'll just wait for my permit lol

Has anyone open carried in NH in a well populated area like that?

So.... it would be legal to carry while walking around the Pheasant Lane Mall open carrying. I mean I'm all for gun rights, I just know that will get me into a situation. I think i'll just wait for my permit lol

Freedom's tough to wrap your head around, ain't it?

Yes, people have open-carried in well-populated areas, and it's no big deal.

Yep, do it all the time. It is no big deal.

So.... it would be legal to carry while walking around the Pheasant Lane Mall open carrying. I mean I'm all for gun rights, I just know that will get me into a situation. I think i'll just wait for my permit lol. Has anyone open carried in NH in a well populated area like that?
It's "legal" to open carry in Pheasant Lane Mall, but it's also legal for [thread=172761]Simon Mall Security[/thread] to politely ask you to leave their private property.

Due to all the panicky Massachusetts shoppers evading taxes in this border-straddling mall, security staff at Pheasant Lane Mall by all reports will (politely) request you exit the mall if your firearm is even partially visible.

It's "legal" to open carry in Pheasant Lane Mall, but it's also legal for [thread=172761]Simon Mall Security[/thread] to politely ask you to leave their private property.

Due to all the panicky Massachusetts shoppers evading taxes in this border-straddling mall, security staff at Pheasant Lane Mall by all reports will (politely) request you exit the mall if your firearm is even partially visible.

And be *very* careful which way you exit the mall, the Southern Entrance puts you into Mass and there might be a Mass State Trooper waiting there to give you shit for Open Carry in Mass. According to the internet Simon Security will call them.

Yes, it's legal, but 110% stupid because simon malls bans guns universally, so you will be kicked out.

-Mike

So I understand this correctly, and living in MA I still cant wrap my head around it. But from what i understand while I'm waiting for my nonres NH permit to come in I can legally open carry in the state of NH with NO license at all while on foot?

Also, don't forget that if you step into a car with a loaded handgun you're violating the law if you don't have a P/R license. So this basically makes NH's OC free by default thing pretty much worthless, because everyone and thier brothers uncle with a car is going to **** that one up, unless they do something stupid like carry an unloaded handgun around. Of course you WILL forget this and you will break the law, LMAO... that's the whole reason I got a P/R license.

-Mike

Thanks for the info! Makes sense, I forgot about the mall (or any retail store/restaurant) being private property so its the owners discretion.

I sent it in on 7/29
check was cashed on 8/14
Still waiting.................................

Thanks for the info! Makes sense, I forgot about the mall (or any retail store/restaurant) being private property so its the owners discretion.

I sent it in on 7/29
check was cashed on 8/14
Still waiting.................................

My check was cashed about a week and a half ago (I know because I called them) and I haven't gotten it either so I think they are jammed up.

Ugh..... I keep watching the mail box like a crazy person. I think my mail man thinks im insane cause every time he shows up I go sprinting to the mailbox

The other thing I worry about is I had to change my address back in January, I did everything I was supposed to to a T but as everyone knows theres no confirmation. So either they are jammed up or they sent it to the wrong address and I am technical a fellon by now.. Is there a way to confirm my address was changed on my MA LTC?

Ugh..... I keep watching the mail box like a crazy person. I think my mail man thinks im insane cause every time he shows up I go sprinting to the mailbox

The other thing I worry about is I had to change my address back in January, I did everything I was supposed to to a T but as everyone knows theres no confirmation. So either they are jammed up or they sent it to the wrong address and I am technical a fellon by now.. Is there a way to confirm my address was changed on my MA LTC?

Maybe. Go to the eFA-10 website and do the verification of LTC. Not sure if that carries your address but if it does you'll know for certain.

Maybe. Go to the eFA-10 website and do the verification of LTC. Not sure if that carries your address but if it does you'll know for certain.

Hey thanks. Never used the site before. thats pretty usefull. and yes it was updated :) I hate that everything gets registered and what not but its cool I can pull up my own info in the unknown world of Mass FRB

Back
Top Bottom