• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH non resident permit?

Here is my first-time, non-resident, NH permit timeline

Application mailed via Priority Mail: Thursday, December 22, 2011 (no delivery confirmation)
Application fee check cashed by NH Treasurer: Friday, January 6, 2012 (cleared my bank on Tuesday, January 9)
Permit mailed, postmarked Friday, January 13, 2012 (I don't recall the day I got it out of the mail.)

The permit issue date printed on the permit is January 5, 2012, the day before the check was taken to the bank by the NH Treasurer's Office.

I'm shocked . . .

Mailed 1/14/2012
Ck cleared my bank 1/24/2012
Envelope postmarked 1/26/2012
Renewal received 1/28/2012

Looks like they are back on "schedule".

BTW, they only issued 41K NR permits over the past 4 years (based on Permit #s, current vs. renewal).

Hi all, if this question has been answered in the past, I apologize. I am renewing my NH license, and noted on the application instructions that one needs to write "Protection" or "All Proper Purposes" for a license to be issued (you can list one or more of these reasons). I understand what "Protection" means, but what does "All proper purposes" mean, and what are others writing on the application? Am I correct that I should have no problem in renewing my license? I have no reasons for denial. Thanks.

Just write both.. I did and no problems. I'd assume all proper would mean all legal purposes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Hi all, if this question has been answered in the past, I apologize. I am renewing my NH license, and noted on the application instructions that one needs to write "Protection" or "All Proper Purposes" for a license to be issued (you can list one or more of these reasons). I understand what "Protection" means, but what does "All proper purposes" mean, and what are others writing on the application? Am I correct that I should have no problem in renewing my license? I have no reasons for denial. Thanks.

Just put in all proper purposes. That's nothing but a formality, I don't even know why they bother. (it doesn't mean anything legally).

-Mike

Quick question. I live in MA and have a NH non res permit, I am moving to another apt in MA still and wanted to know who do I need to notify for my NH non res permit?

The RSA says, "in writing" so, in writing (159:6-b II). I have no idea what they do, and I wonder about how it applies (if at all) to non-res license. The language is peculiar when it comes to non-res permits, since the licensing authority stays the same and you were never "a resident of the community in which the license was issued."

Stupid question Warning. On the end of the application there is an "Approved" and "Date" line... Are those for their filing purposes or me to put something?

So, had an envelop on the counter today from NH, thinking it was my license. Nope. It was my application and check, with a cover letter stating that they need a photocopy of my Ma. LTC, front and back.

Stapled with my application, is my 2 photocopies of the front and back of my LTC! WTF

Called up and explained, and she says, oops, sorry, must not have seen that, just send it back in.

For anyone who wants to know..i sent in the letter for the change of address(non res permit) 2 weeks ago and got a reply today saying that i need to send a check for $3 for a new card with my new address. Thanks

For anyone who wants to know..i sent in the letter for the change of address(non res permit) 2 weeks ago and got a reply today saying that i need to send a check for $3 for a new card with my new address. Thanks

You don't have to send the $3 that's if you want I called them up and told them I just wanted to notify them about my change of Address I don't need a new license she said okay she put it In the Computer and that was it, and this was 3days ago

OK, near the beginning of this thread, there was something about N.H. NOT issuing to Ma. subjects that have 'restricted' LTC's. In some of these more recent posts, it looks like they do now. Is this true or is my reading comprehension really going down the tubes?

OK, near the beginning of this thread, there was something about N.H. NOT issuing to Ma. subjects that have 'restricted' LTC's. In some of these more recent posts, it looks like they do now. Is this true or is my reading comprehension really going down the tubes?

My best recollection of this issue is that for some reason the permit office up there has gone retarded twice, and since being corrected the 2nd time by GONH or someone like that, has stopped blocking issuance to restricted MA LTC holders... so in other words, it shouldn't be a problem if someone down here has a restricted license.

-Mike

Bill Katt:2302154 said:

I have a restricted ltc and they issued me a nh non res permit so you should be all set.

Anyone here know what the minimum renewal interval for an NH permit is? (eg, will they bounce the app is you send it in a couple months early?) Mine is toast in a couple months or so, I just assume put the paperwork in the mail now and get it done.

-Mike

I just got my NH non-res permit in the mail. I think it took about 3-4 weeks after I mailed in the application. Now I can carry in the state where I spend about 75% of my time.

Anyone here know what the minimum renewal interval for an NH permit is? (eg, will they bounce the app is you send it in a couple months early?) Mine is toast in a couple months or so, I just assume put the paperwork in the mail now and get it done.

-Mike

OK I'm going to answer my own question.... NH actually sent me a renewal notice in the mail, so I would presume they're ready to accept an application for a renewal about 2 months out. [laugh]

-Mike

OK I'm going to answer my own question.... NH actually sent me a renewal notice in the mail, so I would presume they're ready to accept an application for a renewal about 2 months out. [laugh]

-Mike

I'm glad you got your answer and shared it. Your question left this place with nothing but tumbleweeds. LOL

Just found out today that I have been approved for my NH non-resident pistol permit. Does the non-resident pistol permit give me reciprocity with those 22 other previously stated states? or does the NH permit have to be a resident?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom