NH Non-Resident Permit Valid While Waiting for Renewal?

TWtommers

Instructor
NES Member
I tried searching for this both here and the general interwebs but wouldn't find an answer. My NH non-resident permit expires July 31st. My renewal application was sent last week (I know, I know, it got away from me) but I'm headed to NH this weekend (August 1st is Saturday). Is there a grace period for the non-resident permit if you've submitted your application?

[thread=155300]No grace period in the law[/thread]. It's recommended to renew early, as it will still expire based on your birthday:
Saf-C 2102.04 said:
Expiration of License.
(a) A license to carry pistols or revolvers that is issued in accordance with RSA 159:6 and these rules, shall have an expiration date of the later date between the following:
(1) Four years from the date of issue; or
(2) The last day of the month of the fourth anniversary of the license holder’s date of birth following the date of issuance.​
So if your license expires July 31st and you apply or renew on March 1st you get 3 months for free [smile]

Last edited:
I actually called NHSP Licensing Unit and asked them once when my renewal took >1 month (ran out of plastic was the excuse) some years ago. As noted above, it's "gone" when it expires, no grace period.

I get my NH renewals in the USMail the day after I get the renewal application in the Mail.

Back
Top Bottom