• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH Non-Resident LTC

I was thinking of applying for my NH Non-Resident LTC and putting down a request for an ALP. Does anyone have any advise on this? Does NH typically issue all an ALP for non-residents?

Reason for me applying for this is because I travel to NH quite often because of friends and family and often stay for extended periods of time.

Thanks

NH permits do NOT list "reasons" or "restrictions". It is a CCW, plain and simple. It is either issued (assuming no DQs by statute) or denied if you are DQ'd. Occasionally someone up there decides to "interpret" the RSAs like in MA until they get slapped down, since the RSAs do NOT allow for "discretion" or invented requirements.

It cost $20 for NRs, so if someone charged xstickfightx more, they violated the RSAs.

No justification needed, just put "all lawful purposes" on the app and you are good to go.

NH permits do NOT list "reasons" or "restrictions". It is a CCW, plain and simple. It is either issued (assuming no DQs by statute) or denied if you are DQ'd. Occasionally someone up there decides to "interpret" the RSAs like in MA until they get slapped down, since the RSAs do NOT allow for "discretion" or invented requirements.

It cost $20 for NRs, so if someone charged xstickfightx more, they violated the RSAs.

No justification needed, just put "all lawful purposes" on the app and you are good to go.

hell, it even tells you what to put for reason of issuance on the form, how awesome is THAT?![grin]

Jeremy, I just looked at my copy of my last application for NH. I did read the instructions and used their wording. [wink]

I'm certain that using anything like their recommended wording will work. Remember they don't have "discretion" to declare someone "unsuitable" for not reading the instructions. [laugh]

I'm certain that using anything like their recommended wording will work. Remember they don't have "discretion" to declare someone "unsuitable" for not reading the instructions. [laugh]

Right, exactly. In fact the question even seems somewhat ridiculous when they just tell you point blank what to put down. They might as well just pre-fill the field for you. I think the question is only there on the application because the laws says it has to be. Unless you put down something like, "for Jedi training," I've no doubt that whoever reads the app doesn't give it more than a half second's glance.

Right, exactly. In fact the question even seems somewhat ridiculous when they just tell you point blank what to put down. They might as well just pre-fill the field for you. I think the question is only there on the application because the laws says it has to be. Unless you put down something like, "for Jedi training," I've no doubt that whoever reads the app doesn't give it more than a half second's glance.

Are you telling me you're not training to be a Jedi? [shocked]Oh the shame, I've lost all respect.[wink]

Are you telling me you're not training to be a Jedi? [shocked]Oh the shame, I've lost all respect.[wink]

No way! Sith is where it's at, man.

vader.gif

NH

I was thinking of applying for my NH Non-Resident LTC and putting down a request for an ALP. Does anyone have any advise on this? Does NH typically issue all an ALP for non-residents?

Reason for me applying for this is because I travel to NH quite often because of friends and family and often stay for extended periods of time.

Thanks
I just sent in my renewal. No excuse to not have one. $20.00 and a simple form.

i just recieved mine last week. $20 / 4 years.

they are VERY backed up right now. mine took approx. 6 weeks from date of mailing to date i received it.

Just filled out my application and wrote out the check. Like you all said, for 20 bucks, you can't go wrong.

Thanks for all the info.

Back
Top Bottom