• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH Non-Resident LTC Wait Time?

Has anyone recently applied for a NH Non-Resident LTC? I sent in my application and check over two months ago. I haven't heard anything yet. Check hasn't been cashed and I haven't received a return letter either.

Anyone else experiencing this kind of latency? Is there anyone I can contact to confirm my application was received?

Contact NHSP licensing unit. Phone number is on website and might be on application form (unsure), check if you kept a copy of what you sent them.

Yeah, there is a number you can call and leave a message, I think it was if nothing has happened in 6 weeks but I never got to the time that I felt like leaving a message. I did it back in Sept and got it in a little less than a month, I had actually missed a section of the form the first time I filled it out and they mailed it back to me with a post-it telling me to fill that section out and then send it back in. (I think I missed signing on one part or something, was pretty embarrassed I had screwed up but in MA they would have probably just denied the application taken my money and laughed it off)

Legally speaking, they have two weeks (14 days). In practice, I've seen other members report that it takes about a month because the USPS is slow. So two months is definitely abnormal.

I have to renew my non- resident NH permit soon. It expires the end of July and on the application I recall it saying that the renewal should be sent in no sooner than 30 days in advance.

Has anyone sent a renewal in before the 30 days and had a problem?

Thanks all for the suggestions. I put a call into the NHSP and left a message. Hopefully they get back to me quickly.

It's not the USPS that is being slow here. [wink]

I agree. I regularly get 1st Class Mail from CA in 4-5 days, IL in ~3 days and major cities in NY in 1 day (2 being worst case), so 1-2 weeks from Concord NH to anywhere in New England that has paved roadways . . . someone is BS'g you.

I agree. I regularly get 1st Class Mail from CA in 4-5 days, IL in ~3 days and major cities in NY in 1 day (2 being worst case), so 1-2 weeks from Concord NH to anywhere in New England that has paved roadways . . . someone is BS'g you.

I think what they do is, process the inbound applications and then simply throw them into an outbound mail bin. They sit there until there are X amount to do a large mail out. I've heard about licenses being issued and not being mailed out for weeks. But hey, they were issued within 14 days. Go figure.

That is why Certified mail is so important for this kind of material. You would have a record that "Someone" received it, That would initiate the 14 day clock.

+1

Certified mail seems like a PITA untill you don't know whether something arrive or if someone is just leaving it to stew in a pile.

Initially took almost exactly 2 weeks. Sent in my renewal 3 weeks ago, nothing yet.

FOLLOW UP - Took a little over 3 weeks for renewal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom