• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH non res

I sent in my NH non-res about a month ago. No correspondence, and my check hasn’t been cashed.

I'm a freedom-loving NH resident with no love for MA, but someone will have to explain to me why I (or, I guess, anyone) should be upset that someone gets a NR P&RL. Why is it even worth a post? "I wouldn't do what you did, so I'm mad at you for doing it?"

Last edited:
why do you need one?

Constitutional Carry is the law here, a NH non res is not valid for reciprocity in many states (Florida for example)

But it is valid in a lot of states. And this combined with a non-res for Utah will get you reciprocity in a lot of states. And those two don't require you to have an LTC in your home state to get them. So if you live in a super anti state, like CA or even MA, you can still be covered in most states.

And OP, give it 3 weeks then give them a call. Anyone know if the state non-res P&R has the same time limit for processing that the res P&R does?

For when the day comes that some twit removes CC and having one already active prevents the mad rush.
Not gonna happen up here.

Everyone has guns. NH is a top state for per capita gun ownership, perhaps #2 or #3.

Even with the moonbat influx at the southern border CC isn't going anywhere.

Not gonna happen up here.

Everyone has guns. NH is a top state for per capita gun ownership, perhaps #2 or #3.

Even with the moonbat influx at the southern border CC isn't going anywhere.
This is what I hope too, but don't get complacent, remember what happened in VT.

There is another reason for acquiring a NR despite "constitutional carry."

Federal law makes it a crime 5o carry a firearm within 1,000 feet of a school. There is an exemption if one has a pistol permit issued by the state you're in.

There is another reason for acquiring a NR despite "constitutional carry."

Federal law makes it a crime 5o carry a firearm within 1,000 feet of a school. There is an exemption if one has a pistol permit issued by the state you're in.

I was not aware of this.

I was not aware of this.

Yes, it's true.

The bottom-line for firearms around schools in New Hampshire:
  1. There is no state requirement to be licensed to carry a firearm openly or concealed
  2. There is no state prohibition from carrying firearms near a school
  3. There is a Federal prohibition from carrying a firearm within 1,000 feet of a school without a license
  4. There is no Federal requirement that a firearm carried near a school be concealed

Ok so on an atv or snowmobile to concealed carry you need the License. I thought they did away with that nonsense. I had been up here for over a year in Derry. For some reason I thought they voted that in.

Atv/side by/sled is due to fish and game laws, which as previously mentioned did not get amended with CC. Plus, carry in schools.

Yes, if you have a P&R license. When they went to constitutional carry the thing that requires a P/R license on an ATV was not removed, because it exists in a separate section of law compared to what got amended by the constitutional carry legislation. This basically happened as an unintentional oversight.... but they are stuck with it for now, because democrats hold the seats.
NHF&G keeps pushing back on the ATV law...say's it's to reduce poaching...sure it is. NHF&G is a huge cadre of FUDs.

Last edited:
I was not aware of this.
At this point in time, NH doesn't recognize the federal law vis a vis, carrying in and around schools. The thing is no one wants to be a test case...but, concealed means concealed...just sayin'. If the current NH legislative body has their way, even a having permit won't allow you withing 1000' of a school.

Last edited:
I called today and left a VM per their instructions. I'm guessing they're getting flooded by Non-Res permit applications.

You are good to go! And tell F&G to get off your lawn. :cool:
They weren't on my lawn, I was standing behind him in line at Yaya's paying for my lunch.
I'm always running into some type Police or Fire at Yaya's. They're next to the Twin Mtn Fire Station, under a mile from Carroll Police,
Troop "F" State Police and my house.

Last edited:
They weren't on my lawn, I was standing behind him in line at Yaya's paying for my lunch.
I'm always running into some type Police or Fire at Yaya's. They're next to the Twin Mtn Fire Station, under a mile from Carroll Police,
Troop "F" State Police and my house.

I know the place well. As a matter of fact, we had grinders from there today. [rockon]

My New Hampshire non-res expires August 31st. I haven’t received a renewal form yet. Should I get in touch? Download a form online and mail it in? I normally would’ve had one by now.

My New Hampshire non-res expires August 31st. I haven’t received a renewal form yet. Should I get in touch? Download a form online and mail it in? I normally would’ve had one by now.
Get it done, download pdf, print, follow directions, done.

Get it done, download pdf, print, follow directions, done.
Thanks Mike. I figured as much. I kept checking the mail, saying to myself, “where the hell is that renewal application?“
I guess I’ll get on that now.

Back
Top Bottom