• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH non res

jhagberg88

NES Member
Has anyone submitted one lately? I sent mine in a couple weeks ago and the check still hadn’t been cashed.

Jason

why do you need one?

Constitutional Carry is the law here, a NH non res is not valid for reciprocity in many states (Florida for example)

For what? We have Constitutional Carry there

There's a few reasons why people want a NH non-res:

(1) In some states like RI or NJ, where a carry permit isn't necessary to own guns but carry permits are necessary to lawfully carry but may be convoluted to obtain, a NH non-res helps;
(2) Reciprocity, although limited like @appraiser said; and
(3) If someone just generally prefers to have the permit.

guys, a non res carrying concealed in a vehicle...covered by constitutional carry laws?

I thought NH aloud atv carry

Yes, if you have a P&R license. When they went to constitutional carry the thing that requires a P/R license on an ATV was not removed, because it exists in a separate section of law compared to what got amended by the constitutional carry legislation. This basically happened as an unintentional oversight.... but they are stuck with it for now, because democrats hold the seats.

This is garbage. This is why NH needs to build a wall. To keep this kind of thinking in Massachusetts. Where it doesn't infect freedom elsewhere.

View attachment 363722
Wall it off all you like. It's not going to help. The people are already in place. It's just a matter of time. I kept both NH and Maine active. Every single friend in Maine who had a carry permit kept it or plans on keeping it active. Unless you're a skin flint there really is no down side IMO

Wall it off all you like. It's not going to help. The people are already in place. It's just a matter of time. I kept both NH and Maine active. Every single friend in Maine who had a carry permit kept it or plans on keeping it active. Unless you're a skin flint there really is no down side IMO

People said that stuff like this was going to happen the last time the dems took over the legislature in NH. Then guess what happened... it flipped back. and it will
again. Since I have been on NES the legislature has flipped from D to R and back like 3, 4 times now? I forget.

People said that stuff like this was going to happen the last time the dems took over the legislature in NH. Then guess what happened... it flipped back. and it will
again. Since I have been on NES the legislature has flipped from D to R and back like 3, 4 times now? I forget.

Yes, but has the perfect storm hit yet, i.e., a Dem governor with a Dem controlled general court?

As far as I can tell, Wyoming accepts NH non res as the have constitutional carry but only for their residents.

Pull your head out of your ass and stop thinking like someone who doesn't have any individual liberty whatsoever. This is pessimistic garbage. Keep your garbage in Mass, where it belongs.
Head up my ass? Really? Insulting another member doesn't make you a tough guy nor the smartest person in the room.

I already had the f***ing Non Resident license and have had it for as long as I've had my Maine permit and owned a home there so about 24 years now. There is no downside IMO.

Never once said it was going to happen so I'm not being a Debbie Downer. Simply saying if it does I won't GAF. That's the sole purpose of keeping it.
I, in no way trust politicians. Not now, not ever, not here in MA or in Maine.

Yes, but has the perfect storm hit yet, i.e., a Dem governor with a Dem controlled general court?

Probably at least once under Lynch. Lynch was a lot more moderate than the current crop of dems, though.

-Mike

There's a few reasons why people want a NH non-res:

(1) In some states like RI or NJ, where a carry permit isn't necessary to own guns but carry permits are necessary to lawfully carry but may be convoluted to obtain, a NH non-res helps;
(2) Reciprocity, although limited like @appraiser said; and
(3) If someone just generally prefers to have the permit.

What kind of crack are you smoking? A NH non-resident license isn't going to do jack shit for you in NJ.

I maintain my NH and ME non res... in fact I sent in my renewals a week or two ago

Wasnt it required when they first changed and you needed it to drive while carrying?

Hold up. Like a man once said: You can fix ignorance but you can't fix stupid, so I plead ignorance here. Do I understand that as a MA resident (sucks, I know) I can CCW in NH w/o a NH specfic carry license? Fix my ignorance.

Hold up. Like a man once said: You can fix ignorance but you can't fix stupid, so I plead ignorance here. Do I understand that as a MA resident (sucks, I know) I can CCW in NH w/o a NH specfic carry license? Fix my ignorance.

Yes. Concealed carry, open carry, mask carry, jock strap carry - whatever makes you happy.

(And can we get a God Bless NH?)

Back
Top Bottom