NH Non-Res Renewal

LittleCalm

NES Member
Apologies if this has been ansewered somewhere, but does anyone know whether the renewal form is same as the initial application form? A quick search turned up the initial application form. I can’t remember what I did last time I renewed. And I am aware of arguments for and against having a NH NR permit now that NH has Con Carry. Thanks.

The last time I renewed it was the same form. As one-eyed mentions, there is a section/check box for new or renewal

Thx. I’ll check the form. Presumably all the same stuff applies for the renewal (references for example). The NH website does say that there are some things no longer required due to a NH Supreme Court case (like copy of MA LTC).

Also, the NH webpage lists states that recognize the NH resident pistol permit. But it essentially says that it is up to the permit holder to determine whether a state recognizes the NH non-resident permit. Does anyone know what states recognize the non-res permit?

Also, the NH webpage lists states that recognize the NH resident pistol permit. But it essentially says that it is up to the permit holder to determine whether a state recognizes the NH non-resident permit. Does anyone know what states recognize the non-res permit?
There are sites that have this info. Google around. Jack.

USA Carry site has a reactive map.

The form for renewal is mailed out to current holders of NR P/R licenses. It is NOT the same as the initial issue form and comes to you pre-filled out with your info. That has been my experience since I got my first NH NR P/R in 1999.

I did not get a form mailed to me to renew, simply filled out the form, it has a place for your current permit number if renewal:

upload_2019-3-22_10-41-31.png

And I got my new license in the mail before the check even cleared!!

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-22_10-41-4.png
    upload_2019-3-22_10-41-4.png
    41.8 KB · Views: 13
Mine expires in a couple months and I have not received any renewal letter. Should I call the state?

Mine expires in a couple months and I have not received any renewal letter. Should I call the state?

I had a NH P&R license for around thirty years. I never once received a renewal letter. It's up to you to be aware of the expiration date. Ask me how I know.

Hint - it lead to an expired license for around nine months. I never once left the pistol home because it took that long before I knew it was expired.

I’m only saying I’d rather use a shorter renewal form if that in fact exists. I’m not worried about anything timing wise.

JFC, how short do you actually expect it to be? You can't fill in your own name and address? Seriously?

Dude, put down the triple shot of espresso. I am talking about avoiding things like having to put down references, copy of LTC, etc. Basically all the unnecessary stuff besides your name and address. So, yeah, the shorter the form the better.

Dude, put down the triple shot of espresso. I am talking about avoiding things like having to put down references, copy of LTC, etc. Basically all the unnecessary stuff besides your name and address. So, yeah, the shorter the form the better.

[laugh2]
You'll still have to put down references. I guess the state will have to put together a two day training class to help you through the long NH P&R license application process. [rolleyes]

There are sites that have this info. Google around. Jack.
QUOTE="mothybee, post: 6241641, member: 56352"]USA Carry site has a reactive map.[/QUOTE]

LittleCalm - As mentioned by others, there are some pretty good websites - and apps. I have had good experience with the CCW app. They update the data frequently. It has all the info I need in an easy to use UI. For your question, one enters the states they have permits in and the app displays where they will be recognized and other useful information. Even if you don't have a permit in a state, you can model coverage by adding a state. Florida seems to be my best option there. Hope this helps...

Attachments

• CCW Map.pdf
    280.9 KB · Views: 3
  • CCW Splash.pdf
    331.3 KB · Views: 5

What copy of your LTC? What are you talking about?

The form for renewal is mailed out to current holders of NR P/R licenses. It is NOT the same as the initial issue form and comes to you pre-filled out with your info. That has been my experience since I got my first NH NR P/R in 1999.
Absolutely not how it worked when we filed to renew our NH non-res's P&RL's
a month and a half ago.

No advance notice,
no half-filled out renewal form supplied by NH,
same kind of form as an initial application.

After all, page 1 has a pair of check boxes for Original/Renewal,
and fields for existing P&RL license number and expiration
in the case of Renewals.

Print the PDF from the state's web site,
fill it out,
mail it in.

And as @LittleCalm alludes above,
between 8/13 and 3/17, the form was changed to
no longer ask whether the applicant has ever been convicted of
a misdemeanor involving drugs or violence;
and there is an embarrassingly large blank space near the top of page 2
where they used to demand a copy of applicant's home state license,
or a pinky swear from Vermont residents' local cops
that the applicant is a stand-up guy.

We applied in lockstep on 23-Jan'19,
and got the renewals on 2-Feb'19.

On my last renewal (~3 yrs ago IIRC) and prior renewals I received a pre-filled in form ~4 weeks prior to expiration. Maybe like our RMV, they decided not to pay postage to notify folks anymore?

Apparently some animals are more equal than other, Len.
(Heh).
Nothing special, they used to Mail renewal apps out to everyone. I've had my NH NR P/R License since 1999 so I've gone thru a lot of renewals and I know others that received the notices as well.

On my last renewal (~3 yrs ago IIRC) and prior renewals I received a pre-filled in form ~4 weeks prior to expiration. Maybe like our RMV, they decided not to pay postage to notify folks anymore?

I believe that their practices have just been inconsistent, or maybe rapidly changing. When I renewed in 2013, they mailed me a blank application form. When I renewed in 2018, they didn't send me any sort of advance notice that my license needed to be renewed. I simply printed out a blank form from the website, filled it out, and mailed it in. In both instances, my renewal was processed very quickly.

Just to emphasize I'm teasing:
It's fun to imagine 33 Hazen Dr. was all,
"Len's coming up for renewal - better treat him right!"
I don't know that anyone goes up there. I've driven by Hazen Drive and commented to my Wife what was up there but never stopped. All done by Mail and phone once after they screwed up and issued the renewal with an expiration date of 2 weeks after the issued date!

I believe that their practices have just been inconsistent, or maybe rapidly changing. When I renewed in 2013, they mailed me a blank application form. When I renewed in 2018, they didn't send me any sort of advance notice that my license needed to be renewed. I simply printed out a blank form from the website, filled it out, and mailed it in. In both instances, my renewal was processed very quickly.
I suspect the rapid increase in postage rates have a lot to do with why they stopped mailing notices/forms out.

My NH non-resident expired in December 2018. Never got a renewal notice and was about to renew, when I read that you no longer need to have a non-resident permit to ccw in NH. Also, the $100 few for the non-resident permit helped my decision as well. Understand why someone may want one anyway, but I dont have that need.

Back
Top Bottom