• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH Non-Res LTC Help

When applying for my NH Non-res license you must state a reason why you're applying for it. Any suggestions for what reasons to state, is for self protection a sufficient reason to them?

Any reason you want of the available ones is fine.

Just pick "Self Defense" and be done with it.

This is NH, no need to worry about what reason to pick as all reasons are valid regardless of what reason you chose on the application.

Read the instructions on the back/2nd page.

DSSP 260 said:
A license to carry a loaded handgun may be issued for PROTECTION or ALL PROPER PURPOSES. One or more of these reasons must be noted on the application, in the space provided for reason(s) for which you make application to carry a pistol in New Hampshire.

Direct from the RSA governing them:

" Hunting, target shooting, or self-defense shall be considered a proper purpose. The license shall be valid for all allowable purposes regardless of the purpose for which it was originally issued."

So you could put anything really.

I always get concerned when someone's reading comprehension is poor enough to completely miss what it basically say to do right in the directions on the form!!!

I always get concerned when someone's reading comprehension is poor enough to completely miss what it basically say to do right in the directions on the form!!!

Yes, because the instructions on forms are always both very clear and always accurate. As it turns out, the instructions that are given in regards to what is being discussed is worded differently than the actual NH RSA (law) governing the issuance of pistol licenses.

He just has a case of "BashedMassitas"....when you've been pummeled so badly by a communist state that you expect the same no matter what state you deal with. I'll give him a pass.

I was tempted to write ""All Purposes" just to see if they'd reject it.

Since I doubt they read that far down, you could probably get away with writing ""All Purposes" in that space [hmmm]

...or has any proper purpose...self-defense shall be considered a proper purpose.

Honestly, if they revise the form, they should just get rid of it. It's really a waste of three seconds.
Based on the rulemaking around RSA 159:6, I don't know that they can eliminate the field on the form without a change to the law.

In theory, you could be denied because you filled in the field with an improper purpose.

I dare someone to write "Zombies" in that field. Like people used to do on ATF Form 1.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom