NH Non-Res change of address. Issues?

So I'm digging thru my licensing and I notice my NH non-res has expired. I also moved last year. I puckered up pretty good, because of being a Mass resident and the 30-day notice laws we have here. It never crossed my mind to check the other states, sigh...

I sent my paperwork into NH State Police a couple weeks ago and I haven't seen my check clear the banks. I called, and nobody picks up on either the licensing phone #, or the Support Division phone #.

I've done some digging and while there is a clause to require residents to notify, I can't find a single clause stating a non-res is required to notify, although there is a comment about submitting written notice and $3. Anybody know differently?

I doubt your move will be an issue with the renewal.

NHSP is always slow about processing non-resident P&R; that office is short-staffed at the best of times, and the holidays are probably making their usual delay that much longer.

Yeah, I moved a year ago, it expired this past August. I just caught it because I have family in NH, and they were expressing interest in getting their P&R. I pulled mine out to show them differences between each state, and that's when I noticed it had expired.

Packing everything into the trunk is a pita, but C'est la vie...I should've paid more attention to the expiration.

It's not MA, I wouldn't sweat it. You applied to renew (although they may have rules on a full application if expired more than x months, check the RSA) with your new address and I'm sure all will be well.

It's not MA, I wouldn't sweat it. You applied to renew (although they may have rules on a full application if expired more than x months, check the RSA) with your new address and I'm sure all will be well.
I hedged my bets and did the full app. [smile]

I just checked my Maine regs, and per their regulations:
"If you moved over 30 days prior without notifying us, not only are you a NEW applicant, your current permit is also invalid - you are prohibited from carrying a concealed handgun"

I wonder if this still applies now that Maine is a constitutional carry state?

You applied to renew (although they may have rules on a full application if expired more than x months, check the RSA) with your new address and I'm sure all will be well.
Other than the "Renewal" checkbox, New Hampshire P&R form does not differentiate between a renewal application and a new application, same form, same processing time.

I sent in the notice along with $3 for a new license when I moved years ago and never heard anything. Never got a notice for renewal either. Mine expires at the end of this month. I sent in my renewal a few weeks ago, hopefully they'll cash my check and send me a f'n license.

Just wanted to update and say I called a few minutes ago and was able to speak to a woman who told me my check was cashed a few days ago, my license was printed and awaiting quality control. I guess they're just backed up like Mass.

Back
Top Bottom