• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH: National Guard chief won't answer questions about gun confiscation in a disaster

Guardsman faces unconventional questions from a free stater (aka me) during Bedford, NH disaster drill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lpz_KRc6i3Q

Want gun freedom? Move to NH!
http://FreeStateProject.org

I'm very familiar with how National Guard domestic response training events......and any national guard event that takes place in the public eye. Soldiers receive briefings that tell us to stick to the event that is taking place (he did that) and not answer anything to do with politics......and to refer any reporter that keeps asking questions outside the scope of the operation at hand to speak to the public affairs officer. This CW4 did all of those things. Now.......I'll state that this particular CW4 acted professionally and responsibly according to his ORDERS! For you guys out there that have never served you need to realize that if he had answered political questions or discussed anything other than the operation he was taking part in WHILE IN UNIFORM his career would be over. Now to go deeper.....he is a CW4 aviation liason......now while the rank of CW4 is VERY respectable........he probably has zero......zero.....intelligence as to if the NH guard would be involved in gun confiscations. So if you watched this and started thinking he was avoiding questions because he knows some big friggin secret and is keeping it from the public......think again and cut him some slack as he Is a warrant officer and a soldier just following orders.

I'm very familiar with how National Guard domestic response training events......and any national guard event that takes place in the public eye. Soldiers receive briefings that tell us to stick to the event that is taking place (he did that) and not answer anything to do with politics......and to refer any reporter that keeps asking questions outside the scope of the operation at hand to speak to the public affairs officer. This CW4 did all of those things. Now.......I'll state that this particular CW4 acted professionally and responsibly according to his ORDERS! For you guys out there that have never served you need to realize that if he had answered political questions or discussed anything other than the operation he was taking part in WHILE IN UNIFORM his career would be over. Now to go deeper.....he is a CW4 aviation liason......now while the rank of CW4 is VERY respectable........he probably has zero......zero.....intelligence as to if the NH guard would be involved in gun confiscations. So if you watched this and started thinking he was avoiding questions because he knows some big friggin secret and is keeping it from the public......think again and cut him some slack as he Is a warrant officer and a soldier just following orders.
But but but but maaaaaaaaa I wanna wear my tinfoil today!!!!!!

I appreciate your efforts to stave off the tinfoil... but NES has caused a shortage so I find it unlikely to stay gone for long.

I'll give a brief example: Obviously I would ignore any orders if deployed domestically in any sort of relief effort to confiscate firearms (as they would be unlawful)... if you were asking me as I was acting in an official capacity, I wouldn't answer you.

Mike

I appreciate your efforts to stave off the tinfoil... but NES has caused a shortage so I find it unlikely to stay gone for long.

I'll give a brief example: Obviously I would ignore any orders if deployed domestically in any sort of relief effort to confiscate firearms (as they would be unlawful)... if you were asking me as I was acting in an official capacity, I wouldn't answer you.

Mike

I figured I'd at least try to keep the tin foil at bay....at least for 10 or 15 posts. I'm sure it'll be back.

And......I hear ya on the other comment and am pickin up what u r puttin down!!!!!

What the hell would you expect him to answer?
Seemed very professional, and articulate...as should be expected.

Exactly. He's a CW4 Aviation liason representative who no doubt knows little of the political stuff and as mentioned, he'd be very severely chastised if he were to even express his opinions on same.

The questions of a political nature were bull$hit questions of a totally irrelevent nature to the exercise taking place.

Also, at the end of the day, who gives a **** how he answers? How will you answer IF they come for your weapons? I'm pretty confident the armed people of NH will shout down any means of confiscation. If they try it will make what happened at the Bundy ranch look like a day at Santa's Village.

Had he said something like "I follow orders" or "If I was ordered too", then this would be an issue. But that isn't what happened. He didn't answer because he couldn't answer. It isn't his place to answer those questions while in uniform representing the NH National Guard. This is a non-issue. Ridley was just doing his standard questioning routine. Heck, even he seemed to recognize and respect that his questions weren't likely to be answered, and didn't make a deal out of it.

+1

Dave, there is no grand conspiracy afoot with this CW-4. He is not going to potentially throw away his career to answer your questions. Every soldier from an E-1 private on up knows that you don't talk to the press. That's why there is a PAO (public affairs officer)

Back
Top Bottom