• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH: most machine guns per capita

KBCraig

NES Member
Before you get too excited, you probably can't own most of them, since many are post-'86 guns that are made here.

http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130120/GJNEWS_01/130129919

DOVER — The number of automatic weapons in New Hampshire increased dramatically after 2010, according to federal firearms records, although it remains unclear whether the growth is being driven by civilians, law enforcement or the military.

The number of registered machine guns in New Hampshire spiked 80 percent between the end of 2010 and March 2012, according to the most current data available from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF).

ATF data indicates there were 9,863 registered machine guns in New Hampshire as of last March, up from 5,479 in December 2010.

A Foster's Sunday Citizen analysis found that there are now an estimated 7.5 machine guns in New Hampshire for every 1,000 people in the state, based on ATF data and the latest population estimates from the U.S. Census Bureau.

That ratio is higher than anywhere else in the United States or Puerto Rico. The second highest ratio is found in the District of Columbia, where there were 6.77 machine guns for every 1,000 people. Connecticut was third on the list, at 6.13 guns per 1,000.

DC? Those belong to the politician's security guards probably. I don't think the Secret Service and military have to register their stuff so that has to be private security.

That is funny. Some of the most restrictive laws in the country for us plebes, but the second highest ratio of machine guns per 1000 people. I wish that was as unbelievable as I'd like it to be.

Back
Top Bottom