• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH Man fires an AK in a MA Resturant

Bet this guy was a regular at The Coo-Coo's Nest back before it closed.[smile] Maybe that's why he was so agitated. Used to be alot of guns at that place back in the day......oh so I've heard.[wink]

HEY, my cousin used to own the Coo Coo's Nest. They were from my Italian side of the family, not the Sicilian side. (Unless you're talking about after they sold it about 10 years ago).

HEY, my cousin used to own the Coo Coo's Nest. They were from my Italian side of the family, not the Sicilian side. (Unless you're talking about after they sold it about 10 years ago).

I used to like going to the Coo Coo's Nest. If I look I bet there is still a t-shirt or two hanging around my house. I have been going up to Pine River Pond for as long as I can remember.

Actually he was probably thinking "Gee, it's much safer here in Massachusetts. That poor guy has to pull the trigger for every shot. He also can't hide from me because I can see his muzzle flash. And I'm so happy he has no bayonet to stab me with"

We should correlate which banned features were present on the rifle, I think we'll find that they made no difference. Its an angle.

It's just so stupid that apparently everything is an AK or AR unless proven otherwise, then they never run the correction! Obviously this guy is an idiot, but they always feel the need to pump up the story.

It's just so stupid that apparently everything is an AK or AR unless proven otherwise, then they never run the correction! Obviously this guy is an idiot, but they always feel the need to pump up the story.

If I ever decided to shoot up a restaurant, I should use an M1A just to show that I have a good taste.

I appreciate the differentiation between Italian and Sicilian. Sicilian's are baptized arabs. [rofl]

I used to like going to the Coo Coo's Nest. If I look I bet there is still a t-shirt or two hanging around my house. I have been going up to Pine River Pond for as long as I can remember.
Red ones with a roadrunner bird on them ? I've still got a few myself.[wink]

I used to go to school with a bunch of people who were regulars back when your cousin owned the place. We'd start at the PPP and the Chinese place in Sanbornville and the end up at the Pine River Steakhouse or Coo Coo's Nest. This was back in the mid to late eighties.

Last edited:
Red ones with a roadrunner bird on them ? I've still got a few myself.[wink]

I used to go to school with a bunch of people who were regulars back when your cousin owned the place. We'd start at the PPP and the Chinese place in Sanbornville and the end up at the Pine River Grill or Coo Coo's Nest. This was back in the mid to late eighties.

haha yup, i think they had a few different colors. I know i grew out of mine since I was younger then but my dad might have 1 or 2.

The only good news to come out of this poor souls "dumbassity" is that because he didn't hit anything, the politicians and media have pretty much ignored it.

Lawrence, Lowell, and Lynn don't interest the elite media: no sushi bars and no rich white people.

The other side of the story is the kid who tackled the gunman is an Army MP who served 2 tours in Iraq/Afghanistan, who happens to be the son of one of my mother's closest friends, saved a bunch of peoples lives. This could have had a very tragic ending.

The meesage here is:
Guns don't kill people. SCORPION BOWLS kill people!!
661.x600.eat.barhop.jpg

The other side of the story is the kid who tackled the gunman is an Army MP who served 2 tours in Iraq/Afghanistan, who happens to be the son of one of my mother's closest friends, saved a bunch of peoples lives. This could have had a very tragic ending.

Welcome to the forum. Please thank him for this, and for his service.

I know thread resurrection is a faux pas, BUT, I have a good reason.

Back when this happened I had no idea NES even existed. I had taken a basic safety class, shot my 6 rounds out of a revolver, and was dragging my feet pursuing my ltc.

My girlfriend and I had just recently moved in together. So I get a call from her and she says, "my dad just tackled a guy who tried to shoot up the bar he was at!" or something along those lines. To be clear, he was the second guy that jumped in after another guy grabbed the shooter.

Why now? Well tonight my girlfriend mentions that her father got a summons or something to testify in the case. We had sorta forgotten about it. Then, the light bulb goes off. A dim light bulb, but it flickered none the less. I say to her, you know that "cult?" That's you guys BTW. I bet they have a thread on this. She say's no way, no one got hurt, they probably didn't even notice. I told her people make threads about EVERYTHING, and this story would certainly garner some attention. So here we are.

I would like to mention, that her father has "liked" almost every pro gun thing I have put on Facebook. I don't think he is into firearms, but he is certainly not against them. When my gf got her LTC, there was no big commotion, other than they were surprised that she would want it. Not exactly in her wheelhouse. I have mentioned taking her father shooting, and she says he wouldn't have any interest, but perhaps I will try.

Kudos to the people with enough balls to tackle the guy. At least someone DID SOMETHING... which seems to be something lacking in this country on the whole.
-Mike

Honestly, he just shrugged it off. Said something to the effect of, I just jumped on the guy. Never really talked about it. At the time I knew very little about firearms. Bullets go that way, and the 4 rules. I didn't even think you could get an AK-47 in MA. Now I know you can, 'cus I got one! Because I knew squat, I didn't ask half the questions that I would have if it had happened today.

Anyway, if I don't get flamed for bringing this one back from the dead, I'll update the thread if I get any more details.

Here is a link to the article, the one in the OP is dead:

Rejected customer opens fire at Lynn restaurant - Boston News, New England News, WHDH-TV 7NEWS WHDH.COM

Last edited:
I know thread resurrection is a faux pas, BUT, I have a good reason.

Back when this happened I had no idea NES even existed. I had taken a basic safety class, shot my 6 rounds out of a revolver, and was dragging my feet pursuing my ltc.

My girlfriend and I had just recently moved in together. So I get a call from her and she says, "my dad just tackled a guy who tried to shoot up the bar he was at!" or something along those lines. To be clear, he was the second guy that jumped in after another guy grabbed the shooter.

Why now? Well tonight my girlfriend mentions that her father got a summons or something to testify in the case. We had sorta forgotten about it. Then, the light bulb goes off. A dim light bulb, but it flickered none the less. I say to her, you know that "cult?" That's you guys BTW. I bet they have a thread on this. She say's no way, no one got hurt, they probably didn't even notice. I told her people make threads about EVERYTHING, and this story would certainly garner some attention. So here we are.

<snip>

Anyway, if I don't get flamed for bringing this one back from the dead, I'll update the thread if I get any more details.

IMHO, reviving an old thread with pertinent updated information, as opposed to starting a new thread, is exactly the right thing to do. It keeps the entire discussion in one place.

[thumbsup]

IMHO, reviving an old thread with pertinent updated information, as opposed to starting a new thread, is exactly the right thing to do. It keeps the entire discussion in one place.

[thumbsup]

Reviving old thread happens to ba a hobby of quite a few people here... as Zappa points out, as long the new info is interesting, there is nothing wrong with necromancy.

I just still can't believe he fired 15 shots (assuming 15 due to the 15 counts of assault with intent to murder) and no one got hurt. No one in an adjoining building, no ricochets off a frying pan, nothing.

On a side note, I bet everyone was functionally deaf after 15 rounds going off in an enclosed space.
he proved how inherently safe the gun is, even in a drunk guys hands, 15 shots fired, no one hit. BTW do you think he may have been a leo, speculating due to the hit rate.

The funny thing is you can hear mass politicians saying that they hate NH with our guns, fireworks, and no insurance... [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom