NH Majority Leader pushing gun control... action needed...

From email:

You might recall that a few weeks ago I warned you about how the Republican party was pretending to be the best friends of all firearms owners; it seemed to me like a big charade to trick gun owners into donating money to elect Republicans, even anti-gun Republicans because the party supports ALL Republicans.

I knew it was only a matter of time before elected Republicans started attacking our right to keep and bear arms. I made our position very clear when I said that: "The fact is that no political party will ever unconditionally support your civil right to keep and bear arms."

First, the US Congress, led by anti-gun Speaker Paul Ryan, passed and President Trump signed, the omnibus spending bill which includes significant gun control. While this was happening, Speaker Ryan managed to kill HR 38 for the year (nationwide concealed carry) as well as killing the hearing protection act to deregulate sound suppressors. With friends like this....

And right now, right here, in New Hampshire, the anti-gun, Republican Senate Majority Leader Jeb Bradley is pushing, what has been described by WMUR as "red flag legislation", which will allow the police to take away peoples guns. We can't be sure just how anti-gun and unconstitutional Senator Bradley's bill will be, but we do know that this sort of law already exists in California, a state which is not a shining beacon of freedom or a Second Amendment friendly state so we are pretty sure that Senator Bradley is willing to allow police to take away your guns on a mere hunch without due process, possibly even without evidence of any wrongdoing.

You might recall that Senator Bradley was a cosponsor of SB 500, the anti-gun monster, that, had NHFC and our thousands of members not loudly spoken up, would have tied New Hampshire firearms definitions to federal law.

On Wednesday, March 28, I had a chance meeting with Senator Bradley outside the Legislative Office Building and when I attempted to tell him that we were pleased that the problems with SB 500 were corrected, he said: "what you did was outrageous". I tried to tell him that NHFC will not be ignored and he should have returned my phone calls but we were interrupted and the conversation ended. I wonder if Senator Bradley's "red flag" bill is an attempt to flex his muscles? I can only surmise that he disliked our mailing.

As I said, we have many good reasons not to trust the Republican party to be 100% supportive of your right to bear arms. When news broke that retired US Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stephens called for a repeal of the Second Amendment, the Republican State Committee sent out a fundraising emailing with the express implication that only Republicans will protect your right to keep and bear arms. Whichever political hack wrote the email didn't do some basic research because if they had, they would have realized that Justice Stephens was nominated to the US Supreme Court by President Gerald Ford, a Republican.

Still think this can't happen in New Hampshire? The Vermont legislature just sent a massive gun control bill to REPUBLICAN Governor Phil Scott who said he would sign it! We here at NHFC have learned that we can never trust a politician that even begins to discuss words like, support, sponsor, or sign gun control measures. Lets not forget that just a few weeks ago another Republican Governor, Rick Scott of Florida signed a massive gun control bill. If it can happen in Florida or Vermont, it can certainly happen in New Hampshire, which is why, I need you the grass roots activist to be actively involved in this fight. I think these politicians have always harbored anti-gun sentiments and were waiting for an excuse to act. The murders in Parkland, Florida provided that excuse.

Please forward this email to your friends.

Also, if you have any friends who live in Vermont, please make sure they know what is happening.

I think you get the idea that we are under heavy attack, here is what I need you to do to stop the gun banning Republicans:

1) Contact State Senate President Chuck Morse and tell him that you will not accept one word of Senator Bradley's gun control; you can call him: 603-271-8472 or click here to email him.

Politely tell Senator Morse that you expect him to act at once to stop Senator Bradley's anti-gun red flag legislation. People are entitled to due process and those who have not done anything wrong should not lose their lawfully owned firearms based on the mere hunch of a police officer.

2) Contact the Republican State Committee and let them know that you are not convinced that the NH GOP will unconditionally support your civil rights. Let them know that you will not support a party that includes anti-gun advocates like Paul Ryan and Jeb Bradley. Click here to send an email or call them at (603) 225-9341.

3) Instead of donating to the Republican party, please join, renew or upgrade your NHFC Membership. We are the only organization in New Hampshire that will unconditionally fight for your civil right to keep and bear arms in New Hampshire.

Thanks for your continued support!

In liberty,
Alan M. Rice
Alan M. Rice
President - NHFC, Inc.

P.S.: The New Hampshire Firearms Coalition is working tirelessly to keep gun owners like you up-to-date on as many gun issues as possible -- please consider contributing to the effort by chipping in $15 or $20.

Click here to support NHFC by purchasing one of our custom rifles.

Was this email forwarded to you? Click here to go to our home page and sign up for legislative alerts.

Not an NHFC Member? Click here to join.

Back
Top Bottom