• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH/MA Revolver Gunsmith

I need to find a gunsmith specializing in revolvers who can fit a new handspring to my Colt New Army (I have the new part). These guns are known for extremely complex actions and timing, but I think any gunsmith experienced in fitting revolver parts should be able to do this particular job. Perhaps a cowboy action gunsmith? I'd also really prefer to not have to ship this old gun. Thanks.

He seems to be a 1911 gunsmiths (also a long drive for me). Really would like someone experienced on revolvers.

Did you ask him for a recommendation? I have heard he is very accommodating although I have no personal experience.

Yes, he said "Feel free to try my friend Don @ 302 258 1516 He works on Colts"

I think he got the phone number wrong though, as a google search turns up nothing for 302 258 1516 but 304 258 1516 does. Anyhow, Jim was helpful and I am going to contact Don and see what he has to say.

Has anyone ever heard of Ed Landers?

I was referred to him by two very experienced shooters. He sounds like he's very old and may not have been able to hear what type of gun/work I need done, but I am thinking about driving out to see him since it seems he has something like 50+ years of gunsmithing under his belt.

I would recommended Larocca (he built an amazing J frame I own) but he hasn't returned any of my emails or phone calls recently. I've heard others have had the same experience.

Has anyone ever heard of Ed Landers?

I was referred to him by two very experienced shooters. He sounds like he's very old and may not have been able to hear what type of gun/work I need done, but I am thinking about driving out to see him since it seems he has something like 50+ years of gunsmithing under his belt.

Ed used to live near me before he moved to NH. Hes getting on in years but still does excellent work. He's done work on a shotgun and a couple of rifles for me over the years, the last was a rifle about 2 years ago.

I don't know if he works on revolvers, but if he does, he'll do it right.

I ended up taking it to SL guns in Mason. Paul (the owner) took it in and Eric did the work for me. The new handspring was fitted well and hammer pin replaced. I'm glad I was able to find someone local to do the work because my only other option was sending it out to a small handful of specialized Colt gunsmiths who were anywhere from 2-11 months out on working on it.

Back
Top Bottom