• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH/MA FFLs near Nashua?

45Badger

NES Member
Transferred a handgun to MA through Stateline in Plaistow. Easy-Peasy but Stateline is almost 45 minutes from my house. Costco (center of our lives?) in Nashua is 16 minutes.

Are there any Nashua FFLs that can facilitate quick/cheap/easy transfers to our friends trapped south of the border?

Thanks!

Any of the FFLs in the Littleton mill are close enough. Avoid the FFL in Tyngsboro.

Merrimack Firearms and 619DW are both pretty close to the line on the NH side.

Not sure what the OP is trying to do. Transfer from MA to NH or from NH to MA.
If it's MA to NH, drive it up to the NH FFL yourself and meet the NH buyer at the FFL, and do the transfer.
If it's NH to MA and the NH owner doesn't have a MA permission slip, have the MA buyer meet you north of the line and carry the gun to a MA FFL where you can complete the transfer.
No need to involve 2 FFLs with two transfer fees and shipping.

To clarify- It’s a handgun going from NH to MA. Is it kosher/legal for the MA resident to take temporary possession to drive the gun over the border?

Question- Are there MA FFLs who swing by Nashua NH FFLs to pick up guns heading south?

In a normal state, I’d simply drive to convenient receiving FFL and drop off gun. While I don’t give a damn about Ma**h*** laws or policies, I’m pretty sure the poor SOBs who try to run a gun business in that environment want to stay on the right side of the twat in charge.

1. To clarify- It’s a handgun going from NH to MA. Is it kosher/legal for the MA resident to take temporary possession to drive the gun over the border?

2. Question- Are there MA FFLs who swing by Nashua NH FFLs to pick up guns heading south?

3. In a normal state, I’d simply drive to convenient receiving FFL and drop off gun. While I don’t give a damn about Ma**h*** laws or policies, I’m pretty sure the poor SOBs who try to run a gun business in that environment want to stay on the right side of the twat in charge.

1. Yes, did this myself a couple weeks ago. I transfered a gun to my son, I'm NH he's MA. He drove up here and took posession and we went to his MA FFL who did the transfer. No issues.

2. That sounds expensive, probably cheaper to ship. I guess you could have any 3rd party who has a MA license carry the gun to the MA FFL, but I personally wouldn't want to get more people involved, it may start to look sketchy to the MA FFL and they are free to decline to do the transfer.

3. The FFL will care. If you're delivering the gun for transfer you better have a MA License. I don't know that there is any law that says an FFL can't take a gun from an unlicensed party, but I would expect them to not want to be involved.

1. Yes, did this myself a couple weeks ago. I transfered a gun to my son, I'm NH he's MA. He drove up here and took posession and we went to his MA FFL who did the transfer. No issues.

2. That sounds expensive, probably cheaper to ship. I guess you could have any 3rd party who has a MA license carry the gun to the MA FFL, but I personally wouldn't want to get more people involved, it may start to look sketchy to the MA FFL and they are free to decline to do the transfer.

3. The FFL will care. If you're delivering the gun for transfer you better have a MA License. I don't know that there is any law that says an FFL can't take a gun from an unlicensed party, but I would expect them to not want to be involved.

thanks!

. . .

Do you say this from experience? Because the dealers I work with could not care if the person has an MA LTC/FID. Only that they have identification that is the only requirement.

FFLs are not LE. They don't have to care if you carry in state without valid LTC. They might, because as we know many of them don't know the law well and what their responsibilities are

Have the new owner from MA meet you in Pelham at Hannafords, drive down the street to On Target in Dracut, do the transfer in his home state, when done he drives you up the street to Pelham... you go home.

He is legal in NH since no permits are required, he brings the gun into MA for legitimate sporting purposes as he really does plan to test fire it at On Target's range which is a legitimate sporting use

Transferred a handgun to MA through Stateline in Plaistow. Easy-Peasy but Stateline is almost 45 minutes from my house. Costco (center of our lives?) in Nashua is 16 minutes.

Are there any Nashua FFLs that can facilitate quick/cheap/easy transfers to our friends trapped south of the border?

Thanks!
Lol good luck with that. All of them are going to be more difficult, as most don't even want to even peripherally touch MA bullshit.

Do you say this from experience? Because the dealers I work with could not care if the person has an MA LTC/FID. Only that they have identification that is the only requirement.

FFLs are not LE. They don't have to care if you carry in state without valid LTC. They might, because as we know many of them don't know the law well and what their responsibilities are
Lol good luck with that. All of them are going to be more difficult, as most don't even want to even peripherally touch MA bullshit.

Personal experience.
Went to MFS, they asked if I had a MA LTC until we pointed out that I didn't have physical possession so I didn't need one. Ended up not doing it there because they were running 24hours + and they weren't close to my sons home. The following week we went through the same thing at a FFL near him, asked me again and I had to point out it wasn't needed. This second shop is know to be overly picky yet had no issue doing the transfer.

I've don't transfers the other way on several occasions, one just a little over a week ago. Never an issue. So @drgrant are you speaking from personal experience, because I am and haven't had any issues.

right now Merrimack has a lot more guns in stock

Seriously! I stopped in both today.

Merrimack reasonably well stocked and had decent prices on used guns (all I look for) including Glocks for less than $500! Sanity seems to be returning to the world. Super helpful and engaged staff. They even wore 😷 😎

619 continues to have very little gun inventory, most of it cheap stuff. Ammunition stock is spotty. 9mm is $40 per box. Trump and “no masks allowed” signs are still up.

As I noted earlier, 619 is an OK shop. Definitely in the lowest quartile I’ve experienced. Owner seems like good guy. All other attributes go downhill from there.

To clarify- It’s a handgun going from NH to MA. Is it kosher/legal for the MA resident to take temporary possession to drive the gun over the border?

No, cross border handguns must go ffl to ffl.
Nobody mentioned it but Shawsheen in billerica is a good crew, they're not far off rt 3

Nobody mentioned it but Shawsheen in billerica is a good crew, they're not far off rt 3

This isn't true at all, but there are several advantages to doing it that way. Many of which I am NOT going to go into detail on a public forum.

Wrong, only the receiving end needs to be an FFL. Two different FFLs agreed with this, the only two asked.
MA LTC drove up to NH and and carried the gun to a MA FFL. I was there as the owner of the firearm but never had physical possession of it in MA. MA FFL did the transfer and background check, no problems, Totally legal.

Back
Top Bottom