• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH losing its pro gun mindset?

I posted earlier about moving to NH and got some responses. I realize you need to stand up and fight for what you believe in and NH seems to do that. Is the traditional NH mindset being changed for the worse by outsiders moving in? I am an outsider looking to move in and will leave my state of NY entirely behind. I will embrace everything about NH and its traditional values of liberty and small gov't. I am looking for responses from people that have resided in NH forever and see the state turning for the worse. I question my move beacause on other forums people say not to touch the northeast and pick a southern or western state., Live and let live is my motto. Thanks

I moved here last August. Everyone I know is pro guns here. The more pro gun'outsiders'we have move here all the better.
What area are you looking to move to?

I moved from mass, so I can't contribute to your question about the lifers and how it has changed.

The migration of gun grabbing statist freedom haters from screwed up states (MA, NJ, CA) to free states that are less screwed up is happening all over the country. Once replanted, the statists vote the same way as they did before they left the state they screwed up. Even Montana and Wyoming are being infiltrated. But that doesn't mean the statists will win. You can move somewhere there's a fighting chance, or stay in MA. I'd prefer you move up here.

I moved here recently and find the mindset (in general, not just about firearms) is far better than most places in MA.

I need to look deeper at Maine next. Mostly due to applying for a position with a company up there this past week. It would be about 80 miles into Maine (just north of Freeport), so even further away from MA than I already am. :D

I question my move beacause on other forums people say not to touch the northeast and pick a southern or western state.

Think about the rest of the northeast; if I were not familiar with each New England state, I would probably make the same generalization. Don't fool yourself; NH has moonbats. There is not a fence to keep them out. That said, the percentage is lower than other northeast states in my experience

Think about the rest of the northeast; if I were not familiar with each New England state, I would probably make the same generalization. Don't fool yourself; NH has moonbats. There is not a fence to keep them out. That said, the percentage is lower than other northeast states in my experience

Portsmouth and Durham are almost completely moonbat

NH is one of the best gun states in the country with regard to current laws, and almost joined the ranks of Constitutional Carry. That being said, the legislature can be reached and swayed much easier than here in MA, good or bad. Lots of gun people in NH, and even the people who are starting to live off the government in not so populated areas are gun people.

I want to go back.

I work there and have many many friends up there that are gun pro... but it is true... moonbats are working hard at removing the rights you enjoy.. bastards.... I am sure they are Ma**h***S too.

I moved here recently and find the mindset (in general, not just about firearms) is far better than most places in MA.

I need to look deeper at Maine next. Mostly due to applying for a position with a company up there this past week. It would be about 80 miles into Maine (just north of Freeport), so even further away from MA than I already am. :D

Maine is worse than NH in most aspects, I grew up in Maine and I wouldn't go back. NH is my stand, I'll do my best to protect life in NH.

I've been here a few years and I'd have to say compared to other NE states it's a lot better. Land is pricey and it is slowly being eroded but if more people with the liberty state of mind move here we stand a chance.

Btw, when you move from NY to new England, you get a complimentary Red Sox hat and patriots Jersey.

I posted earlier about moving to NH and got some responses. I realize you need to stand up and fight for what you believe in and NH seems to do that. Is the traditional NH mindset being changed for the worse by outsiders moving in? I am an outsider looking to move in and will leave my state of NY entirely behind. I will embrace everything about NH and its traditional values of liberty and small gov't. I am looking for responses from people that have resided in NH forever and see the state turning for the worse. I question my move beacause on other forums people say not to touch the northeast and pick a southern or western state., Live and let live is my motto. Thanks
You are going to stand up and fight for what you believe in by running away? How does that work, exactly?

I'm an NH outsider and I'm so far pro-gun, I make NRA Life Members blush.

I don't think I'm obnoxious about it. But I am sure as hell persistent.

The migration of gun grabbing statist freedom haters from screwed up states (MA, NJ, CA) to free states that are less screwed up is happening all over the country. Once replanted, the statists vote the same way as they did before they left the state they screwed up. Even Montana and Wyoming are being infiltrated. But that doesn't mean the statists will win. You can move somewhere there's a fighting chance, or stay in MA. I'd prefer you move up here.

I don't think thats necessarily true. Most people move there for more freedoms. Its the home bred liberals that are infecting others.

Portsmouth and Durham are almost completely moonbat

And Keene.

Generally, central and southern NH is very conservative/libertarian. In fact, I think most of NH is fairly libertarian with the exception of Portsmouth. Sure, the western part of the state has a heavy left-libertarian/Vermont influence, but generally speaking, it's pretty pro-gun.

In less than two weeks I will be a resident of New Hampshire when I close on a house providing nothing goes foul with the deal, God willing. I go with the intent of preserving all of the freedoms the Constitution recognizes and the intent behind the state motto. I could go on stating why else, but clearly it all boils down to freedom and preservation of the same.

I will not be silent.

Are you tryng to be comical. That is the beauty of this great country. You have 50 states to chose from. I am a NRA endowment member and a life memmber of the NYSRPA so I am well aware of fighting for what you believe in. However, this is not the days of sense and reason . NY is a lost cause. Just look at how many republicans voted for the new GUN BAN.
You are going to stand up and fight for what you believe in by running away? How does that work, exactly?

i need to find a job up there first

I didn't... I was looking for a new job when I was looking to move. I found the place in Nashua and grabbed it before the contract I was on ended. If you can get a place within a reasonable commute to your job in MA, I'd do it. You can always look for another job that's closer to home after you've moved. IMO, it's better to move to a free state (MA is a lost cause) than remain where you are and suffer, bitch and moan about the state keeping you down.

BTW, had I known about the contract ending, where I was, I would have accepted another contract in Franklin, MA. I would have still moved to Nashua though. The job was for a later shift, so I would have missed most of the traffic.

OK, donning the Devil's Advocate costume here, but let's face a reality: some states are more defensible than others. That's true in a football game, a military engagement or anything else really. Some physical positions are more defensible than others.

NY, MA, NJ, etc. are just total lost causes. I'm putting my chips on NH.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, had I known about the contract ending, where I was, I would have accepted another contract in Franklin, MA. I would have still moved to Nashua though. The job was for a later shift, so I would have missed most of the traffic.

Ugh. Nashua to Franklin. That's a haul and a half!

I have lived in mass my entire life and am graduating from school in May. I am seriously considering New Hampshire and am looking for jobs up there. There are a lot of reasons I am considering moving there, but freedom is a huge part. I am looking at the Greenland area.

I just moved to nh from mass. I have lived in NY, Cali and mass. The moon bat trifecta. All three are hopeless. I think nh is seeing more and more people like me who want to counter the leftist trends in recent elections here as we flee lost causes. Nh at least has the tax advantage and currently gun friendly laws and stand your ground. We need more people like you here to counter the dependents who vote democrat. You don't need to be a republican, just vote for any other liberty loving candidate. Even dems that claim to be are capable of being a turncoat because at some point they all do. Come here and never trust a dem.

I live in central nh and commute into Boston with the concord coach line bus. It's not that bad, has wifi and takes you into south station after hitting a commuter loop in town,

I moved to NH from California in November and it is so much better I almost couldn't believe it. When I got to take my first gun bought here home with me right away, when I first open carried up to the statehouse for the pro gun rally...it's awesome. If you are for small gov't and pro 2nd amendment head to NH...we need all the help we can get to keep it from going true blue like MA.

you can get buy a gun without a license and get new glocks and new 30 round mags and that should be enough for anyone from mass on this forum to make the move. keep your job and commute over the border for work until you can find something up here to exempt you from an income tax. this whole cluster**** is not going to go on forever. you have to put your family's safefy in the forefront and do something.

i dunno we've introduced a immunity bill for gun owners whose firearms get stolen

though could use some help to testify, http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...ect-your-right-store-firearms-01-29-13-a.html

My accountant moved up to North Conway several months ago (from MA). I asked him if he now feels like this is something that he should have done a LONG TIME AGO.

He said absolutely YES, and he was kicking himself for not doing it a lot sooner....

Back
Top Bottom