• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH Lobbyist [Clegg] who funded anti-gun Speaker Shurtleff running for Executive Council, (Wheeler overwhelmingly wins by 25%, 63 to 38)

I’m voting for both wheeler and Avard, as I did last time. They both lost by very slim margins. That c*** levesque is horrible.

Here is another reason. Remember when the Manchester mom was charged with child endangerment and then lost her job for having a firearm in her glove compartment several years ago... Wheeler, along with others went to bat to help her out.

"...

Once the word got out, several firearms advocates came to her defense, and Gov. Chris Sununu asked Attorney General Gordon MacDonald to look into the matter.
Neely said she could get her job back only if she signed papers agreeing not to sue and to forgo her lost pay.
"Common sense has prevailed in New Hampshire," Gov. Sununu said. "On my instruction, the Attorney General's Office reviewed this matter. Upon conclusion of that review, the decision was made to reinstate Ms. Neely to her prior position. I thank Attorney General MacDonald and all those who advocated on Ms. Neely's behalf. "I am pleased that we were able to do the right thing, for Ms. Neely and her children, on the cusp of this holiday season," Sununu said.
Neely said she's most grateful to Executive Councilor David Wheeler, R-Milford; Rick Olson, who started a fundraiser that raised $3,600 on her behalf; and state Rep. J.R. Hoell, R-Dunbarton, who dropped off some money for her and helped her with her resume.
"I can't thank them enough for being there," she said."

NES thread on this: Woman charged after loaded gun found unsecured in car within reach of child

Last edited:
As a local to Wheeler's turf, I can tell you all he's the genuine thing. He goes to bat for those he represents, and has a superb - really, superb - track record on 2A issues. He's a key reason we got con carry, and I can tell you that from being one of the people on the phone with various reps and groups trying to get many players to stop trying to sink it because their version wasn't going to be "it" - right up to the time it finally came together.

People from across the political spectrum I've talked with respect what he does for the state and his constituents over the decades - even those who don't agree with him on many issues.

Dave Wheeler's the real deal.

I'm not in Wheeler's district, but I get his emails. Here's what I received today, and if I was in his district, I would vote for him:

Friends,

I'm Dave Wheeler, and I'm running to be your Executive Councilor again. You may not know a lot about what the Council does. Most people don't.

Despite what my primary opponent may try to tell you, I'm no liberal. In fact, I vote NO more than anyone I've ever worked with on the Council. The minutes are available on the website for you to check.

I vote NO when the Governor or Council attempts to spend money New Hampshire can't afford. I vote NO when the Governor or Council tries to take on too much debt. I vote NO when a nominee comes before us that won't uphold the Constitution.

Most Council votes are unanimous, where we all vote in lockstep to keep the state running. Here's a small sample of what we vote on:

We vote to approve the minutes.
We vote to approve special elections when a seat is vacant.
We vote to confirm nominees to the Lakes Management Advisory Council
We vote to confirm nominees to the Pesticides Control Board...

The majority of the Council votes are boilerplate. Not controversial.

I pick and choose the battles that matter to New Hampshire. And I vote NO more than anyone!

Fact is, over my 5 terms on the Council, I have voted No more than anyone I've served with, and I will continue to vote NO to protect you, your wallet, and your liberties from the government. In fact, one of my favorite NO votes is to prevent a 50% toll increase on residents of District 5.

I hope to earn your vote on September 8 in the Republican Primary, because NO one votes NO to protect YOU more than Dave Wheeler.

If one is going to donate to the Anti-Gun democrats, then one might as well go BIG or go home..
Data pulled from followthemoney for the firm that Clegg founded and has a current partial ownership stake in (Minority/majority we do not know)

Vote wisely on Tuesday..

Legislative solutions to dems 2010-2018.jpg

Per the latest financial filing with the SOS, Clegg just spent $55,000 personally running for this Executive Seat. When one is a lobbyist, the question 'WHY??" needs to be asked.

Here is how you can help Wheeler out for the General election and have some fun at the same time: Shoot, have lunch and hang out with good folks!

2020 Steak & Clays Fundraiser to support Dave Wheeler for Executive Council!
September 26, 2020 - 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM

Trap shoot 9:00-1:00
Lunch served at 1:00

$100 Entry

SPONSORSHIPS
$1000 - Co-host
$500 - Event Sponsor
$250 - Friend of Dave Wheeler

Back
Top Bottom